ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 track shed

Sore Subject
Re: Ph1 172 track shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashw831
I cant wait for us to get this thing done, you both got some work done after i left 10 out of 10 for effort!! :cool:;)

Ah, you join at last! Yes we didnt f**k about IIRC!!

Couldnt resist mate... had to see your progress!!;) will be better when i get back to it with you all next week!!!:evil:

Cant miss em that much lol, they were Ogange......:rasp::eek:

We are having some bright ones on this one!! dont think will be orange though already been done!

Zetec s
Just a little update for you guys and girls, Started stripping the dash today while i had a spare hour, But was stopped by the mother of all torque bolts, so will have to wait for kev with his magic tools to put in an apperance lol.

DSC02184.jpg

Affending bolt :mad:, oh well

DSC02187.jpg

Sore Subject
good work johnson!!!! if i knew you were doing some today i would have come down.... thought you were out all day.....:S

Sore Subject
good work!!!!

not sure if he will have a star head that big... hasn't he lost the 50? huston.....we could have a problem! :dapprove:

Zetec s
Done a bit more this evening, Whipped the rest of the dash out, and all of the sound deadning, then me and the heater matrix had a falling out so that came out aswel:evil:

Just need a U bend to blank off the heater rad thing then we're set for re-assemblage. Plenty of wiring to sort through and lighten first though boys ;) lol

DSC02188.jpg

DSC02189.jpg

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
tar sound deadening..... took all mine out yesterday.

Not 10kg as some members say lol about 4 :p

Zetec s
Me and Kev got the new coilovers on this afternoon, Was a bit of a pain gettin some of the 10yr old bolts off :mad:

The leaking old back shock
DSC02194.jpg

New shock and spring fitted
DSC02195.jpg

Tired looking front suspension
DSC02196.jpg

All new off roader stance,:rasp: Obviously needs adjusting yet, but the main aim was to get it fitted and then fine tune the ideal ride height.
DSC02198.jpg

172 5HED
Never seen the back spring fitted that way before :) Its upside down compred to normal :)

Looking good though!

Lol, well the cut price kut from KTEC had no destructions?! So the adjuster is meant to go at the bottom? All the ABS lines etc seemed to be in the way that way round??? Can always swap it but would have thought it makes no odds?

172 5HED
just makes adj easier.

I thought it would be easier this way so not to have to work round the pipes? WIll see how we get on when adjusting the back, both front and back set to half but as you can see, alot lower on the front :eek:

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Im after a cheap pair of coilovers to, so you will have to let me know what these are like. Heard there were some build quality issues with them :-s

172 5HED
Im after a cheap pair of coilovers to, so you will have to let me know what these are like. Heard there were some build quality issues with them :-s

Hmm, if there are the 1yr warrenty will be getting used!! ;);)

Seem OK TBH build wise, for the price it would have cost us for dampers (as two had pissed oil everywhere) and springs its worth a shot!

e91 330d/type r mini
Hmm, if there are the 1yr warrenty will be getting used!! ;);)

Seem OK TBH build wise, for the price it would have cost us for dampers (as two had pissed oil everywhere) and springs its worth a shot!
it says a 2year warranty on there advert on there site mate so deffo got to be worth a go :)

172 5HED
More pics later, colies adjusted, loom stipped right back (2 carrier bags full) and non sport dash in!

172 5HED
Cheers boys, TBH having done most of this to my 197 and worrying about if its reversable or not (as I now have to sell it) I can say I'm enjoying this far more as we can do it properly with no mincing about!