ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odyssey ph1 172 Project

secret
Yeah give them a go :)

Havent really gone far enough to give a rating on the tyres but they look better than t1r's so thats a start

secret
Went out last night and had a bit of a tyre test, there loads better than the toyos so far, performed brilliantly in the wet, didnt push it as much as i would as handling has changed so need to get used to it all but traction compared to t1rs is a big diffrence. Will see what its like in the dry :)

BlackGold 182
i may have to get them tyres in future then, i thought the t1rs were good so if these are even better then i need them:D

secret
Ive had t1rs for the past few years and loved them but after the poor traction i was geting from the 172 i needed a change, i will update wen the weather picks up and let you know

secret
Gave her a quick wash so took a few more piccys :)

0121d88c.jpg
ce01c390.jpg
8ad6eb6d.jpg
55bee8f0.jpg
5745780f.jpg

Sorry about the one pic, cant spin it round on my phone

RS 182 CUP
if you just want to see what rear cambers like use single washers.

didnt realiseyou took so many pics (glad you didnt get my face in them) il get you right in the action next time to get clearer and bigger pics

secret
There far from mint mate, do need a refurb but i always use wheel cleaner and wash again after. Do look good though :)

Car does get washed atleast once a week oh and i use alloy wheel seal

secret
My cold air feed story :)

I decided i needed a decent cold air feed so byebye fogs, firstly i bought some gloss black fog blankers, didnt like the gloss so painted them matt black and made sure they fit

32ca0790.jpg

I then recieved my 75mm cold air duct and carbon wrapped the ring like so

23e001b6.jpg
be6bdfec.jpg

I then cut a nice hole for the duct to fit into which it didnt :(

ba6c63c5.jpg

I decided to get a knife and hak away at the hole to make it fit

f16bb588.jpg

This resulted in injury but it fit :)

e2f73183.jpg

I then fitted it to my car, very happy with how it looks and havent seen it before, started the car and u can feel it sucking so win :)

b5ca4c89.jpg
f4de2df4.jpg

Hope u like it guys, opinions welcome :)

PB172
Seen it the other day in Tesco bro looks sick! Think you should wrap the fog blanks carbon too if you ask me. Might be too much though... Dunno haha. Love it thoughhh!

secret
Yeah i thought b too much, this color is same as splitter so works wel and it all stands out and doesnt blend in. Kate said do the covers oddy blue but dnt think it would look right

secret
I love the color and it is getin rare now, i wanted a sunflower orignaly but went to look at this and wanted it straight away. Thanks btw :)

PB172
Yeah not sure bout painting them blue, might be a bit too much cc mate.

Might have to do it to mine in a few weeks if you fancy it :p

secret
Yeah i think there stayin ad they are, yeah jude i will help you

Thanks kieran, i just need to push the duct in a touch more

secret
New mods for feb time are

Coilovers and setup
Rs tuning map
Pure motorsport strut brace and top mounts

secret
Right guys, i want a v6 again so might sell up or break so whats she worth? Need a idea of what im playing with as may have to break. This isnt 100% so will see

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
Right guys, i want a v6 again so might sell up or break so whats she worth? Need a idea of what im playing with as may have to break. This isnt 100% so will see

My next car is going to be a V6. Keep us posted on what you do as I will have some parts off yours if you are going to break it.

secret
I really dnt know, i love my car :S

Kate wants a v6 aswel so me 1st haha

Hows ur motor john? U going RR day?

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
I really dnt know, i love my car :S

Kate wants a v6 aswel so me 1st haha

Hows ur motor john? U going RR day?

Yeah it's good mate, I've brought a few cosmetic things for it. Got a White engine cover, new head lights and I'm going to get Ant to do something with my bump strips.

secret
Oooo sounds good, colour code? I need to redo my lights, judes gona lend me his scratch x :)

I might sell my engine cover, i want new stuff lol, i gota list haha

secret
Not as bad as i thought, 1st i removed battery and just sat it on the battery tray me and gt rob bolted in last friday and got to work sorting my cables out, i then did my earth, sanding of the paintwork and bolting the cable down, i then routed the cable through the car and through a whole in the bulk head id found. I then connected my 100 amp circuit breaker ( better than changin fuses if it goes ) and wired it up temp while i tested it all worked which it did :D i then unbolted my ecu and removed the cover, ballache !! I then bolted down the ecu to the top of the gearbox mount and made sure it was secure, i then moved my oil catch tank out the way and joined my circuit breaker back up and connected all the cables together, wrapped them both up in tape to eaterproof them, i then moved my fuel cut off and bolted that down out the way and securely got my cables out the way and in place :) tightened the battery down and done :)

Airbox should b moved tomorow so pics will b up! Will let u all know my opinions on the setup

Thanks btw kieran, its coming along well and im defo keeping it now

secret
44ab9e07.jpg

59cd22b9.jpg

f78e4bbe.jpg

72b4946a.jpg

Rolling road video

[video]http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt168/wocka_2009/ebfe7e6d.mp4[/video]

Hope u like :) love the 2nd pic of mine ( nicked it off matt lol ) more piccies later

secret
Finished the setup tonite and big thumbs up, sounds amazing and imo its more responsive and quicker or better power delivery shall we say....y didnt i do this sooner, anyway pics.....

de2c36b0.jpg

231922fe.jpg

6dfcd041.jpg

933cd159.jpg

7ca5acbf.jpg

e5c32216.jpg

ee3fe581.jpg

09959948.jpg

68f7a9b4.jpg

0aeead7c.jpg

1c3f669c.jpg

042b779c.jpg