ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oops I did it again... Adey's Clio 200 EDC

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So I did a thing...... browsing the internet a few days ago I found my self looking at 200 EDC Clio's. Browsing/Shopping as we sometimes do with no intention of actually buying. Id imaginarily decided that the white and black cars weren't for me, and the silver and red ones being a good look with the LY being out of my imaginary price range. I did find some coming in at some OK prices though. Choosing between the colours I found myself looking at an advert for a higher millage flame red 200 edc lux with cup pack 🤷‍♂️ It was actually within a real budget.... I slept on it, and then the next morning still thinking it was a good idea called them up. A deposit was dropped and then i had to convince the wife it was good idea 😂 It had an existing mot on it but a minor service (not really worth much as ill do it all again myself) and a fresh ticket adding I agreed to collect it on Sat (Today)

Being a good few hours from me and not wanting to pay the fuel for 2 cars, the wife and I ditched the kids with grandma and jumped on a train early this morning. Gloucester out to Birmingham new street, jumped off and then on to another train from there to Leicester. Into and Uber for a 10 min drive to the industrial estate dealer. Car was as described and reflected in the price so a quick sign over of paperwork and on our way we went home.

A comfy and uneventful drive home, enjoyed having cruise control and it averaged 40mpg on the dash. Gearbox seem ok, faster and smoother than the DSG in my fabia vrs. Seats are very comfy compared to the Boxster (which ill probably sell on) and it seems like a nice place to be. Defo needs a remap though. But first we will work through the car sorting any little niggles out. The bonnet has been slammed hard and dented, the wheels have brushed many curbs but generally its in good condition. Super nimble and pointy when you ask it for a quick change in directing and the wheel feels good in your hand. Definitely looking forward to tinkering on this one.

I think after a good going over ill be looking at some lowering springs, intake and exhaust mods and then a map to wake it up a little. We know how these best laid plans go though.....

Introducing the Flame Red Clio 200 EDC (y)

20230701_180226.jpg
20230701_140054.jpg
20230701_135432.jpg
20230701_134739.jpg
20230701_134411.jpg
20230701_133250.jpg
20230701_132017.jpg
20230701_103631.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Excellent purchase. I noticed that one for sale and thought it was priced really well. Looks a nice car, a wheel refurb isn’t a major deal.
I am very jealous! 😔

2014 Clio 200t edc

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Jel. Will have one soon. Be interested to see what a 200 with Eibach will be like ride comfort wise

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Jel. Will have one soon. Be interested to see what a 200 with Eibach will be like ride comfort wise

I've already been browsing lowering springs. Not sure what ones to get tbh? front needs a decent drop, looks like it has reverse rake going on! There's a few springs to choose from, are eibachs the go too? There's them, h&r, grams and cooksport available from a quick google

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I've already been browsing lowering springs. Not sure what ones to get tbh? front needs a decent drop, looks like it has reverse rake going on! There's a few springs to choose from, are eibachs the go too? There's them, h&r, grams and cooksport available from a quick google

Just based on years of putting springs on, the only one's I'd choose if there's the choice are Eibach. H&R are very stiff and crashy I think. Cooksport seem a good option but there were all the instances of snapped springs in my Mk2 Meg days. Think Grams are the same as cooksport? Or were.
Can't beat Eibach.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I went down the Cooksports route and had absolutely no issues at all, each to their own though!
Really nice buy, part of me regrets not spending more time browsing the market before buying mine as I just jumped on the first PH2 I could find locally, which ended up being in finance white and non-Trophy, few choice mods though and it's pretty much where I want it (bar the colour).

I also went springs, intake (ITG) and exhaust (scorpion non-res catback) and it's improved it massively. Mapping is on the agenda. Enjoy!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I went down the Cooksports route and had absolutely no issues at all, each to their own though!
Really nice buy, part of me regrets not spending more time browsing the market before buying mine as I just jumped on the first PH2 I could find locally, which ended up being in finance white and non-Trophy, few choice mods though and it's pretty much where I want it (bar the colour).

I also went springs, intake (ITG) and exhaust (scorpion non-res catback) and it's improved it massively. Mapping is on the agenda. Enjoy!

How's the ride on the springs? Compared to stock

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Am beginning to really like these, only issue is they really need this ...

and this

Which is pretty much 4 grand lol.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
How's the ride on the springs? Compared to stock
The ride itself is perfectly fine, not crashy at all and I don't think at any stage I've thought about it in a negative way. I didn't keep it on stock springs for long though so I can't really remember what it was like.

225 profile tyres are a common upgrade as they are cheaper than 205 and fill the arches better, especially after adding springs/spacers. I know a few people go 215 too.

PXL_20230212_143940961.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
The ride itself is perfectly fine, not crashy at all and I don't think at any stage I've thought about it in a negative way. I didn't keep it on stock springs for long though so I can't really remember what it was like.

225 profile tyres are a common upgrade as they are cheaper than 205 and fill the arches better, especially after adding springs/spacers. I know a few people go 215 too.

View attachment 1651000

Is that it sat on cooksports?! Look bang on that 👌🏻

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Just based on years of putting springs on, the only one's I'd choose if there's the choice are Eibach. H&R are very stiff and crashy I think. Cooksport seem a good option but there were all the instances of snapped springs in my Mk2 Meg days. Think Grams are the same as cooksport? Or were.
Can't beat Eibach.
I’ve got Cooksports on mine, had one break after 100k miles. Cooksport were great and replaced it under warranty. 👍🏼

I think mine sits quite sweet

82725B4E-F147-4DBB-BEAF-B3E5F7A354C0.jpeg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I’ve got Cooksports on mine, had one break after 100k miles. Cooksport were great and replaced it under warranty. 👍🏼

I think mine sits quite sweet

View attachment 1651103

That's good then. It was a good 7 or 8 years ago I had my R26.

Is the ride ok? If I don't get a trophy I'm definitely going to fit some springs

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
That's good then. It was a good 7 or 8 years ago I had my R26.

Is the ride ok? If I don't get a trophy I'm definitely going to fit some springs
It’s fairly firm but not overly offensive 😊

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
If you’re going for Cooksport’s, KTEC are offering 10% off atm

View attachment 1651108

From what I’ve seen online, Cooksport are closing down so now is the time to buy them before they’re gone forever!
I noticed that just after I put an order in for some AST 5100.

They told me 3 weeks but after not hearing anything for 5 I got onto them. They came good so all was well in the end. They've been around a long time. Such a shame.

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 17.00.43.png

2014 Clio 200t edc
Cooksports on order

Next question, I've not even looked under there, are the shocks bolted to the hubs or do they have a slip joint into the hub?
They have a slip bolt so not like a 182 suspension. It’s a little tricky but I managed it easily enough once I got the hang of it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Can't decide if that's a genius way or not!

The exterior of these has really grown on me, what are the seats like? My mums 0.9 mk4 had seats flatter than a spirit level!

2014 Clio 200t edc
View attachment 1651170

If they’re anything like the 197’s, this is my preferred method.
Have be careful if the spring platform is rusty tho
There is enough movement in the hub downwards to make it relatively easy. I saw a method of putting a thin piece of metal in the gap, putting the bolt back in and tightening it to spread the gap.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So it's been less than a week.... cooksport springs fitted this afternoon and the symposer thing blocked off. Fitting was easy as really, there's plenty of droop in the suspension and you don't even need to use spring clamps, win there. Its not been driven yet so I'll let it settle before booking in for alignment. Jez was poking around under the car and noticed it has a center box delete already too which was a nice find. I do have a rotational noise on the front right, I can't feel play but I think it's the wheel bearing. I'll keep an eye on it and get it swapped out soon. Hmm what's next....

20230707_190531.jpg
20230707_160126.jpg
20230707_160223.jpg
20230707_164720.jpg
20230707_172947.jpg
20230707_173259.jpg
20230707_201231.jpg
20230707_201251.jpg
20230707_201305.jpg

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Probably being dumb but what does blocking the symposer do, does it remove the artificial noise coming through into the cabin?

2014 Clio 200t edc
It removes some of the noise into the cabin, the fake induction noise, but has also been known to fix a noise from behind the dash.
I can vouch for the rear axle spacers from pure motorsport. Easy to fit and make a difference.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Its only a small unit, not sure why people put a blanking cap on it too tbh as it should be sealed off. It offends me being there though, I wonder if base cars have the panel without the hole for the symposer.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Also make sure you put a clamp around the bung on the intake pipe, there have been instances of them flying off and damaging the bonnet. (I say instances, I’ve read of 2 but wouldn’t want it happening!)