ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oops I did it again... Adey's Clio 200 EDC

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I found the brakes on mine were better than the 197/200 Brembos on the car it replaced, not sure on the size difference between them but they looked huge!
View attachment 1652556

I dont really get the hype on brembos. Had them retrofitted to my skoda, mx5 and they were on my R26. Didn't find them particularly better tbh. But they look mega and super easy to change pads. Maybe they dissipate heat better?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
What are peoples thoughts on the steering, everyone says its completely lifeless?
only just spotted this sorry, nope id say mine is very direct and gives very good feedback, easy to make changes. Not sure if they have some sort of dynamic setting but i feel it changes a touch when im "on it" or at higher speeds.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I dont really get the hype on brembos. Had them retrofitted to my skoda, mx5 and they were on my R26. Didn't find them particularly better tbh. But they look mega and super easy to change pads. Maybe they dissipate heat better?
Yeah I agree, I've got a decent set of pads on my 197 and they are very good, but I've had similar performance from single piston calipers. Very light if your a good enough driver to make the most of less unsprung weight but I'm not lol

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
If you guys could stop this brembo bashing that would be great, someone's trying to sell enough to feed the kids this month 🙄

😂😂

Actually yeah to be fair I did only get em for bling and weight saving. So they defo do that at least 😂
For the price can't go wrong, just get bummed on the brackets.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Had my service kit delivered from Opie oils this week using the club discount, will hopefully get on that on Friday. The car was in the garage yesterday having a new front wheel bearing fitted, didn't realise how loud it was, I can now hear the exhaust which makes a nice jet type roar when on boost (y) not sure how much of that is down to the mid box delete. To maximise tuning potential without going balls out with a full system I'm looking to remove the primary cat but leave the secondary in place. Being close to the turbo itll be more of a restriction than the secondary one which should then allow me to still pass emissions at MOT.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I had my second cat removed and also instead of having a full system, had a ghost mod done to it by a place in Telford. This added much needed noise and excitement to the drive.

2014 Clio 200t edc
If you look up d7r in Telford
Posts video…. Still have absolutely 0 idea what a ghost mod is 😂
sorry, it’s a reworking of the backbox internals. Adds a nice amount of noise.
If you search d7r you will see more videos. He has done loads of Clio’s and other cars too.
If I get another Clio 200/220, I will without doubt get it done again.

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
That's a bit mad about the inlet temps. Will have to follow to see how much of a ballache fitting a cooler is

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
That's a bit mad about the inlet temps. Will have to follow to see how much of a ballache fitting a cooler is

Funnily I was looking in the front of a smaller engined tce clio and the intercooler looked identical.....

Pipe runs for front mounts look nuts which I might want to change in the future, most of them join up too the oem pipework or follow the same pipe work path. I was looking at the wagner cooler which is an oem replacement but I don't like spending money.....

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Funnily I was looking in the front of a smaller engined tce clio and the intercooler looked identical.....

Pipe runs for front mounts look nuts which I might want to change in the future, most of them join up too the oem pipework or follow the same pipe work path. I was looking at the wagner cooler which is an oem replacement but I don't like spending money.....

Yeah Wagner is a bit Overkill. The biggest waste of money I'd spent on the octavia was the intercooler, but all cars are different.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@Adey. you're right about the race cars, we run the standard intercooler on our x98 cup... though we don't see inlet temps as high as yours even without the spray system fitted.

I would hazard a guess that you've got a small crack in your IC as it's quite common with age, or a leaky pipe. Whip the IC off and pressure test it if you can. The plastic boost hose below the oil cap (cold side) has an o-ring inside of it, they're quite common for perishing too. The later caused similar issues for us until we traced it down.

Not too far from yourself so if you need a hand just shout, have plenty of time on my hands between now and CSF (y)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers @Filters great info there thanks (y) ill check everything you have listed. There really seems to be very little on the web about this platform Clio so I may now be pestering you :ROFLMAO: sorry

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
We are having a little time away in a Wales soon and I wanted to use the Clio over the Fabia. Ideally we need to take a roof box for some extra capacity. I had read that a few people had dented their roofs with rails and boxes on the Clio 4 but from searching it seems they were done with Thule bars or other brands. I did a bit of digging and found the part numbers for the oem Renault parts (hopefully being designed for the job) and found a set on gumtree, a few messages each way to confirm they were the ones I was looking for and a deal was done (y) they seem to fit up well, very very close to the paint but we will see how they go 🤞

20230814_171146.jpg
20230814_171209.jpg
20230814_171229.jpg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Or buy a car with everything done 😅
We are having a little time away in a Wales soon and I wanted to use the Clio over the Fabia. Ideally we need to take a roof box for some extra capacity. I had read that a few people had dented their roofs with rails and boxes on the Clio 4 but from searching it seems they were done with Thule bars or other brands. I did a bit of digging and found the part numbers for the oem Renault parts (hopefully being designed for the job) and found a set on gumtree, a few messages each way to confirm they were the ones I was looking for and a deal was done (y) they seem to fit up well, very very close to the paint but we will see how they go 🤞

View attachment 1656345View attachment 1656346View attachment 1656347
You know the parts catalogue on Turbo Renault? You'll find things like this on there 😁

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a week away in St Davids on the Pembrokeshire coast, racked up about 500 miles in the Clio, fully laden with 3 kids, the wife, a boot full and a roof rack. The car didn't miss a beat and was quite enjoyable to use, even with it loaded up it wasn't too shabby, quick enough for over takes on the back roads. Only thing to note was a drop in fuel economy, but considering the weight it was carrying and the bad aerodynamics with the rack and bag on top ill let it slide. Its a very good all round car. Just needs a little extra ooooomph for me. Needs a thorough clean out now though, I did hoover after every beach visit but itll need a deep clean in the next day or 2.

20230826_092046.jpg
20230825_195831.jpg
20230825_170722.jpg
20230824_182409.jpg
20230822_144719.jpg
20230822_144712.jpg
20230822_125646.jpg
20230820_123411.jpg
20230819_122210.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So It was my birthday whilst away, nice to come back to some car presents :D

In there we have a td04hl 21tk hybrid turbo, an airtec cold side boost pipe kit and an engine dynamics 3 inch turbo intake kit. Im still waiting on an RS Performance decat down pipe and im still hunting for an intercooler kit. Should see me good for 275bhp 🤞

20230826_153531.jpg