ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 track shed

172 Race Car
Part number:

77 00 866 483

Just found one in the drawer that ive been meaning to give to bomber for weeks, Lol

Zetec s
I tried everywhere and no one would sell me just a gasket, they said they only sell it with a body. Never thought to go to renault :eek:, will get one from there then if they do them seperate.

Edit fair enuf kev's gettin one lol

Sore Subject
I'm still not liking the ghetto seal TBH mate, will sort something for that!:rasp:
famous quote off mr walker..... i hate people who quote the whole post...........:rasp:

Good work with thinking on your feet for the tb lad!!!;)

Cage will be measured up tomorrow i will be dragging our mr welder man person down by his ears kicking and screaming if needs be!!!!!

AGH the sl*g
i got the new gasket from the stealers was something like £2.04 inc vat but be very very careful removing it from its plastic vacumed packaging grrrrr

Sore Subject
Cage has been measured... will keep every one updated on the build of it!!

Is going to be built in to the car for smoother and tighter fit with minimal welds and joins :cool:

Qashcow
nice cage design, i looked into making my own but too lazy. OMP ftw :D

ive got a set of 4 888's when your done with jays set lol

Qashcow
205/50/15's, 4 off. not sure yet if they're defo for sale Adam, but by the time Kev would need then i will have made a decision lol

Zetec s
Our Sparco seat rails and Scorpion cat back exhaust turned up today, so after saying i wouldn't i couldn't help myself and i assembled the seats, :rasp:
Since there is going to be 3 of us driving the car we have got an ajustable drivers rail, but just a fixed passengers.

The exhaust will have to wait for a drier day though.

DSC02313.jpg

DSC02314.jpg

DSC02318.jpg

DSC02317.jpg

DSC02319.jpg

Sore Subject
good work al.... would have come down but soem little birdy told me no work was being done due to the rain....:rolleyes: ;)

172 5HED
Win, managed to get a local company to supply and cut the side windows x4 in 3mm polycarb for £33 and they think they can do the rear too ;)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looking good guys, out of interesting how much was the subframe and where you get it from?

e91 330d/type r mini
Win, managed to get a local company to supply and cut the side windows x4 in 3mm polycarb for £33 and they think they can do the rear too ;)
any chance you could get me some ;) my side windows are getting cut out when the car gets painted so would be an ideal time to do them if you could help me out :)
your definately flying along with this car mate.
dedication FTW

182cup & 172 racecar
Very,think I paid nearly £50 for a sheet to do our own,cut it al out then realised it was only 3mm(yes I did swear a lot) .

Sore Subject
any chance you could get me some ;) my side windows are getting cut out when the car gets painted so would be an ideal time to do them if you could help me out :)
dedication FTW

Will let you know how we get on matey!!
They said will defo be able to do all 4 side windows..... and to take them the rear and they will have a lookski and see what they can do but we are hopeful!!!!! :cool:
even if it is a fail... it is only £33 quid at the end of the day :)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
As both me and Tony said in the other thread, we think you will struggle to do the rear out of sheet polcarb.

The people that cut our side windows said they would try, but due to the rear screen having Curvature in both planes its nearly impossible it has to be formed.

By all means try, but it was just easier to buy the P4P one for us than mess around with it.

182cup & 172 racecar
did you do the rear screen yourself as well? if you did how did you do it?

We ended up just dong the front windows for now,cost main factor,others will be changed as and when,damaged etc.

Anyway the car is light enough as it is 850kg dry.

e91 330d/type r mini
Will let you know how we get on matey!!
They said will defo be able to do all 4 side windows..... and to take them the rear and they will have a lookski and see what they can do but we are hopeful!!!!! :cool:
even if it is a fail... it is only £33 quid at the end of the day :)
nice one mate id be very very gratefull if we could get it sorted :D

172 5HED
dedication FTW

Will sort you out mate, will get the place to do ours then if any good get em to do another rear set for you and will post ;)

Tony, bloody light that mate, fair play!

182cup & 172 racecar
Morning Kev,are they copying the standard window pattern or are you going to put them in the dip where the rubber used to be,I cut mine to do the latter,but didn't use them as they were 3mm.

Sore Subject
Morning Kev,are they copying the standard window pattern or are you going to put them in the dip where the rubber used to be,I cut mine to do the latter,but didn't use them as they were 3mm.

They are using the glass as a template for it as far as i know.... that not a good idea? i have added 4cm on to the bottom to allow it in to the top of the door so we can put a bolt under it to hold it up. what you think Tony?

172 5HED
Yeah, std template Tony. Going to insert the fronts into the normal location and ust use a bolt to secure or fab a bracket.

Rears were just going to be bonded in. Any tips on fitting those?

182cup & 172 racecar
They are using the glass as a template for it as far as i know.... that not a good idea? i have added 4cm on to the bottom to allow it in to the top of the door so we can put a bolt under it to hold it up. what you think Tony?
You will find a hole that is in a perfect place,as I said before I used a nut and bolt with a big washer to hold it in place.(it's in the middle) can't

find pics sorry.

Oh and then we used a piece of cut off door seal on the inside along the top to make it look tidy and it stops the window rattling about.