ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

Jap Shed
ive never had a lag problem, what i do have a problem with is finishing ANYWHERE above the middle of the table on FFA.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
This game makes me wanna cry. Had some okay matches the other night for the first time since buying it. 30- 8 or so. Now im back to getting raped. perhaps im tired as ive been working all weekend and im playing against sad f*****s who have been at it all day?

Its like it doesnt matter how many times i shoot someone they just wont die, and one shot kills me every single time.

What am i doing wrong? I was never this bad at MW2.

s**t like that happens on all online games, m8. Can be fluke. Can be lag. Can be hacks - who knows. I had one on BC2 this afternoon where I spotted a recon guy from my T-90 tank. As I fired, he lobbed a grenade at my tank - at best a 5-10 damage points on a tank. I had 46 points of damage left (from 100) after being hit previously - when BOOM! - the tank got nailed and I had a message saying this player's name and the weapon that killed me was a hand grenade. Like WTF?! :)

D.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
s**t like that happens on all online games, m8. Can be fluke. Can be lag. Can be hacks - who knows. I had one on BC2 this afternoon where I spotted a recon guy from my T-90 tank. As I fired, he lobbed a grenade at my tank - at best a 5-10 damage points on a tank. I had 46 points of damage left (from 100) after being hit previously - when BOOM! - the tank got nailed and I had a message saying this player's name and the weapon that killed me was a hand grenade. Like WTF?! :)

D.

It wasnt a hack he's just luckily hit you in the tanks weak spot. I sniped a boat and it blew up with 2 people in it. Geordie off here witnessed it. Now that was biblical. Lol

Mountune Tractor
well seems theres a reason black ops is shite on ps3 its on cod forum. basically the game was developed on xbox and ported over to ps3 but the consoles use different types of ports and black ops is using less than half of the ps3's memory hence it running so slow. shows how bothered treyarch are about ps3, even IW didnt do this. i will never buy a treyarch game again. and no they wont be able to patch it so dont bother waiting.

Jesus if that's true then that is an incredibly poor effort from Treyarch. Xbox is definitely the future though.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Jesus if that's true then that is an incredibly poor effort from Treyarch. Xbox is definitely the future though.

it is true and backed up with being tested by a console programmer. xbox runs at 60fps and ps3 runs from 50 to 15fps. fps stands for frames per second. so we pay the same amount for a game that doesnt even work properly and were expected to accept this. activision did try the same with IW but they stood up for the ps3 and delayed the release of mw2. whole story is on cod black ops forum in ps3 section.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's nothing new. Loads of PS3 games are ported from the 360, so you'll always get issues. Mafia II on the PS3 looked shocking, for example.

The PS3 is a ballache to develop for, apparently.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
To be fair, the 360 has some FR issues too. When Napalm is called in, it drops quite a bit.

Not nearly as bad as on the PS3 though. PS3's explosions look weird, too. :S

Astra SRI/ Hornet
yeah theres loads of fanboys on that site thats why nothing will get done about it. thing is when sony made the ps3 it did put state of the art tech in to keep it fresh for its entire life, what they didnt count on is the developers being ignorant to this and sticking with tech which xbox has cos its easier.

yeah chris this guy also tested xbox fps and it had a low of 54fps which is still better than ps3's best.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
but its most games not just this 1. were getting ripped off if it aint a ps3 only game. uncharted 2 showed what a ps3 could do.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yeah theres loads of fanboys on that site thats why nothing will get done about it. thing is when sony made the ps3 it did put state of the art tech in to keep it fresh for its entire life, what they didnt count on is the developers being ignorant to this and sticking with tech which xbox has cos its easier.

yeah chris this guy also tested xbox fps and it had a low of 54fps which is still better than ps3's best.

Jesus. That bad, eh?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It wasnt a hack he's just luckily hit you in the tanks weak spot. I sniped a boat and it blew up with 2 people in it. Geordie off here witnessed it. Now that was biblical. Lol

But tanks don't blow up with a single grenade hit in any of the Battlefield games - unless your damage is down to the last 5 points from 100. It's never happened in Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142 - but it did happen yesterday on BC2.

I'm airing more on the side of a server glitch rather than him actually using hackz. In over 1,000+ hours on all of the Battlefield series I've not come across something similar. I know these sort of games aren't supposed to be the pinnacle of military & real life accuracy. But I'm sure that the Russian army would be more than a little alarmed if their flagship model of tank could be blown up and destroyed with a mere two hand grenades.... ;)

D.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
But tanks don't blow up with a single grenade hit in any of the Battlefield games - unless your damage is down to the last 5 points from 100. It's never happened in Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142 - but it did happen yesterday on BC2.

I'm airing more on the side of a server glitch rather than him actually using hackz. In over 1,000+ hours on all of the Battlefield series I've not come across something similar. I know these sort of games aren't supposed to be the pinnacle of military & real life accuracy. But I'm sure that the Russian army would be more than a little alarmed if their flagship model of tank could be blown up and destroyed with a mere two hand grenades.... ;)

D.

same with the boat and 1 sniper shot. think they put it in as a quirk as it very rarely comes off.

Fiesta ST-2
Get mw2 and every time some fag uses the cheap tactics like commando/lightweight and noobtube/one man army. Take a deep breath and say it could be worse I could be playing black ops on PS3.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
lol, me and aly were on it last night and we had some really good games. and i ended up using noob tubes and tbh it was satisfying got 3 kills in the kill cam and someone sent me a message saying CNUT, qualo

Fiesta ST-2
I'll be honest I've used a noobtube class once just to prove how easy and how little skill it requires and to annoy people who play like this all the time.

Gamertag: eurospark

Just started playing cod again after getting bored of having no live membership for a while, up and running again now :)

LY 182
Holy feck.

AK47u with grip is f**king epic at close quarters. Just destroyed almost the whole opposing team in 20-30 seconds inside the building on Summit lol.