ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odyssey ph1 172 Project

secret
Ive made a new sticker thanks to the weekend....

844f3239.jpg

secret
Took my rear wiper off lastnite and wrapped the plastic thing lol. I want a proper smoothed one but it will do for now....

034365da.jpg

145d7908.jpg

secret
My gf just sent me these off the photographers website from fcs, theres alot of mine so will have a decent look tonite. Theres one from parade lap and one on a track session, sorry about the quality

c239b40f.jpg

831bf599.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looking good mate, cheers for the wrap btw :)

I want to wrap my rear wiper thing, similar to how you have, but I want to keep the wiper.

Where do you buy your wrap? I'll need more if I want to do all the bits I need to :) (wiper plate and the lock surround).

secret
Thanks narf, defo thumbs up on cup spoiler

Ayup rob, glad u recieved it, was it enough? Its kinda expensive mate, 1000x1370 is around £35. Im plannin on buyin a few metres and doing bits or selling the vinyl on. If i get my hands on a smooth wiper blank u cud hav my rear one for cheap

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't mind covering the one on the car mate so wouldn't need yours...

Yeah what you sent me was plenty, really appreciate it. I'm busy as hell doing college work at the moment, but when I get a chance I'll cover my buttons with it.

That's not too expensive really, I wouldn't need anywhere near that much for my plans but it's always nice to know.

Fancy PM'ing me where you get it from?

secret
Ive now got a 3/4 size front number plate but it looks too small and i think i may get pulled. What u think???

b7f0e9af.jpg

secret
Reminds me of this face...but its the right height, i would have just preferred it the full length of the recess.

tn-tumblr_le0g2rx2NR1qcszy4.png

Lmfao thats ace !!

I might order another one thats longer :)

I used to always have show plates etc, i wouldnt risk it now but a smaller one is diffrent ;)

PH1 172
the number plate looks abit like hitlers tash..

the heights right but as someones said about full length may help,

secret
the number plate looks abit like hitlers tash..

the heights right but as someones said about full length may help,

I just thought it would look odd with white bits on the end :s

John... Yeah we will have to meet up again mate, try slacking it off yeah, phil will always sort it if need b. Hes gona love fitting my 182 manifold

secret
Manifold arived today :) thankyou jack

Ive decided i am going to heatwrap it now regardless of my advice, much apriciated though. I heatwrapped my valvers manifold and my mates 16v rallye and they were fine

Anyways heres a quick piccy...

a284f231.jpg

Heatwrap and stainless ties should arive tomorow so will get wrapping the weekend

RS 182 CUP
ive never heard of problems like that before. i rekon the benefits will out weigh the ........ (cant remember the word!) scavenging should be improved as well as keeping some heat away from inlet nanifold inc coil pack. rumour has it coil packs dont like heat!

secret
Either way im gona heatwrap it now, i never heard of it either but i apriciate him telling me :)

Hopefully the benefits pay off ay and the manifold lol, will it sound much diffrent?

RS 182 CUP
might sound as good as mine now!

should sound a little different, get your middle box removed too

secret
I have no middle box mate, engine to backbox :) only reason its not silly loud is i had my backbox made for me, the tip comes out the bottom if u have noticed not the centre

I thinkin on getting a rs tuner but is there a map out there that will suit my car for whats been done? Also want pops and bangs map, wen i had my car mapped last i asked him to chuck some fuel in on the over run but didnt really make a diffrence. Its either a propper map by say rs tuning or a rs tuner????

RS 182 CUP
rs tuning map matey, especially if you want pops n bangs map. couldnt remember, mines still got three boxes!

know anyone who wants my avatar pic? sooo need some cash! need to get wheels, dampers, and service paid for!

RS 182 CUP
rs tuning map matey, especially if you want pops n bangs map. couldnt remember, mines still got three boxes!

know anyone who wants my avatar pic? sooo need some cash! need to get wheels, dampers, and service paid for!

secret
U posted twice mate. U mean the turbo, i do know sum1 with a r5 but pretty sure he has a f7r turbo in it now. I will have a think mate and make a few calls

I just want a decent map and rolling road, am i gona smile at the figure or not haha

RS 182 CUP
id aim for a low figure and if its higher then its all smiles :D

i keep wonderin if midland vw would do a decent mapping sesh on a clio

secret
Nope they dont, ive asked them and cant map it :(
I think i might call em tomoz and see how much a dyno is and see if i can take it up sat. 160 is a nice low figure lmao

secret
Midland vw rolling road service is £50 inc vat for 3 runs and graphs, ive just emailed them to see when i could nip it down

secret
Huh? Lost me there buddy? U mean with my bonnet up....i was just rubbin the paint off my inlets. Im gona take them off tonite to repaint them and clean up my rocker etc

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
AHHHHHHhhhhhhh

i saw the bonnet up this morning fella

re: midsVW, dont bother. Jody, who owns it is a good lad, but my vw mates dont use them for a reason. i'll get the name of another RR for you who they swear by....

secret
Yeah jody emailed me back this mornin. Seemed alright. I think i want a hour slot on the rr and i will get barry who remaps my car to have a play

secret
My stainless ties and heatwrap has arived :)

48e149a9.jpg

Thanks for letting me know about mid vw rr elkworks :) but y are they so bad?

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
i think i got summat mental like 25 metres when i did my whole bike exhaust, 4 into 1 system. that included the can, and i had just under half left over.

its the overlap you wanna get right, how much did you use when you wrapped the other manifolds?!