ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odyssey ph1 172 Project

secret
]After having 6 mk1 clios ive now decided to go mk2. I decided to break my current car which i had built and put alot of work into. I had a valver track car, my pride and joy for the last year and a half but changes hapen. I had to get a ph1 172. I picked this up around 2 weeks ago as a standard car ( wel lowerd abit ) i have now took spare wheel out, put some white williams wheels on, wind defectors, all new bulbs and hid's,orderd a rear strut brace and panel filter with bigger caf. Me and my mate completely flatted the car down on sat and mopped and diamond brighted it. It came out fantastic. Lights are shiny again now aswel.heres a few pics as it is now but it will b changing quite quickly as im getin alot of money in from the valver
fb15314d.jpg

b9095f82.jpg

fe044b4c.jpg

What u think of it and what do u all recomend next

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Re: New project :)

Looks awesome, really like those wheels on the ph1's.

secret

Yeah didnt want a silver one, too comon. What colour is this btw? I think exhaust will b next then i gota service it so wen i do plugs im gona put some decent leads on it and match the inlets. Pulls really well 2bh. Better than i expected

secret

De wiper a defo but not lights, i wana keep everythin ph1. I put ph2 lights in it but didnt like it

secret

I had it remapped today, really noticed the diffrence in power and any changes/mods i do it get mapped again for free. Wel worth it. Exhaust next week, new map and then dyno :)

secret

Few new pics....
dde9e06e.jpg

559ff502.jpg

d507518a.jpg

6624d813.jpg

7d3d0978.jpg

eb86f62b.jpg

New mods...

Exhaust
Tow eye
6000k hids
Matched inlets ( being painted atm )
Omp front strut brace ( will fit soon )
Itg silcone induction bend
Cd player

Will update again soon but not off my phone so will have more detail lol

secret

Didnt realise how bad those photos are, sorry guys. Will hve to get the camera out :)

None :(

I like that!!!!

Where did you get your remap done? Sounds like a good deal to me!

secret

Place called rapid remap in cannok, it is just a generic map if thats the right word, but he obv tweaks it to suit mods. Wel worth it in my eyes. I had a play with a ph2 172 sunday and i was a fair bit quicker :)

secret

Sorry it was red bitz i had it remapped at in the end, always get them mixed up

secret

My inlets are ready now, bought some matched inlets and they have now been dipped, shot blasted and powder coated. Will post pics up tomoza :)

Octavia VRS LE

Nice, heard those magnecore leads are supposed to be very good. I fitted them for a friend on an rx8!! cars coming on well imo.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

looking good and good progress, what exhaust have you got?

secret

Yeah i had magnecors on my track valver so stuck with them :)
Yeah cars coming on brilliant, cant stop spending money on it

I had a powerflow made, i know the guy who does them so he sorted me out and did a fantastic job, had a cat back witb a hidden backbox and 2.5" rolled out. Decat to come in feb afta my mot

Next is catcam 428, ktec engine mounts, cambelt kit and aux kit with new lifters aswel as shes slightly tappy :( plan do do this in jan i hope

Im fitting my inlets etc sat, also going to change oil and filter and mayb coolant. Gota look after the old rs :) may fit front strut brace aswel then if im happy with how it fits with hitting the bonet and that it will come back off for powdercoating. Will also prob do fuel rail cover and top mount while im at it.

See what i mean, i just cant help it lol

What 4 pots do ppl rate on this, was looking at hi-specs and willwoods but not sure. I had willwoods on my valver and they were fantastic but cant decide :s

secret

Put it all on today but i now have a small air leak and i snapped one of the bolts for the idle control valve, wasnt as easy as i first thought

secret

Yeah it works really wel, asoon as i put them on i knew they were staying lol still got my f1s for track, gona stick some r888s on i think.

Thankyou all for the comments :)

secret

Cheers fred, i plan to do all belts in jan along with dephaser.

Just posted in media section but will in my preject thread aswel,
Wen doin my inlets today i found my head ports to look like this...to me its not standard but i duno
IMGP0659.jpg

Clio 1.6 16v

Looks very good in my opinion man! your doing well with it :)
Its happened fast too from what i have seen haha!

Keep going cant wait to see your end result!

secret

Yeah gona stick new boss and a steering wheel on tomoza.bort one cheap off my mate until i get my sabelt one :) and sort my icv out.

Will get some pics up of the bay aswel; gona give it a clean and polish a few bits aswel

secret

Thanks for coments guys, any opinions/advice would b apreciated on anything aswel