ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange Clio with white Rota's

I've had these photos on my phone for ages now but I've only just got around to sorting them out.

I'd recently cleaned the car and managed to finish work early so I thought I'd go out and try to get some nice photos while the sun was still out.

Please note, I've removed the mudflaps since the photos! ;)

First Location -

14135803687_ba591fdedb_c.jpg

14299130886_be65da9f94_c.jpg

14135668737_b6b42f0482_c.jpg

14135460758_24dd108f56_c.jpg

14135458110_0940c6ed40_c.jpg

14135387160_578f15a01e_c.jpg

14135403017_ab436710c4_c.jpg

14135257500_1bc8847c1e_c.jpg

14321796005_738dddbca1_c.jpg

14319924722_c2a38bcd75_c.jpg

14374492244_07c3df0233_c.jpg

While taking the photo's I had a nice chat with a couple of lads wearing tracksuits and drinking Stella.
(I was actually a little worried I was about to have my car stolen!)

Anyway, apparently one of them had a silver 172 which he got mapped to 220bhp but the torque steer had become so violent he managed to bin it into a ditch while cornering and wrote it off!

Good talk guys, I'll be going now!

2nd Location -

Sorry a lot of these photos are similar, I was running out of light at this point so just took a lot while I still could.

14189959788_7a680a30f4_c.jpg

14373190411_f50a7c5ab9_c.jpg

14375534474_c4d62ee835_c.jpg

14189782699_853924bbef_c.jpg

14189720459_48fc4085c1_c.jpg

14353225916_b5c3e553d5_c.jpg

14189696550_1f79a50bf9_c.jpg

14353115656_4db292673b_c.jpg

14189584440_a0f83b0337_c.jpg

14189649207_d135b7c777_c.jpg

14396186663_d3dcf1230f_c.jpg

14189508567_3a10b5c83b_c.jpg

14372571101_21ce252516_c.jpg

14396018213_c924fdcf83_c.jpg

14374344592_832cf09ee9_c.jpg

14189302967_7d03de75f5_c.jpg

14372350581_fdb8f8bce4_c.jpg

14352539146_e043fd163e_c.jpg

14395743723_ee1bd9f414_c.jpg

I'll finish the thread with my favourite photo so far :) -

14051109139_c4dfa1afde_c.jpg

Had time to edit this one to bring out the colour a bit ;)

Cheers, Dan.

EDIT: @ThomasBrentnall @brisa4984 @Dan... - Photo's are finally up.

Last edited:

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I know it probably isn't to everyone's taste but I love it Dan!

I was was hoping you were going to be at FCS on Saturday so I could get some photographs of it? :( haha

I know it probably isn't to everyone's taste but I love it Dan!

I was was hoping you were going to be at FCS on Saturday so I could get some photographs of it? :( haha

Thanks dude! :)

Yeah I was undecided about coming, wish I had now tbh after seeing loads of photos but I spent the day helping my mate move house instead.

Vectra SRi
I like it, could do with being lowered more but that's just my opinion.

Not really liking the nipple ring on the front though lol

TT QS
I love this car. But those wheels do nothing for me at all. As long as you're happy with it though

Looks great!! Looks so good, the wheels go perfectly :)

Cheers mate, they're not everyone's cup of tea but glad some people like it :)

You could have drove down with us! Was a good day tbh.

Liking the edit at the top of the thread ;)

I know mate! Maybe next year ;)

Haha. If the first two posts were about the mudflaps, I figured there's bound to be more :p

That looks absolutely brilliant! Those rotas suit it :)

Thanks very much dude! :)

I like it, could do with being lowered more but that's just my opinion.

Not really liking the nipple ring on the front though lol

Haha BeacauseRaceCar ;)

I was thinking about lowering the front, don't fancy touching the rear though.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I think the Rota's really suit it. It could do with coming down a touch and it needs a splitter, carbon one preferably to match the foglight surrounds.

The wheels are quite open between spokes so perhaps a caliper refresh next?

Ph2 Meg 225
Looks lovely, needs a splitter though ;) I wouldn't touch the rear as there's not much arch gap but I'd drop the front a tad I think.

I love this car. But those wheels do nothing for me at all. As long as you're happy with it though

Thanks mate :)

Yeah they're a strange style of wheel tbh, everyone who's seen them either loves them or hates them. There doesn't seem to be an in between haha.

I think the Rota's really suit it. It could do with coming down a touch and it needs a splitter, carbon one preferably to match the foglight surrounds.

The wheels are quite open between spokes so perhaps a caliper refresh next?

Looks lovely, needs a splitter though ;) I wouldn't touch the rear as there's not much arch gap but I'd drop the front a tad I think.

Thanks guys. Both pretty much said the same :p

I want to drop the front a little but not have it slammed like my old 1.6!

I did used to have a carbon splitter, that didn't end too well though </3 I fancy something a little different this time, some sort of flat splitter that sticks out a few cm's I'm thinking.

Yeah the callipers definately need doing again. I'm just not sure what colour tbh. Stick with orange or go for something else.

Last edited:
damn its looking great! the wheels look ace and really suit the car, esp the colour

glad to see the mudflaps are gone, although i can understand if they are there to protect the paint

splitter wise, what are you looking at? dont go too lairy haha, either fabia or seat ibiza style splitter i think

damn its looking great! the wheels look ace and really suit the car, esp the colour

glad to see the mudflaps are gone, although i can understand if they are there to protect the paint

splitter wise, what are you looking at? dont go too lairy haha, either fabia or seat ibiza style splitter i think

Thanks mate, I'm still not sure about the colour tbh! A lot of people have said keep them white but I fancy a light anthracite colour.

I've had a fabia splitter before. They're great for the price but fancy something like Cupman's track car splitter. (Not as big though).

Cars lovely.

Just don't like the sticky out wheels.:(

Cheers dude! Don't worry, I've still got the Turini's! :)

I love it, even with the wheels, it's properly silly, but that's why I love it.

Haha, thanks mate. I like how it's a little different from the norm.

Nice.
Next time around shall we do a forum whip-round so you get full-size tyres ;)

Lmao! I did have to buy two new tyres. I went for the same size though as full sized ones would have stuck out a lot more!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Needs to be lower to 'properly' pull them off. Arch gap on the front is a bit too much at the mo'.

Looks good though.

Clio 172 Flamer
Not usually a fan of the white wheels, still wouldn't have them myself unless I had to however I think they really suit yours.

Good work :)

CursedTitanium 182FF
Love the colour coding and attention to detail, mud flaps worked either way for me. Tow ring was not in keeping with the rest for me as there is no other chrome on the car.
What's the carabiner & cable for under the bonnet? As someone mentioned above, needs a caliper refurb.

Needs to be lower to 'properly' pull them off. Arch gap on the front is a bit too much at the mo'.

Looks good though.

Yeah I'll have to drop the front about 20mm to match the rear I think.

Not usually a fan of the white wheels, still wouldn't have them myself unless I had to however I think they really suit yours.

Good work :)

Cheers mate :) I usually have white winter wheels so I'm used to the colour now :p I still fancy getting the Rota's painted though.

Love the colour coding and attention to detail, mud flaps worked either way for me. Tow ring was not in keeping with the rest for me as there is no other chrome on the car.
What's the carabiner & cable for under the bonnet? As someone mentioned above, needs a caliper refurb.

Thank you :) hmm never really thought of that tbh! Probably match a bit better if the diamonds were chrome as well.

The steel cable and carabiner are just a precaution in case the bonnet catch fails. I put it on when I first got the car with all the bonnet catch failure reports came in. I'm not sure if it would actually work but would definitely slow it down and reduce the damage.

10711352113_c379254745_c.jpg

10711313963_f8fbd587a0_c.jpg

10710984035_eb3f65f877_c.jpg

love this! thinking of some rota's for mine but unsure whether to keep the standards or not just yet.

Thanks mate. Which style would you go for? There's plenty to choose from lol :p

No worries man. Same as yours id say. They do have a few nice sets though. I want to just getting all the little niggle bits out the way first then ill move on to changing a few things. Like mine standard tbh so could just be some subtle changes.

Clio
Good idea that bonnet catch thingy

I image at motorway speed it would grab it and bend up the other end . Maybe damage the drivers wing at a push

Still needs to go lower, looks clean though!

Managed to get an adjustable C-spanner so that might be happening soon, thanks! :)

No worries man. Same as yours id say. They do have a few nice sets though. I want to just getting all the little niggle bits out the way first then ill move on to changing a few things. Like mine standard tbh so could just be some subtle changes.

Yeah it depends what route you want to go down really :) yeah sort out all the little bits first :)

Looks mint dan :)

Thanks mate! :)

Good idea that bonnet catch thingy

I image at motorway speed it would grab it and bend up the other end . Maybe damage the drivers wing at a push

Do you mean because the bonnet might twist and damage the drivers side arch?

Maybe I'll try and find a different anchoring point closer to the edge.

I don't fancy cutting up the bonnet for aero catches.

172 cup
love it, I also love the flaps (seems people dont on here :/) do you still have them lol would be interested.

cheers