ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange mobile users

dk

911 GTS Cab
i'm now hearing that orange might get the iphone in october, the only reason i am leaving orange is to get the phone so now wondering whether i should have just ridden out my contract and seen if orange get it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I will be making the call in the morning.

Got three contracts to end so should be an interesting experience!

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
When did you cancel out of interest?

I rang 7pm thurs evening last week, therefore expecting 1st class post it should be here tomorrow. Going to ring if not and get it over the phone.

was thursday about 10am still nothing in the post, the woman said it takes 3 working days so hopefully is here tomorrow :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So what h'actually happens when I cancel then. I need to keep the same numbers as they are all business numbers.

How soon can I use the new phones from the new contract/providers?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
If your sticking with orange they send you a pay as you go sim which you register then take down to the local store. Then they deal with it.

If you wanna change they'll just send. Pac code in the post and you hand it over to whoever you change too.

I was cancelled and redone with new phone etc within 2 days.

Clio DCi 65
After reading couple things on the internet Orange are a LOT more accepting now.

I phoned earlier and was given a load of s**t from one of the advisors...Just called back through and was polite to the guy asking if it was busy etc. Cancelled my brother's contract for him no problems at all.

That's me and 2 bro's done, and doing my mates tomorrow...£200 Quidco, shazam!

dk

911 GTS Cab
hmmm, only issue now is actually getting hold of an iphone, the online store is empty....

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i'm now hearing that orange might get the iphone in october, the only reason i am leaving orange is to get the phone so now wondering whether i should have just ridden out my contract and seen if orange get it.

yup strong rumours!! Thats why i have stayed, ive never had a problem with Orange tbh

dk

911 GTS Cab
pretty much all apple stores have stock, and most less busy o2 stores do.
so you can sign up to o2 in the apple store?

hopefully get my pac on friday so i can sort it out saturday, got an o2 store in my town but its tiny so i don't hold much hope and would prefer not to go through cpw

a burnt one
i was under the impression you had to give the pac code at the time of purchase and couldn't do it once you have registered the iphone with itunes as the number is then set rather than being temporary?

i'm now waiting for mine so i can get one.

When you request a PAC code you have 30 day's in which to use it, i cancelled mine on Friday and requested a PAC code at the same time, then went straight out and got an iPhone, a letter has just arrived from Orange begging me to stay but also giving me the PAC code, i promptly phoned O2 who have a special line for iPhone users, (upper class now doooooont you knoooow) gave them my code and the transfer will go through on Thursday between 10am and 6pm, this i am not impressed with.

When i left O2 to go to orange i gave them the code then they told me to switch the handset off between 8 and 9 am then..shazaaam. new phone same number.

a burnt one
so you can sign up to o2 in the apple store?

hopefully get my pac on friday so i can sort it out saturday, got an o2 store in my town but its tiny so i don't hold much hope and would prefer not to go through cpw

Just get the phone without PAC code, it'l give you time to set it all up, sync it with pc/mac and get all your tunes and vids on, itl take days for them to transfer number.

Although i believe if you buy one instore and have the code they can do it there and then, i couldn't wait though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
When you request a PAC code you have 30 day's in which to use it, i cancelled mine on Friday and requested a PAC code at the same time, then went straight out and got an iPhone, a letter has just arrived from Orange begging me to stay but also giving me the PAC code, i promptly phoned O2 who have a special line for iPhone users, (upper class now doooooont you knoooow) gave them my code and the transfer will go through on Thursday between 10am and 6pm, this i am not impressed with.

When i left O2 to go to orange i gave them the code then they told me to switch the handset off between 8 and 9 am then..shazaaam. new phone same number.
ah ok, its just that i had read that you needed to give the pac at point of sale for iphone and before its registered on itunes?

I'll try and sort one asap then.

LOL...dont panic sweetie, Orange WILL be carrying the 3GS within the next 6 months and thats from a good friend who works for mac user magazine ;)

LOL! Panic why exactly?

Even if they are, your mate won't have a clue. Apple don't tell anyone what the plans are. Let alone journalists.

ST
Sorry you took that the wrong way, basically i was getting at this whole big deal people seem to have about the iPhone going to other networks, in the states and various other countries its avails on t-mobile and the likes.

Yeh, It's on T-Mobile in Germany and Orange in France.

Makes no difference to me. I only went to Orange from O2 as they were first to do unlimted text plans and had the orange number unlimited call thing.

O2 is much better signal for me.

I hope it does get spread about, it will mean O2 have to sort the contracts out as they'll all be fighting with each other.

Still not sure they'll all be getting the 3Gs tho ;)

None
Ok i need some help

Phoned them up again today and they still refuse to cancel my contract because i dont ring certain numbers or go over my minutes, i explained that its my choice, but still they said they cant do anything, they offered me more minutes but still wont cancel anyone help me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_law

Tell them your g/f is going to Uni and you'll spend a lot of time on the phone in a few weeks.

They have changed the terms on your contract. You are legally entitled to cancel. Theyve got a lot tougher now, but you're still within your rights to cancel.

Also, they now charge for the first minute regardless of how long you spend on the phone. Tell them you're not happy about that. If you call me for 59 seconds, it costs 15p. If you call me for 1 second, it still costs 15p.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
As revels said go at it another way or keep ringing some of them are stubborn c***s.

But the bottom line is they defaulted on the T&C so you have a right to cancel.

None
well the dirty deed is done, i've become an isheep

That made me lol

but yeah i think im just going to stay on the phone till they cancel, ive spoke to acas or something crazy who are sending me something out to right a letter to orange complaining, and if nothing done then i can apprently take them to court. Dont really want to have to go to all that though

Just had one put the phone down on me really taking the piss out of me now

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I called them today and he was one tough fucker!! Would not back down.

Basically, they wouldn't end the contract so I said I was going to seek legal advice...

He ended up giving me unlimited texts, 2200 minutes, 3 handsets all for £115 per month. BINGO!

So, cheers to all that have offered me advice in this thread, you've saved me over £120 per month! :D

X

Nissan 350z
Ok i need some help

Phoned them up again today and they still refuse to cancel my contract because i dont ring certain numbers

So phone one of those certain numbers to prove them wrong. A compatition line is normally a good one and who knows you may win. I normally take part in Fives Gadget Show compatition from time to time :)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
That made me lol

but yeah i think im just going to stay on the phone till they cancel, ive spoke to acas or something crazy who are sending me something out to right a letter to orange complaining, and if nothing done then i can apprently take them to court. Dont really want to have to go to all that though

Just had one put the phone down on me really taking the piss out of me now

Defo keep on it mate. There jsut playing hard ball so people give up.

They've still defaulted the T&C its your right to change. As said ring an 08 No and then say check again.

172 Cup
Well after not receiving my PAC code since thurs I rang orange.

He sent my PAC code via a text msg - took 2mins..

Might jump on the iPhone bandwagon this month.

CSX

172 CUP!
Well after not receiving my PAC code since thurs I rang orange.

He sent my PAC code via a text msg - took 2mins..

Might jump on the iPhone bandwagon this month.

What did you say? That you cancelled last thursday but still not received your PAC code? Worried ill call up and they'll refuse to give it to me :( Wondered if the guy even logged it... :(

Thanks!

thanks to this thread i got one of these in the post :D:D:D
Hero.jpg

Clio DCi 65
N97 battery lasted me from 9 until 5 and battery came on, sure i was fiddling away with it but it was fully charged. Can't be dealing with phones with crap battery!

Back the original Armani for myself I'm thinking! £50-60 on Ebay and they're pretty rare and about the same size as a credit card!

Clio DCi 65
I dunno TBH,

Moving back to my parents on the 23rd so not to sure, my car's in a state at the moment, someone broke into it outside my flat in Cathays and nicked my £400 Kenwood DVD system and I can't fit my front alloys as i don't know what studs I need to buy for my 25mm spacers!

172 Cup
What did you say? That you cancelled last thursday but still not received your PAC code? Worried ill call up and they'll refuse to give it to me :( Wondered if the guy even logged it... :(

Thanks!

Hey mate, just said I rang up and cancelled last thurs how long can I expect my pac code to come as I need it.

He said let me check.... then he said its on the system i'll send it over in a text message for you, Simples.

172 Cup
dajones what network did you go for with the HTC Hero? I've only ever used 02/orange and a bit skeptical about going over to t-mobile.