ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange mobile users

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
right got the deal id have unlimited txts blackberry 600 mins 35 a month. now if i cancel my phone now ill still be able to use it for a couple days?

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
right he offerd me some deals and asked about how long itlkl take to cancel he said tomorrow so im gonna take a new contract out today when this guy phones back then when i get the phone cancel my current one, does that sound ok?

just dont want to be cocking up or be without a phone?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
For anyone interested... I just cancelled and just ordered the N97.

Nokia N97 - £35/month, 18 Month Contract

1200 Mins, Unlimited Texts, Magic Number, 500Mb Mobile Data.

Also Quidco of £50

Click the below link, sign up if you haven't already and then you will recieve £50 into your account after the sims been live for 2 months.

http://www.quidco.com/dial-a-phone/

So you've cancelled your orange contract and opening up another one?

How are you keeping your number pac code takes 5 days in the post. Do you wait for pac code to come before you register new simwith orange or something? :S

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
my current contract 6 months but had one before that that was for 18 months got to upgrade time and just went onto another contract.

ST
Cool i've been with orange over 4 years but renewed at the end of feb this year...

Did you jus ring up and say you wanted to leave and they started offering you deals to stay?

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
yeah just mention you was thinking of leaving and they give you crap about it actualy working out cheaper if they dont just ask if they cant hang up and try again

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
can you pac transfer to orange PAYG then monthly? if not.. then ha ha

Revels Mum & Sister
If you have taken a Handset out through a third party i.e Dialaphone can they charge you for the handset or anything like that?

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
can you pac transfer to orange PAYG then monthly? if not.. then ha ha

why haha? i aint botherd about a new number not hard to let your freinds know you have a new number i aint learnt the one ive had for the last couple years so no loss.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
why haha? i aint botherd about a new number not hard to let your freinds know you have a new number i aint learnt the one ive had for the last couple years so no loss.

FAir enough, i have had my number for 8years iirc. Bit of a pain to change it

Im not gonig to cancel to sell my phone/start up a new contract like some people are. The phone I got with my contract broke ages ago so I am using one form 1999 anyway. But what I do want, which seems the best thing to do, is to ring and moan about these changes so that I can get a lower tarrif. Im sure I pay too much anyway and would get better as a new customer.

Or I could just cancel now, and then start a new one and get a free TV,Xbox or whatever some companies offer and get a new phone too and do it that way... oh the choices!

Clio 200
Right, thought id add my experience. Just spoke to disconnections, nice chap in all fairness, and he was more than willing to cancel my contract from midnight tonight or longer if wanted the PAC code. However, he said 'please be aware that cancelling the contract may hinder your credit rating'! Now, is this just scare tactics or is there some truth behind this?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Right, thought id add my experience. Just spoke to disconnections, nice chap in all fairness, and he was more than willing to cancel my contract from midnight tonight or longer if wanted the PAC code. However, he said 'please be aware that cancelling the contract may hinder your credit rating'! Now, is this just scare tactics or is there some truth behind this?

Scare tactics mate IMO they broke the contract not you .

Did he offer you a lower tariff cost?

Anyone know if there is any way to get out of it if you signed up after june, surely there breaking the terms of my contract also???

No.

I started a contract with them in June and in the T+C's it said that calls were that price, I never knew they were 5p per minute.

Not an issue for me as I have 1200 minutes and I'll never go over it, for 0870 etc I use the landline.

Clio 200
Did he offer you a lower tariff cost?

No he didnt but he has just rang me back & offered to change my blackberry internet package to unlimited useage for a cheaper price a month and £10 off next bill. In all fairness I had a really good package with them and have been with them for 6years so im fairly happy with that!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
i dont go over my mins so i'm gonna try get them to lower the tariff i think.

Will it be for the remainder of the contract or just next months bill though

ST
Done...jus off the phone to Orange, guy was really helpful, no offer off handset upgrade but offered to lower my tariff etc but no new handset...so basically my orange contract finishes on the 5th of Sept 09, not bad considering i'll make some coin off my current N85 and i've now got the choice of iPhone or N97...hmm's..

Phoned up (After reading this + Moneysavingexpert) made the mistake of saying I was happy with orange in every other way (Which I am). He added 200 minutes on (Now 400) and took of £10 every month with means i now have:

400 mins + Unlimited Text
Unlimited Blackberry internet + E-mail
Blackberry Curve 8900
For £15 a month

And I renewed only 3/4 months ago :-D

Happy with that!

Sy

A4 Avant
I'm going to cancel, just need to wait to be able to get a PAC code as i've had my number for about 12 years now and want to keep it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Orange are putting up the prices of calls for people on contracts from September the 1st!

http://www.bitterwallet.com/orange-increase-charges-can-you-cancel-your-orange-contract/15723

If you want out you can cancel your contract now free of charge and keep your phone and any freebies you had.

You can also transfer your number to a pay as you go sim if you wanted

Calls going up form 5p a min to 15p a minute
not strictly true, calls are not 5p a min at the moment.

Whats changing is the minimum call cost for out of bundle mins.
So before you were charged a min of 5p for a 1second call to a number, from the 14th sept its going to be a minimum charge of 14.7p or something.

And in the T&C's it states that if orange raise the price of products by more than some average price determined by some governing body then you have the right ti end your contract without penalty.

And as the price is going up by some 300% thats way too high so thats why you can cancel.

Orange have sent text messages out to people who regularly go over their minutes, and not to people who don't.

So they ask if you received the text about this (even though they know you did or didn't) but the new T&C's are now on their website as of yesterday so you can now say you have seen it on there as a reference.

As long as you signed your contract up before yesterday you can claim it is affecting you as the orange T&C's on the website were listing 5p minimum call cost until yesterday.

It is also in the T&C's that the phone you get is separate to the contract you sign and as such you are not required to return it, even if they ask for it.

If you don't get your pac code the account is cancelled straight away, if you do order it the account is only cancelled when you have ported the number to the new network.

Not sure about returning handsets to a 2rd party i.e. phones4u, guess you still signed an orange contract so abide by those rules.

very useful (if long) thread is here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1825687&page=41

ST
I'm going to cancel, just need to wait to be able to get a PAC code as i've had my number for about 12 years now and want to keep it.

You could cancel today mate, will take 30 days to come into effect anyway, i requested my PAC code, it'll be out in the post in the next 3-5 working days, means you can go get a new phone and when you get your new phone you can jus port the number to your new provider..on another note i think i'd be a good idea for me to stick wi a new number LOL..

Wow, got a free lap top only 4.5 months ago as well, still got another 13.5 months to run, sending me my pac code and when I transfer to another network I get disconnected.......iphone here I come!

Now looking at iphones, whats the difference between 3g and 3gs, carphonewarehouse charge more money for the s but you can download the s software free from Apple.......I think?

A4 Avant
You could cancel today mate, will take 30 days to come into effect anyway, i requested my PAC code, it'll be out in the post in the next 3-5 working days, means you can go get a new phone and when you get your new phone you can jus port the number to your new provider..on another note i think i'd be a good idea for me to stick wi a new number LOL..

I phoned twice earlier and they couldn't access the system to help, guy I just spoke to has sorted it though and PAC code is on it's way. All 3 were very helpful and offered reduced traiffs but I'm using a 3 year old phone at the moment as the one I had is totally knackered after only 12 months use.

I wish 12 month contracts were more popular as I'm yet to have a phone out last this period.

Just need to decide between a 3g and 3gs.

Now looking at iphones, whats the difference between 3g and 3gs, carphonewarehouse charge more money for the s but you can download the s software free from Apple.......I think?

Thats my problem, only difference I can see is slightly quicker, more storage and video capture.

Clio 182 cup'd
Has anyone cancelled who has other Orange services?

Ive curently got a broadband dongle (that I dont use) and I also receive my home broadband from Orange.

I'm very happy with the home broadband (£4.70 a month!!) but would quite happily cancel everything else

Civic Vtec y0
So can I phone today and cancel, keep my Orange number with Orange for the next 30 days then port the number to my new phone so that I am not without my number for days?

dk

911 GTS Cab
So can I phone today and cancel, keep my Orange number with Orange for the next 30 days then port the number to my new phone so that I am not without my number for days?
if going for an iphone i believe the pac code transfer needs to be done at the time of purchase, something about registering it on itunes.

Nissan 350z
Damn. As much as i would love to do this i need to be on Orange for the Magic Number feature otherwise i would be paying through the nose for calls to my GF. Argh.

182 has now gone!
Cool... Just called them, I never go over my minutes anyway. They are giving me a £5 discount per month on top of my 10% loyalty discount.

ST
LOL...they offered to bring my contract down from £50 a month to £29 without much hassle...you must've got some stingy operator on the line LOL ^