ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nitrous Kit For RS Clio

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
Hey all,

Before I start I don't want no Fast and Furious talk lol Genuine topic here.

Just want to know abit more about NOS as I know only a little bit about it but is fairly interested in NOS-ing mine.

I've been watching alot of reviews etc but that's about it.

Say for my Clio 172 Cup (ITG Maxogen, Decat, Exhaust, Remap) would this kit work or is there any more stuff required?

http://www.noswizard.com/car-nitrou...cted-engines-with-a-single-throttle-body.html

I've heard the Clios RS loves abit of NOS but how safe is it? Does it kill engine life?

Chip....This one is for you :p

P.S I take it the TPS Unit is a switch that when you floor it....it kicks in (with of course activating the NOS first)

172 cup
Vin+Diesel+fast+and+furious+by+cool+images786+(1).jpg

You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake!

Last edited:
  SG9 Forester STi
7717918958_d18b85704f.jpg

VINCLIO.jpg

It's awesome but only when you're sensible. Ben_r1 destroyed a piston on his 197 with just a 50bhp shot and has since got rid of the kit.

Yes the TPS switch allows activation, once you've switched the bottle and switch on, to be controlled through throttle pressure. It'll only inject NOS when you're foots flat :cool:.

I however still have the 50 shot and so far haven't had any issues. I'm yet to try pressing the big red button on this setup though...

NewImage5.jpg

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
Hi Vicky, I've seen your car a few times at various meets like Ace Cafe etc and I must admit you have done a lovely job. So is the link a safe kit for the clio with standard internals? What is the power delivery like and I'm not sure if you know but what gains (on RR) are you seeing? One last ques that's kinda un-answerable as everyone says the same but how often do you have to refil your 11lb tank? As in how long does it last on a ratio of using it? Is it a case of use it 5/6 times then it's due a re gas? Thanks in advance

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
50bhp should be absolutely fine on an F4R, just only use it at higher RPM unless you have a controller, and ideally you would be better off going back to the standard 95RON map rather than using the 98RON RS Tuner map you are on currently as there is a little too much timing in it.

I help run a forum about nitrous that might be worth a read just in terms of general background info but you wont find much clio specific on there:
http://forum.nitrous-advice.org

Its a great way to go fast for short periods, for drag racing and the like is epic, but do bear in mind its quite expensive to use, the kit on my sierra for example if I was paying retail money for the gas would be costing me well over 50p a second to operate (in fact nearer a quid a second on the full power setting!)

Last edited:
  SG9 Forester STi
Hi Vicky, I've seen your car a few times at various meets like Ace Cafe etc and I must admit you have done a lovely job. So is the link a safe kit for the clio with standard internals? What is the power delivery like and I'm not sure if you know but what gains (on RR) are you seeing? One last ques that's kinda un-answerable as everyone says the same but how often do you have to refil your 11lb tank? As in how long does it last on a ratio of using it? Is it a case of use it 5/6 times then it's due a re gas? Thanks in advance

Thanks :). Yeah the kit you attached is good to go with the clio, however I'd strongly recommend you have a controller fitted. I can't imagine the F4R will take kindly to constant and instant hits of 50bhp. A controller will moderate the percentage of Nitrous you inject i.e mine is set to kick in at 30% for the first 3 seconds and after the that the full 50bhp shot is used.

Power delivery is very good and I can only liken it to the feel of a turbo kicking in. I had it RR'd once but the bottle was empty so it overfueled and chucked black smoke at a lot of confused looking cliosporters lol, still ran around the 200bhp mark though so I'd expect to have seen it around 220bhp had the bottle have been full.

The best way to look at usage is in seconds rather than 'shots'. An 11lb bottle holds 4.5mins worth of NOS use and costs me £80.00 to refill. I only use it at drag days in summer so have only filled it up around three times. This was prior to the ITB's so I was using it for around 14.5 - 14.8 seconds at a time. Apart from the time I turned it on and the line wasn't on properly and a lot of it was directed at my hand whilst frantically trying to turn it off lol. Nitrous burns seriously hurt so be careful if you do get it! :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Approx use is generally about 1 lb per minute per 10-20bhp (turbo cars are more efficient on gas for example)

You'll get about 9lbs usage from an 11lb bottle.

So potentially as little as 2.5 minutes use at 50bhp, or as much as 4 or 5 mins on an efficient engine (F4R arent bad for an N/A)

So if you are drag racing a 172 on the gas is about a dozen runs at least, so roughly what most people will do at a RWYB event.

Its about 70 quid or so to fill up a bottle most places I believe, but TBH its been a long time since Ive done anything other than buy a 6 foot bottle at a time.
If you buy a spare bottle Chris, and leave it with Mike who I see often then I can take the one you arent using away and fill it up for you for 50 quid a go as its you mate.