ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange mobile users

172 Cup
I'm currently with Orange and i'll be phoning them once I have finished work at 9pm to see what they say.I'll be looking to end my contract after 10months and hopefully sell my phone for a good sum of money and put that towards either an n97/iphone.My only need in a phone is decent music player & wifi that can act as a modem for my laptop.Currently on £25 a month with Orange 600mins Ulntd. Texts

1.5 Clio Dynamique
im going to do it now

phones 4 u gave me £160quid to cancel my old contract and start a new one with them. so now if i can cancel it ive just gained £160

contract breaches ftfw!!

ST
Indeed, i got £100 cash in hand back in Feb for upgrading to with phones4u to my N85, they're giving me a further £130 cash tomo as trade in for the old handset LOL..along with a new N97 in white on vodafone..awesome.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Indeed, i got £100 cash in hand back in Feb for upgrading to with phones4u to my N85, they're giving me a further £130 cash tomo as trade in for the old handset LOL..along with a new N97 in white on vodafone..awesome.

What you trading in mate. I really fancy an n97 got a tocca atm pay £25 for 500 mins unlim texts. You think i could get anything similar for that price.

Edit you said n98. 2nd Q still stands haha

For example as i dont want to pay for a handset (need cash) and i chose this one.
http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_contract_details.asp?ItemKey=271567

would i still be able to cancel as the one i'd choose would be back with orange...but its through a 3rd party sooo maybe it would be fine.

Last edited:
  ST
Tocco, not sure matey?

Its worth a try, jus make sure you get as good a deal as poss, get as much cash back as you can, phone shops will do a fair bit to get business jus now by the looks of it.

1.5 Clio Dynamique
TOP TIP

Go to phones4u say you need a new contract but yours doesnt end for ...... amount of time

they will then buy you out with £...... you need to end your contract, plus a brand new contract with a brand new top of the range phone

you then go to orange with this loophole cancel thing and end your contract you have in effect got a load of money for really doing not a fat lot

:D

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Yeah i meant tocco.

I'm gonna find out if its ok to then get another orange contract but through phones4u that way i'll make £90 on my tocco and get a newer phone/better cont if i cant i'll just try get them to take some money off me bill.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
TOP TIP

Go to phones4u say you need a new contract but yours doesnt end for ...... amount of time

they will then buy you out with £...... you need to end your contract, plus a brand new contract with a brand new top of the range phone

you then go to orange with this loophole cancel thing and end your contract you have in effect got a load of money for really doing not a fat lot

:D

Except you will be signing up to the new set of T&C's, and be stuck with a contract you don't want.

Just done mine with minimal fuss! offered me a 5er off my line rental when I declined he cancelled my contract and ordered my PAC code.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Reet before I do this I need some thoughts.

If the phone/contract I want is with orange but through phones4u will I still be able to cancel and get my PAC or do you then have to get a new contract with someone else.

Cheers

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Done it.....i said i wanted to stick with orange....sooo there sending me a pay as u go sim. Register it as soon as it comes then go to town and get my new contract/phone with that sim so i keep my No and sell the tocco

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Thinking about calling them, i already get a sweet deal through them! wonder if i can get it cheaper... do you think they will lower my tarrif? i pay £22.50 - for 1200 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited net and blackberry 8900

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I think they will buddy. No harm in trying.

Had a good chat with the lad was on for about 20 mins. He was saying sooo many people are using the site above and start shouting bawling at him and his colleges.....if you do they try there hardest to not let you change and will use all the tactics they've been told to use.

I worked in a call centre for BG a while ago so got alot of stick and was havin a chat with him about that was a sound guy and at the end of the day they've been told to do anything they can (damage limitation i guess).

He also said that on the guide people are using the 16.1 clause is wrong so they catch some people out with that.

I also asked the Q "so will it affect me?" I thought he said "yes" so later on i just mentioned that he had mentioned therefor i dont need a text....He said "aaah well i said maybe we're being extra careful you see" we had a bit of a laugh....turns out i've had the text 3 times already....just deleted it thinking it was from 241.

Sooo moral of the story is be polite and they'll sort you out.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
he was having none of it. LOL.

said they would put a 10 pound one off credit on my account. that was it.

shitters.

172 Cup
I was informed that he checked their 'database' and because I had not received the text message they couldn't do anything. If however, I do receive the text message I can callback and they will 'see what they can do'.

He also said that it changes wef 14th Sept and Orange have to make customers aware within 30days therefore If I dont get a text before the 14th Aug then my tarriff is not changing.

ST
I think they will buddy. No harm in trying.

Had a good chat with the lad was on for about 20 mins. He was saying sooo many people are using the site above and start shouting bawling at him and his colleges.....if you do they try there hardest to not let you change and will use all the tactics they've been told to use.

I worked in a call centre for BG a while ago so got alot of stick and was havin a chat with him about that was a sound guy and at the end of the day they've been told to do anything they can (damage limitation i guess).

He also said that on the guide people are using the 16.1 clause is wrong so they catch some people out with that.

I also asked the Q "so will it affect me?" I thought he said "yes" so later on i just mentioned that he had mentioned therefor i dont need a text....He said "aaah well i said maybe we're being extra careful you see" we had a bit of a laugh....turns out i've had the text 3 times already....just deleted it thinking it was from 241.

Sooo moral of the story is be polite and they'll sort you out.

So so true mate!!

I was spot on with the guy as he was with me.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Try someone else the bird I had first said same thing.

Ask if you will be effected. If they say yes then say in the T&C's it says if you are informed directly which if they say yes you will have been then they have to.

But they will text you in time if not.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
i spoke to o2, there contracts suck! rubbish. want money for the iphone, then 35 quid for 600 mins and 500 messages... cack.

There is not much point in me moving!! : (

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
You can still do it an stick with orange. Just get them to send u a pay & go sim with you no.

Then go orange shop get new cont + phone. Sell old phone....win win

Clio 197 F1
i spoke to o2, there contracts suck! rubbish. want money for the iphone, then 35 quid for 600 mins and 500 messages... cack.

There is not much point in me moving!! : (

But you will have a top phone. Look at your bill and see on average how many text's and min's you use each month.

Or go for the £45 a month one?

172 Cup
Try someone else the bird I had first said same thing.

Ask if you will be effected. If they say yes then say in the T&C's it says if you are informed directly which if they say yes you will have been then they have to.

But they will text you in time if not.

I specifically asked if I will be effected, He replied 'I dont know as of yet, only certain tarriffs are effected'

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Are they doing deals on handsets to stay with them? i fancy a blackberry bold

A4 Avant
Ive gone from my battered old 6220 classic to an iphone. Contract is £5 more per month but i'll get more texts and minutes plus all the data which I don't have now.

Plus selling my old phone has paid for the upgrade. Im chuffed to bits.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I'm waiting for my sim then gonna collect the new SE 8mega camera. I'll get 100 mins more same texts for same price a month plus the £90 for my tocco.. Pure win.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
DId all of you lot state all these causes? etc. I dont want to leave i just want a free phone!!

A4 Avant
Lol, no. She offered me a better contract and I just told her I went massively over on a previous contract and don't want to risk getting a large bill with this one because of the new t&c's.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
What is the best way to go about it, to see if i can get a blackberry bold? but stay on the same tarrif?

Clio Williams
i just rang them after reading this topic.

Spoke to a lovely lady and said that i had been made aware of the change in call charges which puts Orange in breach of my contract (had the contract since Sep 08) and i would like to cancel. She started off by offering me a £5 reduction in my £40 a month tarriff which i told her was not of any interest and now my contact is cancelled with effect from Tomorrow!

Fantastic stuff seeing as i hadly use my phone now and my contract wasnt supposed to expire until April next year!

CSX

172 CUP!
Just cancelled.

Went something like :

Him: This doesn't affect you sir
Me: I want to cancel.
Him: But this doesnt affect you
Me: I want to cancel
Him: Bisically your taken the phone for free and this will affect your credit rating
Me: Want to cancel
Him: Ok, cancel. Will affect your rating and you might not be able to get another contract.

lol!

How will this affect my rating if its in there terms that you are entilted to cancelled if they change them? Seems like he was trying to scare me off.

172 Cup
Going to try ringing them for a 2nd attempt within the hour.

I go on holiday in 2weeks so ideally want a new iphone so I can get all my music uploaded for the long flight!

Hopefully i'll have some success this time round.

Just to clarify, is everyone going through to cancellations when they select the options?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Just cancelled.

Went something like :

Him: This doesn't affect you sir
Me: I want to cancel.
Him: But this doesnt affect you
Me: I want to cancel
Him: Bisically your taken the phone for free and this will affect your credit rating
Me: Want to cancel
Him: Ok, cancel. Will affect your rating and you might not be able to get another contract.

lol!

How will this affect my rating if its in there terms that you are entilted to cancelled if they change them? Seems like he was trying to scare me off.

LOL it wont affect your rating its just scare tactics. But imo you need to be a little more subtle. The guys in the Call centre dnt give a s**t about it tbh and they'll help people who are nice to them. The guy even said that to me. If someone comes on being a c**t they'll do everything they can to stop you. Be nice and you'll be done in minutes.

Cant wait for my new phone, 100 extra mins and £90 in my pocket.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Going to try ringing them for a 2nd attempt within the hour.

I go on holiday in 2weeks so ideally want a new iphone so I can get all my music uploaded for the long flight!

Hopefully i'll have some success this time round.

Just to clarify, is everyone going through to cancellations when they select the options?

Yes mate. Check how long it'll take you to get a pac code if your away in 2 weeks. And keep trying my mate had to do it 3 times just 1 after the other but got through. Took me 2 times.

CSX

172 CUP!
wasn't rude to begin with. was polite and asked to cancel. then he went on and bloody on so i got cheesed off with it! Agreed tho if your nice people help you out but this guy was a complete nob tbh.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Im on the phone to them now, they just offered to cancel, hes sending me to retentions. I dont want to leave tho'. I can cancel

Just offered me 1200 mins with unlimited everything for £9 a month!! ROFL
But im getting a new HTC HD through insurance from them tommorow

They wouldnt give me a new phone. Not until 3 months anyway. They did say you have to cancel within 1 month of getting the text! Not sure if thats true or not

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
PMSL Orange are going to lose more money than they make through these new stupid charges at this rate. I might ring up and just tell them I don't honestly want to cancel but as everyone else is getting cheaper deals I want one and will leave if they won't lol. See how that plays out. If needs be I'd just take the phone and go elsewhere, no loss to me.