ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange mobile users

dk

911 GTS Cab
thanks to this thread i got one of these in the post :D:D:D
Hero.jpg
is that one of those fake iphone copies? ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
what makes me laugh about all this contract cancelling is that no-one is actually doing it because the prices are going up, as if you went over your minutes that often you would just increase your tarif, plus, all the other networks have already done this so if you move you are getting the same charges as the new orange ones anyway.

That thread on moneysavingexperts i posted at the beginning of this thread, there are people going mental because orange won't let them cancel because they haven't gone over their minutes as they have 1000 minutes and use about 30 a month.

Orange can see that people are just trying to get out of a 24 month contract when they are only 3 months into it and want to blag a free phone basically, so i can see why they are digging their heals in for some people.

But those people are complaining that orange won't let them cancel, well tough s**t, the charges aren't goign to affect you, you are just trying to take advantage of the loophole and it didn't work for you, get over it.

The only reason i left 2 months early was to get an iphone and an o2 contract ready for when i mov into my new flat to get their BB too.

I just don't understand the people who get upset because they can't take advantage of a loophole, calling up ofcom and getting ref. numbers, there are some sad people out there, the charges will only affect them if they move network, they are just doing it to get a new phone, simples.

rant over.

A4 Avant
End of the day though Dave, Orange have broken the contract and you are legally entitled to leave even if it doesn't actually affect you.

is that one of those fake iphone copies? ;)

Lol, like anyone would copy the iphone. Who'd want to copy a phone that's as wide as america, rubbish camera, looks fucked after a days use (but that's fine), and you cannot even buy a replacement battery (when the maximum of a days use reduces to a few hours).

iAren't sure anyone would want to copy it.

Can I just confirm, the new charges will only effect you outside of your call plan? This new 15p for connecting the call will just come out of free minutes?

what makes me laugh about all this contract cancelling is that no-one is actually doing it because the prices are going up, as if you went over your minutes that often you would just increase your tarif, plus, all the other networks have already done this so if you move you are getting the same charges as the new orange ones anyway.

That thread on moneysavingexperts i posted at the beginning of this thread, there are people going mental because orange won't let them cancel because they haven't gone over their minutes as they have 1000 minutes and use about 30 a month.

Orange can see that people are just trying to get out of a 24 month contract when they are only 3 months into it and want to blag a free phone basically, so i can see why they are digging their heals in for some people.

But those people are complaining that orange won't let them cancel, well tough s**t, the charges aren't goign to affect you, you are just trying to take advantage of the loophole and it didn't work for you, get over it.

The only reason i left 2 months early was to get an iphone and an o2 contract ready for when i mov into my new flat to get their BB too.

I just don't understand the people who get upset because they can't take advantage of a loophole, calling up ofcom and getting ref. numbers, there are some sad people out there, the charges will only affect them if they move network, they are just doing it to get a new phone, simples.

rant over.

So exactly what you've done?

If using this "loophole" is so terrible, why didn't you pay your contract off?

They've changed the terms and conditions of a contract. You are entitled to cancel. They can call it what they like, but thats how it is.

Fudgey, it will just come out of your minutes until you run out.

Clio DCi 65
Orange have now changed their t+c's so people won't be able to do this anymore.

They're cancelling the changes on contracts already running, any people who have cancelled already are free to go, but any further attempts will be declined as they've cancelled the changes on contracts running at the moment.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
LOL hardly a rant dk. You can say this now becuase your out.

If you were one of the few people on here who now have to phone ofcom etc your going to feel hard done by because you feel left out.

I go over it minutes a fair bit tbh so I'm glad.... But tbh the only reason I did it is because I'm skint and I wanted. A £100 for my old phone/get a new one.

It's a complete bonus that for the same price I now get 600extra mins and unlim net lol gutted for others but win win for me.

They're cancelling the changes on contracts already running, any people who have cancelled already are free to go, but any further attempts will be declined as they've cancelled the changes on contracts running at the moment.

I wonder how many people actually cancelled. Hundreds, thousands? Good news though.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

Haha they took there time. Wonder how many they lost in terms of leaving for another network.

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
How long have the increased charges been running? - because ive been ringing 0870 numbers this week (DVLA) and presumably been charged more?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
That's good going.

I really need to get on this quidco business. No idea what it is though.

PM with a quick run down ;)...or link me to a thread. I'm lazy.

dk

911 GTS Cab
So exactly what you've done?

If using this "loophole" is so terrible, why didn't you pay your contract off?

They've changed the terms and conditions of a contract. You are entitled to cancel. They can call it what they like, but thats how it is.

Fudgey, it will just come out of your minutes until you run out.
not exactly what i've done as i went over my minutes the last 3 months, hence why it was so easy for me to cancel, my phone usage has gone up (i only had a 150 min contract) and so it was costing me more each month.
I didn't leave orange to make a buck out of a phone, i was less than 2 months from leaving anyway as i wanted an iphone so this was just to get me out a month early (i can request my pac code in the last month anyway) and get my o2 contract up and running so i can take the BB when i move in.

So my circumstances are a little different to the people cancelling a 24 month contract after 3 months who never will go over their minutes as they have so many.

I've not got a problem with them doing it, its their right at the end of the day some people would argue (and yes i know, the law too) but its the ones who are trying to make a fast buck and can't but then moan like a babbyass because they can't that do my head in.

They are only in it to make a quick buck.

Apparently the reason they started gettig so hardline is not because of people cancelling, it's because the same people we're then calling back to get a new Orange phone! lol..

dk

911 GTS Cab
How long have the increased charges been running? - because ive been ringing 0870 numbers this week (DVLA) and presumably been charged more?
don't start until the middle of september, but unless you are on for less than a minute it won't affect you anyway, its only the minumum call charge thats changing.

And in fact, when the minimum rate goes up, the price per minute goes down so people who stay on for longer than a minute to those numbers will actually be better off!!!!

not that it matters now as it seems orange have stuck two fingers up to the people who were trying it on;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Apparently the reason they started gettig so hardline is not because of people cancelling, it's because the same people we're then calling back to get a new Orange phone! lol..
yeah, thats the stupid thing

f**ktards!!! lmao! :D

"I want to cancel because it's not fair you're charging me x amount for these calls."

"Oh hai there I would like a new contract - and yes I am now happy to pay x amount for those calls."

Clio DCi 65
www.quidco.com

Basically, you just click onto their website, type in the shop your about to buy something from, if it's on their it will give you a link from Quidco to the site you want to buy from. Then after your sale goes through, they send the % or £ that Quidco said they would give you to your account.

Then you cash out to your bank.

They take a fiver annually from your earnings, there's no other charges or anything like that.

I could never really be bothered with it before, but I've made a good £500+ including this Orange stuff this year. Free money TBH,

If you get stuck man, drop me a PM.

Dameon

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

LOL that's what I did by through P4U. I are cleverer see.

Although I told the lad on the phone I wanted too but he wasn't arsed just said I'll send you a pay&go sim with your No on to take to the orange store or the like.

I go the cinema alot and I'm skint so I need orange Wednesday tbh.

don't start until the middle of september, but unless you are on for less than a minute it won't affect you anyway, its only the minumum call charge thats changing.

Yeh, but imagine when you hit someones voicemail. I rarely leaves messages but that would cost 15p just to hear "Welcome to.."

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeh, but imagine when you hit someones voicemail. I rarely leaves messages but that would cost 15p just to hear "Welcome to.."
again, its only outside of your minutes though.

like i said, if you regularly go over, orange will recommend a new plan on their best plan text every few months so wouldn't really be a problem. Upping your tarif would be cheaer than paying extra each month.

dk

911 GTS Cab
www.quidco.com

Basically, you just click onto their website, type in the shop your about to buy something from, if it's on their it will give you a link from Quidco to the site you want to buy from. Then after your sale goes through, they send the % or £ that Quidco said they would give you to your account.

Then you cash out to your bank.

They take a fiver annually from your earnings, there's no other charges or anything like that.

I could never really be bothered with it before, but I've made a good £500+ including this Orange stuff this year. Free money TBH,

If you get stuck man, drop me a PM.

Dameon
i was gonna use quidco for my iphone but you can't get them online at the moment so had to use a dirty stinking real life shop, wasa horrible experience and cost me more but i just couldn't wait lol

is it going over the minutes though? i got out of my contract and i didnt get anywhere near the end of my minutes though

oh and sod getting a iphone for £80 then having to pay so and so each month!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Can someone summarise the changes that are going to be made to Orange for me please, or link me to some where that does.

I'm out of contract and about to re-new, so want to know what the deal is going to be before I do.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Can someone summarise the changes that are going to be made to Orange for me please, or link me to some where that does.

I'm out of contract and about to re-new, so want to know what the deal is going to be before I do.
its mentioned in this thread a few times, only affects out of bundle minutes (so when you go over your minutes and when making 08 calls)

basically they are lowering the priice of these calls but at the same time making the minimum call charge 1 minute (15p) instead of the 5p it is at the moment.

so nothing to worry about at all and all networks are the same now, orange were the last to make this change.

dk

911 GTS Cab
erm, yeah, thats generally how phone contracts work, you only get a free phone if its s**t or you get a 24 month contract or a high monthly bundle.

iphone is so much more than a normal phone though, so its worth it

FYI, for those who have requested a PAC code... your Orange contract will only be cancelled when you use the PAC code. If you don't use it, your contract will not be cancelled.

erm, yeah, thats generally how phone contracts work, you only get a free phone if its s**t or you get a 24 month contract or a high monthly bundle.

iphone is so much more than a normal phone though, so its worth it

Most phones are free. The iphone does nothing special dk and nothing that most other phones cannot do. The phone is only popular as people are told it's the "thing" to have at the moment, and therefore get ripped off getting it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Most phones are free. The iphone does nothing special dk and nothing that most other phones cannot do. The phone is only popular as people are told it's the "thing" to have at the moment, and therefore get ripped off getting it.
negative ghostrider, people justify not buying the iphone by thinking its no better, but why are so many people buying it and paying lots of money for it if its no better than all the 'free' phones?

I have one, its better.

Its a very clever phone, but comes at a price. I think most people are getting ripped off on the iPhone because o2 have the monopoly on the market. Hopefully that will change later this year when Orange get involved!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
The iPhone's tariffs are awfull tbh only reason I've not got one.

Which will hopefully go down when orange et al get then iPhone 3g

No denying there sick though. 2 mates have them and I have an itouch. There mint but I couldn't justify paying that much for a phone at the end of the day.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I have the HTC HD, the HEro is an awesome phone. Only benefit of the Iphone is the Apps really. But ANdroid on the HEro has it iirc.

02's contracts suck big time!!

hit the nail on the head!
but lets not turn this thread into a annoying brand war :approve:

dk

911 GTS Cab
i don't understand what is wrong with o2's tarifs, they are better than oranges!

with orange my bill was pennies under £35, and for that i got 150 mins and 200 texts i beleive, that did include £5 orange care though. My data was terrible, to get usage during the day (the time when i need it) i had to buy a 4mb bundle!!!! as the unlimited bundle was only off peak hours.

With o2 for £35 i am getting 600 mins, 500 texts and truly unlimited data any time of the day. Plus, picture messages come out of my bundle (not something orange do).

Its a much better deal for the same price (i get phone insurance free through my bank so didn't need that now)

negative ghostrider, people justify not buying the iphone by thinking its no better, but why are so many people buying it and paying lots of money for it if its no better than all the 'free' phones?

I have one, its better.

You're wrong. Apple are fcuking good at advertising and promoting a product. That is all. People buy it, because they want to "keep up with the Jones' " so to speak. It's a nice looking phone, but apart from that, it is not worth the price tag and high tariffs.

hit the nail on the head!
but lets not turn this thread into a annoying brand war :approve:

I'm not trying to, just a bit worrying the amount of brain washing that appears to be going on.