ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

not the usual clio, stoke

Clio with v6 kit
i suppose after being on here a while now i better introduce myself, after selling my first car...

th_8222_1110328439441_1263777781_30293.jpg

...i had to decide what to have next, needing a car quick i bought a cheap 106 diesel (very cheap) and decided id do a project car...

th_DSC00004.jpg

(modded by my mates while i was in college)

...ive always liked the clio sports but with me being 19 my current insurance at work they pay for my car insurance aslong as its under 1600cc and has no performance mods, so if i wanted anything out of these guidelines id have to insure it myself, which would be at least an extra £1000 a year, so looked around on the net at replicas and lookalikes, saw alot of m3 reps and r32s and all that sort of stuff, but still liked the clios so looked at the sport bumpers, wings etc. and saw someone selling a v6 kit, i looked abit more at the job in hand and had already saved some money driving the diesel so went for it and february 2009 i decided to look at buying a clio. i set out looking for a black clio with climate control, after a couple of weeks i found one, £1995 for a 2004 with full service history, recent cambelt and clutch, but tatty bodywork, trolley marks, stone chips and a lamp post mark up the back bumper, perfect as all this would be removed anyway for the kit...

th_P4250070.jpg

...bought the kit from portugal a couple of days later and set about stripping down the car...

th_DSC00063.jpg

...months and months of fitting the kit i bought spacers, wheels and a 206 gti fuel cap, and loads of other bits to build it up...

th_DSC00066.jpg

th_IMAGE_004.jpg

th_IMAGE_005.jpg

th_IMAGE_006.jpg

th_IMAGE_007.jpg

th_IMAGE_013.jpg

th_IMAGE_015.jpg

th_IMAGE_016.jpg

th_IMAGE_017.jpg

th_IMAGE_018.jpg

th_IMAGE_029.jpg

th_IMAGE_030.jpg

th_IMAGE_033.jpg

th_IMAGE_034.jpg

...during fitting the kit the 106 was replaced by a tigra, which started like this...

th_DSC00009.jpg

...and ended last week like this...

th_IMAGE_027.jpg

...and nearly 9 months later just before christmas i had it sprayed, wanted an original renault colour so got the v6 colour chart and realised there was only one colour...liquid yellow

th_26122009032.jpg

...since then ive been rebuilding the interior and putting all the little bits back together, and doing my own thing in the back :p its still an on going project and i guess always will be but this is probably the nearest ill feel to finished so ill show it now...

th_06022010145.jpg

th_06022010170.jpg

...the original plan was to use a full sport interior and have a rear bench but decided against that as i dont really like having people in the back of my car, so looked at the v6 engine cover plastics and the prices are ridiculous, so went my own way and went for the same overall shape of up behind the seats and to the back just below the windows but filled it with audio equipment, ill post some pictures when i build it back up as currently the car is struggling with fuel problems and had to get to the pump...

...its still an on going project and next on the list is a disc rear axle and projector headlamps, but you get the idea of the car. Dont know what you guys will think of the car, not sure if the concours, purists will like it but hope they can see the point of the car, would like to hear some opinions, cheers

so far the mod list is.....

wheels
adjustable coilovers
custom exhaust-manifold back
sport front seats and door cards
sport dash trim
sport steering wheel
sport pedals
4x audiobahn subs
blaupunkt door speakers
orion components between seats
2x amps to power everything
206gti fuel cap
307 washer jets
light window tints
flat blades
megane side repeaters
parking sensors
and loads of little bits

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Im not familiar with the V6's so cant really comment on how good a job you've done, but looks alot better than all the other V6 rep attempts i've seen!

Welcome mate

recaro'd 172 rep
v6 reps = shite. ( usualy) however yours is the best ive ever seen and i love it, not sure what people on here will think as it dosnt have turinis but id happily drive it. how much has it set you back?

Za**** & Xr250R
Welcome to cs :)

I agree with latza V6 rep's are hard to pull off so are usually sheds but you seem to have made a proper V6 rep well done matey :approve:. I need ot see more pic's of the rep aswell ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
not a fan, but its one of the best reps iv seen... i think it needs spaced just a lil more on the back though (i think... might just be the angle though.)

Clio with v6 kit
best rep v6 ive seen by a long way but it doesnt look like LY

its only a nokia camera mate, cant get the colour right, i got looooads of photos that look gold, orange, acid yellow, trying get the settings right, could do with someone with a good camera going round it

and it does want going about 10mm each side front and back but the backs already 70mm each side so i dont know how long the bearings will last, its more of a happy comprimise

and am trying stay away from calling it a rep as i know there is loads of bits that arent right, lights, grills etc. but just like the look of the car now, not putting the badges on, just gona keep it as clio with a kit on

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice mate, paint work is a bit iffy and needs more spacers on the wheels.

Mk5 golf gti
when i started reading you were doin the build i started to lol
as the only v6 reps ive seen never st right and look shite
but i gotta say youve done a great job there mate :clap:

BG 182 FF
Looking good mate. Posts some more pics when you have them, maybe start a thread in the 'Projects' section of the forum? Keep up the good work!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Best V6 rep and best "clio with a kit on" I've seen.

Looks you've done a good job!

Renault Sport Clio 182
im not a fan of v6 reps, useually, however im glad you have spent the money and time on it, and the fact that you wanted it close to an original v6, and not in some crazy colour, or every panal a different colour like some i have seen before, shame you didnt loose the sunroof aswell, but hey

but good effort, i like it.

and sort of welcome to CS.

keo

Clio Trophy
yeah that might of been me mate, i never saw any trophys untill i had mine, now i see one aropund leek and seen one in bentilee as well

Clio with v6 kit
yeah that might of been me mate, i never saw any trophys untill i had mine, now i see one aropund leek and seen one in bentilee as well

always the same aint it, when you have something you never seen around everyone buys one, was one of the reasons make mine, then just before i brought mine out i found a real one parked up at tesco trent vale, think he's on here aswell

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Awesome work!

Although I can't help thinking your choice in wheels has let down your impressive work so far.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Awesome work!

Although I can't help thinking your choice in wheels has let down your impressive work so far.
+1 Get some V6 Wheels or similar, if it's a second car, may aswell keep it that way and go to town on the engine/brakes/susp otherwise all that work on the body will go to waste:(

Clio with v6 kit
Lol I'm doing spanish at Uni and it means:

Right on!! Your ship is very dad!

Roughly translated as:

"I really like your car"

Looks very tidy mate.

cheers man, you must be very useful to know on here

Awesome work!

i thought the wheels were quite nice, very similar to the oz ultraleggera but almost half the price and cant find much close to the original wheels as i would have to go to 4 to 5 stud conversion spacers, so the theory was if i cant have the exact do totally different, just dont like how much of the brakes you can see with them being thin spokes, disc rear axle is next on the list i think, followed by projectors...

and a question i was gonna ask in the technical area but you lot might no, do other renault front brake setups fit clios, lik the vectra brakes on corsas, berlingo on saxos, done alot of conversion for mates in the past but never heard much about the clios, would be alot cheaper nab some calipers and carriers off a car rather than 4pots

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Does look quite a good kit, but would like to see more pictures.

Who did the paint job?

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
One of the best i've seen, but you risk pulling up next to a real LY V6, but it would be good to get the 2 together to compare.

F82 M4
Where about in Stoke you from mate? I live just on the outskirts. Looks a nice rep and I'm hope to see it in the flesh!