ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange mobile users

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
There not better than orange are they though.

My mates cont is £44 he gets 500 texts 1200 mins.

I pay £35 on orange and get 1200 mins unlim texts and free net/same as iPhone.

Plus he had to pay £60 for it. Which if your working etc is good but it's still expensive.

Firstly, Oranges contracts are far superior to the O2 ones. Find me 600mins, unlimited texts for £20 on an iPhone?

Secondly, how is buying the best product being a sheep? I had the first iPhone, before everyone had them. So just because I have the best phone, I'm automatically trying to keep up with someone else?

You crack on with your SE that hasn't evolved in the last 10 years and I'll use my iPhone. Everyones happy.

Where did you get an unlocked one mate. And ive heard unlocked ones dont get free wap etc....any truth in that or is it just digruntled O2 users.

172Ben one of the Mods on here has been bloody helpful, top lad. Bought/buying one off of a member on here that has been unlocked and have heard no problems with using it with t'internet etc. Ben has been using his on Voda for the last however long.

And if it does need an O2 card to activate it before it can be unlocked then I will just get a mate's sim card or something, then unlock it. Although it should be coming to me unlocked, as soon as my bloody Natwest card is delivered so I can pay the poor member!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Firstly, Oranges contracts are far superior to the O2 ones. Find me 600mins, unlimited texts for £20 on an iPhone?

Secondly, how is buying the best product being a sheep? I had the first iPhone, before everyone had them. So just because I have the best phone, I'm automatically trying to keep up with someone else?

You crack on with your SE that hasn't evolved in the last 10 years and I'll use my iPhone. Everyones happy.
wheres this tarif then as the one on their website is £30 a month for that, and thats only if you do it online.

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/price-plans/pay-monthly

and to me, 500 texts is unlimited, i only use about 70 a month:eek:

wheres this tarif then as the one on their website is £30 a month for that, and thats only if you do it online.

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/price-plans/pay-monthly

and to me, 500 texts is unlimited, i only use about 70 a month:eek:

I had it through retentions having been there a few years. I need unlimted. I send a few thousand! lol..

sim only phone
hero = £406 (amazon)
iphone =£440 (o2)
its what £34 difference in price yet you have to pay £80+ upfront
its just apples popularity with the ipod

Ever thought they give it away free to entice people? :rolleyes:

Are you replying to me?

It's not the best phone, it has a crap camera, no flash, has only just evolved to record video, lower screen res than a nokia, no way of expanding the storage memory, has to be sent away to replace a duff battery, has low battery life, only just got "cut and paste" (whoop welcome to 2003), quite a big phone, reasonably heavy, gets scratched to fcuk as soon as you take it out the box, you have to jail break it to be able to add anything but official apps, lacks AD2P bluetooth (afaik?). Although it looks pretty lol.

Oh, I don't have a SE?!?! ;)

Camera is fine on mine. I have an SLR if I want high quality snaps. Lower res? Wow. The screen is far superior on the iPhone. Memory? Is 16/32GB not enough? lol.. It doesn't have to be sent away. Any Apple store will swap it instantly. Battery life, meh, I'll give you that one! lol.. It'll last a day. That's enough. It can charge while I sleep. Big and heavy? Does it not fit in your handbag? Scratched, that goes for any phone. Look after it and it will be fine. You don't need to jailbreak. Mines not. AppStore has millions of the things, so you're hardly stuck for choice. AD2P, well I haven't sent someone a song in years. I'm not 13 years old sat on the bus anymore.

lol, I guessed. Another iPhone row. No idea why I even bothered to reply TBH.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Are you replying to me?

It's not the best phone, it has a crap camera, no flash, has only just evolved to record video, lower screen res than a nokia, no way of expanding the storage memory, has to be sent away to replace a duff battery, has low battery life, only just got "cut and paste" (whoop welcome to 2003), quite a big phone, reasonably heavy, gets scratched to fcuk as soon as you take it out the box, you have to jail break it to be able to add anything but official apps, lacks AD2P bluetooth (afaik?). Although it looks pretty lol.

Oh, I don't have a SE?!?! ;)

No you dont, but you did bang on about how good the C905 was.
Oh...

And lower screen res? No.
AD2P yes.

Copy and paste is a bigger innovation than most realise, you can copy anything, not just text.

What phone do you have now? i'll spend several minutes ripping it.

To be fair, I have always wanted the best out of my phones, had the first camera phone, the first megapixel phone, then 2mp, 3mp, 5mp but since then, as Dan says, I use the DSLR. The camera on mine is now used for s***s and giggles, not "look at this sunset" pics.

No other phone works as well as the iPhone on the browser side of things, nor the satnav. I'm coming from a BB Storm, hence the change to iPhone. It's just better!

This doesn't mean it is the be all and end all of phones, but for what I use it for, it's the best option.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Lets be honest, its brilliant.

no bones about it. ive not loved a phone this much since the T68M

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I agree with what you've all said above it is epic and I'm always playing on my mates it's just too expensive imo.

To be fair, I have always wanted the best out of my phones, had the first camera phone, the first megapixel phone, then 2mp, 3mp, 5mp but since then, as Dan says, I use the DSLR. The camera on mine is now used for s**ts and giggles, not "look at this sunset" pics.

No other phone works as well as the iPhone on the browser side of things, nor the satnav. I'm coming from a BB Storm, hence the change to iPhone. It's just better!

This doesn't mean it is the be all and end all of phones, but for what I use it for, it's the best option.

my 5800 has garmin satnav :p but in all fairness the nokia maps is crap! takes you up farmers drives for shi!ts and giggles

172 Cup
Each and every phone is specific to its user, for example I dont opt for a phone with a great camera as I have an SLR for that and just use my phone as its convenient when I need to take a quick snap.

I have chosen the HTC hero personally, but this is purely because of the fact I'm a student and cant justify the £186 for the 16gb iPhone.

The iPhone is a great phone and I can see why so many people choose to buy it. However, the phones like HTC Hero area competing with the iPhone and therefore making it a much more compeitive market.

imo the iPhone needs to have some competition and not just a monopoly market with 02, then we will start to see better tariffs in the way of more minutes and text for your £.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You might see better tariffs, but the phone cost will not change.

Good choice on the hero, its very good.

dk

911 GTS Cab
just got my pac code through, thank god.

some people are now being denied them, phoning up cus service and they say they didn't cancel and because of the turnaround now can't get their pac, others just haven't got it after a week.

one guy cancelled yesterday and they were sending him his pac, this morning they rang him to say they had changed their minds and they aren't now lol.

phoned up monday, got it today, never did have a problem with orange customer services myself.

02 Clio Extreme
Just read through these 16pages and now feeling slightly confused.

Basically Im paying £35p/m for a 24month contract that ends in 14months time:
750mins, unlimited texts, evening and weekend internet browsing.

I dont go over 750mins per month but always have a hefty bill because of internet browsing, its seems to charge me everytime i go on there, even in the evenings and on weekends.

What are my options? I do fancy a new phone, after all the tocco is crap!

Black 197
Just read through these 16pages and now feeling slightly confused.

Basically Im paying £35p/m for a 24month contract that ends in 14months time:
750mins, unlimited texts, evening and weekend internet browsing.

I dont go over 750mins per month but always have a hefty bill because of internet browsing, its seems to charge me everytime i go on there, even in the evenings and on weekends.

What are my options? I do fancy a new phone, after all the tocco is crap!

O2...

45 notes a month... 1200 mins... 500 texts.. free unlimited internet.. job done ;)

Black 197
but thats paying an extra tenner?

i thought the aim was to decrease monthly bill, not increase it :p haha

Oops my bad !

But that extra tenner you pay on the contract means you wont go over your monthly contract thus saving you money - that is if you go over your allowance much ?

a burnt one
just got my pac code through, thank god.

some people are now being denied them, phoning up cus service and they say they didn't cancel and because of the turnaround now can't get their pac, others just haven't got it after a week.

one guy cancelled yesterday and they were sending him his pac, this morning they rang him to say they had changed their minds and they aren't now lol.

phoned up monday, got it today, never did have a problem with orange customer services myself.

so are they not allowing them to cancel now or just refusing to give PAC codes? If they promised me mine then said after I had bought my iPhone that I wasn't getting to cancel I'd be seriously hacked off.

No you dont, but you did bang on about how good the C905 was.
Oh... It is when it works?

And lower screen res? No. Nokia 5800 - 640×360 v iphone - 480×320
AD2P yes.

Copy and paste is a bigger innovation than most realise, you can copy anything, not just text.

What phone do you have now? i'll spend several minutes ripping it.5800 though not by choice. Cool make it a good ripping though!!!

Didn't see this yesterday. <3

02 Clio Extreme
I have just been on the phone to Orange...

Apparently they are no longer going to increase the charges, therefore no longer will be breaching our contracts.

Thought I should let you know :)

M140i
Iphone sheep reporting for duty :) Couldn't help myself but get a shiny new 16GB S in black. Happy days, cheers for the thread :) :) :)

SLK250 CDI
So they're gonna creep the price up a small amount at a time so that no one has the option to opt out?

Oh well, I'll re-new, best deal available with Orange due to being a customer since time began. Would like an I-phone, but don't want O2's sh1tty contracts.

The way that they've done it before is to either:

1) Look at when they have the least percentage of their customer base 'in-contract' and then increase it - less possible number of people to cancel and walk.

2) Apply the changes to people taking out new contracts/upgrades (i.e. refresh all their priceplans) - but everyone on the old legacy plans can keep the existing charges until they are enticed/manipulated/forced onto one of the new ones.

Corporate strategy have obviously got involved... :)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
The way that they've done it before is to either:

1) Look at when they have the least percentage of their customer base 'in-contract' and then increase it - less possible number of people to cancel and walk.

2) Apply the changes to people taking out new contracts/upgrades (i.e. refresh all their priceplans) - but everyone on the old legacy plans can keep the existing charges until they are enticed/manipulated/forced onto one of the new ones.

Corporate strategy have obviously got involved... :)

I'll ask when I re-new if there will be any changes to my plan then. That reminds me, I best give them a ring today and see what they have to say.

a burnt one
Just recieved a text from Orange (on my number which is now o2)

'Hi from Orange. Sorry you're leaving us due to our price changes from Sept. We're no longer making these changesd & would love you to stay, call 150 and select option 4 to talk to us.'

I hope they aint gonna harass me forever.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Haha that's quality. Bless em. They must have realised how much money they was losing and reverted the T&Cs back again.

Just recieved a text from Orange (on my number which is now o2)

'Hi from Orange. Sorry you're leaving us due to our price changes from Sept. We're no longer making these changesd & would love you to stay, call 150 and select option 4 to talk to us.'

I hope they aint gonna harass me forever.

i had one of them aswell.
thanks to this thread i am loving my htc hero :D it has everything the iphone has. (the war has ended lets not start it again) and good looking,
i had my number ported to 3 then back to orange as PAYG so im 100% out of the contract now, got my final bill due next week.