ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange mobile users

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Worth a try mate. I'm stickng with them too but still cancelled LOL.

The guy told me it's due to ofcom making them raise the price to match eveyone else. As 3 and o2 did the same thing a few years ago (which id already read). But he a said people didn't Cotten onto it like this time. He also said most people are staying just gettin new phones/better conts so they havnt lost too many.

182 has now gone!
LOL...they offered to bring my contract down from £50 a month to £29 without much hassle...you must've got some stingy operator on the line LOL ^

Brings my contract down to £25 a month so I dont mind! plus my 10% discount and free insurance....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have 3 business phones, all under one contract.

It was a 24 month contract and has 9 months left to run.

I am having my pants pulled down with the prices and want rid.

I want to get rid althogether and the 3 of us go our seperate ways as we can get some really really good deals at the minute.

Is that something I can do??

ST
I'd think so mate, you're prob like me, never off your phone during the day, i tan my 1200 mins allowance within the first two weeks of the month so i'm always over so its inevitably going to cost me to more to stay with Orange.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I have 3 business phones, all under one contract.

It was a 24 month contract and has 9 months left to run.

I am having my pants pulled down with the prices and want rid.

I want to get rid althogether and the 3 of us go our seperate ways as we can get some really really good deals at the minute.

Is that something I can do??

yes

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I rang the guy to get a replacement phone and i enquired about the new charges and he said do you want to cancel? easy as

172 Cup
2nd attempt and got it cancelled!

Me: Hi i'd like to cancel due to the changes in the new price plan
Him: You havent yet received the text, you will be effected by the change though. Your text is due for 12th Aug but you could ring a couple days before perhaps.
Me: I go on holiday in a week and due to these circumstances would highly appreciate if you could arrange cancellation now, as you have said already that I'm going to be effected.
Him: Bare with me while I check with a TL
Holddddd
Him: Thats fine i'll arrange cancellation now.

Thanks spiezels for saying to keep trying it finally got me there!

Clio 182 cup'd
Same here, cancelled on my second attempt, the woman was very helpful and offered to add extra minutes aswell, but I just went with cancelling

Fiat Panda 100hp
Just called, said that can cancel, but not until the 21st of this month, I wanted it to be with imediate affect. :( She didn't offer much in the way of incentives either, as I'm already on the lowest tariff.. Pretty poor imho.

Not sure how people have blagged immediate effect unless they have goe to PAYG as its meant to be 30days notice still.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I said I wanted that, but the best she could do is 14days and that's without keeping my number.

clio cup 172 fiestazetecs
just called to give it a go never had the text message and only started the contract last month got all added frere insurance and 5 pound of my 24 month bill brining it down to £25 a month from £30 600 mins ulimited text unlimited internet an downloads email sony erricsson W995 £400 phone wicked thanks orange

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
How are folk getting unlimited internet? I was under the impression Orange did no such thing. I'll be kicking up a fuss, and if I don't get it I'll be leaving. 8 years with them and I get s**t all just now.

None
I phoned Wednesday to confirm it will affect me and she said yeah it will affect all users, nice lady to be fair, but i said will i be entitled to cancel then and she said, when you recieve the text

Just going to ring up tomorow, get cancelled
I fancy one of them contracts with the playstation, same price, 6 months less, same phone, but get a playstation extra, cant complain really

JD "Dad, just heard that Orange have breached contract, get a brand new phone and sell the old one on ebay and make a couple of 100 quid!!"

Dad "No, the changes aren't going to affect me. I'll just stay with them."

FFS honest people!

a burnt one
How are folk getting unlimited internet? I was under the impression Orange did no such thing. I'll be kicking up a fuss, and if I don't get it I'll be leaving. 8 years with them and I get s**t all just now.

I have unlimited internet, only took my contract out in April and i left o2 who i had been with for 7 years, biggest mistake i've made in the mobile era, i'll be cancelling with Orange as soon as i get through, and go back to o2 with my tail between my legs.

clio cup 172 fiestazetecs
took me 3 hours haggling with them to get the deal
but unlimited internet woop woop and a wicked phone prob the best without touch screen hate them things

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I have unlimited internet, only took my contract out in April and i left o2 who i had been with for 7 years, biggest mistake i've made in the mobile era, i'll be cancelling with Orange as soon as i get through, and go back to o2 with my tail between my legs.

Why do you think O2 is better out of interest? I can get 30% discount from O2, but tbh I have been more than happy with the service from Orange, I just think I'm not getting value for money compared to others.

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
I want to cancel and get the N97, but i cant find any deals that are as good as what i could get from Orange.

If you take out another contract with them what would the charges be the same as the new 1's?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
JD "Dad, just heard that Orange have breached contract, get a brand new phone and sell the old one on ebay and make a couple of 100 quid!!"

Dad "No, the changes aren't going to affect me. I'll just stay with them."

FFS honest people!

Frustraiting isn't it.

172 Cup
I want to cancel and get the N97, but i cant find any deals that are as good as what i could get from Orange.

If you take out another contract with them what would the charges be the same as the new 1's?

Yes if you took out another contract then you would be charged the new price plan that they have proposed.

I'm also looking at the n97 as we speak, I cant justify the extra £180 for the iPhone plus the fact the tariff is half as good as what I can get. I'm swaying between a n97/iPhone but really unsure what to do yet!

Frustraiting isn't it.

Completely understand where he is coming from, but he could get rid of his phone and get a better one that would save his frustration in the evenings when he can't get his emails, unless he logs on to the laptop!

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
Yes if you took out another contract then you would be charged the new price plan that they have proposed.

I'm also looking at the n97 as we speak, I cant justify the extra £180 for the iPhone plus the fact the tariff is half as good as what I can get. I'm swaying between a n97/iPhone but really unsure what to do yet!

This is why im putting off ringing them as i can't find a good enough deal to sway me away from orange. I have 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet for £35 so i reckon i could get them down to £20-£25 if i tried.

I thought about looking at the iphone but i don't like the idea of the bluetooth not working properly with other phones.

172 Cup
This is why im putting off ringing them as i can't find a good enough deal to sway me away from orange. I have 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet for £35 so i reckon i could get them down to £20-£25 if i tried.

I thought about looking at the iphone but i don't like the idea of the bluetooth not working properly with other phones.

Well i've just posted in the other topic a deal i've found on the N97 if thats what you were interested in.

I've found the Nokia N97 for £35 p/m 18 month contract - 1200mins, unltd texts, unltd internet - orange contract - free phone.

So if I sell my current handset for £60 approx, plus I get £45 cashback through work i'm up by £105 and have a nice new free phone with an even better contract than I had.

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
I looked on the orange website earlier and can't see the n97 on there, yet all the sites like carphone warehouse and phones 4u are advertising it on orange. I think i might just cancel my contract and start fresh maybe go visit an orange shop.

Which Orange tarriff is the 1 you have found?

a burnt one
Why do you think O2 is better out of interest? I can get 30% discount from O2, but tbh I have been more than happy with the service from Orange, I just think I'm not getting value for money compared to others.

The biggest problem is the network coverage, dont know about the UK in general but it's poor where i am, its also expensive, by about £20 more than i was previously.

I cancelled and he asked if i knew about the charges, i said no, basically, they are only charging 10p per call if you go over youre allocated allowance, he told me i have 900 inclusive minutes and in the 4 bills i've had from orange ive used, 6mins, 9mins, 29mins and 31mins of calls, it's safe to say sir the charges will not affect you, i was paying £45 (exc vat) for 900 mins, unltd texts and unltd internet, he was willing to give me, 400 mins and the same texts and internet for £25.

I cancelled though as i have the SE C905 which has been plagued with problems, he asked when i want to cancel and i just any time before end of month, he done it immediately.

But to all those thinking of cancelling and rejoining orange he told me you can only use the pak code to transfer your number to a different provider, if you want to rejoin Orange it will have to be with a different number.

Clio Williams
Not sure how people have blagged immediate effect unless they have goe to PAYG as its meant to be 30days notice still.

i wouldnt have thought so if they have breached contract conditions so normal cancel proceedure would not apply.

i cancelled mine yesterday and the lady on the phone said it would be cancelled as of today. By 8.30am this morning my phone was cut off and my online account has been removed. So totally cancelled

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
well i got my new phone yesterday have to say its a damn cool little phone. just rang up to cancel my old one and a woman was tought as nails she wasnt having any of it i cant cancel ect ect as i didnt go over my mins hung up on the b**ch got through to a lad who just sorted it out in under a min no argueing lol

Nissan 350z
Just phoned and canceled.

Went alittle like:

"Hello how can i help?"
"Hi i recieved a text message from Orange about call charge increase, im not happy about it"
"Ok well it means ..... <insert conditions>..... and we can offer you an additional 200mins per month on your bill"
"No i wish to cancel please im not happy about price increases and i dont want to find myself in the same situation down the line with another increase"
"No problem sir"
"Can i also request a PAC please"
<1min pause while she types away>
"Ok thats all done and your PAC is in the post. As you have just paid your direct debit you have until 6th Sept"
"Thanks"

Sorted. Time to go phone shopping, im thinking Samsung Tocco Ultra? :)

ive just got out of mine! but i had 2 contracts but didnt use the "new one" (was cheaper than buying the phone outright) but as i didnt use the new one they wouldnt cancel it but im happy :)

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
orange must be loosing load sof customers most the people on my facebook have said they have done the same, but mot have gone back to them on another phone and same contract lol

a burnt one
I'm posting on my new iPhone rob h is a ledge for this thread this morning I was in the dark ages now I'm on iPhone when I work out how to use commas and the phone itself itl be happy days

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Havnt read through this thread to see if its happened anyone else but the missus rang up and wanted to cancel but they said she wasnt entitled due to her not going over her free mins this past 3 months, bullsh1t or what ? Has this happened to anyone else and what do you do/say to get out of it ?

Fiat Panda 100hp
Havnt read through this thread to see if its happened anyone else but the missus rang up and wanted to cancel but they said she wasnt entitled due to her not going over her free mins this past 3 months, bullsh1t or what ? Has this happened to anyone else and what do you do/say to get out of it ?

Doesn't matter mate. Just say your not happy with the changes and you want to leave. They will disconnect you then.

a burnt one

Read post 151 mate, i never went over mine in 4 months, not by a long long way.

Doesn't matter, it's still a breach of contract, think of all those times you wanted to upgrade but couldn't cancel because you had signed a 'contract' they wanted silly money to end it early, yet they seem to think that they can change the terms of the contract willy nilly.

A sensible person would have left the usage charges as they were for customers under contract and only applied them to new customers, its worrying that at times like this when all businesses are struggling for money (obviously not mobile ones who have been ripping us off since the invention of the things) can afford to pay for so many customers to have £200 - £300 handsets effectively free and loose business at the same time.

In terms of business sense thats up there with the chocolate fireguard in my opinion.