ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EE New 4G mobile WiFi ?

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I'd share this one with you all...

Last week I phoned orange/EE/t-mobile whatever it is called now days as I wanted to ask them about my contract. Whilst on the phone the guy started talking about this new offer they have atm. He explained it is basically a mobile wifi device that you connect your laptops/phones/iPads etc to, just like your home wifi and you get 4G wherever you go. First thing I asked was how much, he replied saying its completely free, we send the device to you, you trial it for 1month then return it by Free post then decide if you'd like to take up a contract.

Stupidly - i agreed BUT about 4 times I asked him to confirm there would be no charge for anything at all ...he confirmed.

i finally receive the bloody thing today, get home to find a bill from EE from £100 due this friday!!

Been on the phone for over 1 hour now trying to get it sorted.

​So yeah, anyone have any experience with these things?

The device should have been free so it'll simply be a re-credit that should get actioned instantly when you speak to someone with any common sense. In terms of returning it you will actually need to call up and cancel rather than just sending it back and then deciding if you want to keep it. You have agreed to a 24 month contract with the option to cancel within the first month.

​Some of the sales practices in EE are a f**king joke.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
The device should have been free so it'll simply be a re-credit that should get actioned instantly when you speak to someone with any common sense. In terms of returning it you will actually need to call up and cancel rather than just sending it back and then deciding if you want to keep it. You have agreed to a 24 month contract with the option to cancel within the first month. ​Some of the sales practices in EE are a f**king joke.

thanks for that mate, when I finally get through ill hopefully get it sorted ...I guess it's my own fault really - I should have known there would be a catch

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You do realise that if you have a smartphone it'll do exactly the same thing as this don't you?

This TBH,

However in Germany I've just bought a similar thing, it's big though, like the size of a wifi router, it uses the 3G signal and I get a 10GB usage limit on it, as i'm not able to get a phone line.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Well I live out in the sticks pretty much and the internet is shite out here so I thought getting something like this would be good for my iPad and stuff ...I have a HTC one X not sure if that is 4G is it? Even if it is, I wouldn't be able to connect my iPad to my HTC for a 4G connection would I?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
You could with wireless tethering, but if you live in the sticks, your not going to get a 4G signal anyway. So its all pointless whichever way you go.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Oh I see, fair enough ill just have to put up with the internet I have.

The 4G device is going back anyway, I don't want the hassle with it. The guy from EE explained it completely different from what it actually is and does! Won't be listening to them again!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If you live out in the sticks how do you expect to get 4G?