ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Mk3 Clio Dynamique S 138 2.0

White Sti Hatch
If your gonna get spacers and you want the wheels pritty much in line with the edge of the arch then ul want 25mm spacers like mine 20mm will puch them out but youll stll have a bit of a gap.

Mégane RS
DSC_0032Medium-1.jpg

Commets welcome.

Your dials are different to mine

Italian 3.2 V6
dave138 have u raced any1 in the vvt yet? or have u tried reaching the 127mph top speed? does the car feel FAST? i hope so...

.piers.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I certainly wound not be running different spacers front and rear, that'll proper screw the handling imo........ Keep them the same.

s**te man... i never thought that different sizes from front to rear could effect the handling badly :S ? i was gona plan on putting 25mm front and 30mm rear :S... but then again im no techno-t on things like that... im guessing putting the same size spacers front and rear should improve the handling tho? since itl b wider ?? or am i totaly wrong?? :S :S :S :S

Well yeah, think about it, if your pushing the rears out more than the front it'll feel strange on turn in imo..... Rear wheel drive cars have a wider track on the back, be it wider axle or wider wheels (think BMW M3 etc) FWD cars are generally similar front and rear. If Your going to use spacers make sure they are the same size front to rear......

Italian 3.2 V6
s**te man... i never thought that different sizes from front to rear could effect the handling badly :S ? i was gona plan on putting 25mm front and 30mm rear :S... but then again im no techno-t on things like that... im guessing putting the same size spacers front and rear should improve the handling tho? since itl b wider ?? or am i totaly wrong?? :S :S :S :S

Well yeah, think about it, if your pushing the rears out more than the front it'll feel strange on turn in imo..... Rear wheel drive cars have a wider track on the back, be it wider axle or wider wheels (think BMW M3 etc) FWD cars are generally similar front and rear. If Your going to use spacers make sure they are the same size front to rear......

ok cool thanks, u saved my bacon lol. 25mm allround then :)

.piers.

White Sti Hatch

ok cool thanks, u saved my bacon lol. 25mm allround then :)

.piers.

Aye thats what i would go with completly change the look of my car well worth the cash !!!

White Sti Hatch
I'm staying away on the 197, its fine as it is tbh

Stop eing a wimp and get the spacers lol !!!! :rasp::evil:

As for deriving better its feels the same as it was before hand witch was great but thats no doubt down to it being down on its arse on rock hard coils ! Still wheels puched out make it look alot meaner imo specialy on the move !

Love this pic even with colin out the window !
S5032376.jpg

Italian 3.2 V6
lol yea thats a class pic, car looks mint!! i really do think 17s would set it off even more tho..

Italian 3.2 V6
yyyyy? what u doin spraying them anthracite by anychance? or putting 15s on??? or putting a 45 tyre on instead of the standard 50?

White Sti Hatch
yyyyy? what u doin spraying them anthracite by anychance? or putting 15s on??? or putting a 45 tyre on instead of the standard 50?

Its 45s that are on there atm was the first thing i did when i got it home dumped the 195/50 for some lovly sticky 195/45 Toyo T1Rs ! :) and on the other front youll just have to wait and see mate ! :rasp::evil:

Italian 3.2 V6
oooooooo i didnt relise u had already done that lol, maby even new 1" alloys... turnis maby?? hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :S

MKIII 138
lol yea thats a class pic, car looks mint!! i really do think 17s would set it off even more tho..

well.. i agree.

even though anthracite seem to add more to the clio 138 (i think biohzd has 15" standard ? i.e not a clio 138) and they get 16" wheels..
think the wheels are probably a bit too small for a car just about the same size as the current megane but with bigger arches ! maybe in the flesh they will look ok though.

correct me if im wrong, this is running 16" and i shopped it lower than the already lowered suspension he had (i.e 40mm wasnt enough imo) its more of a real indication of 16" wheels on a MKIII, they look an inch too small imo.

wrclow.gif

and i think you can see the wheels are really a bit too small. it does look quite 'rally' but i dont think it holds the whole size of the clio together.

White Sti Hatch
Mines has got the 16" Canastas like that mate....Still its each to there own and i see nout wrong with the 16" and personaly hate big wheels unless there actualy standard on a car..

Italian 3.2 V6
yea defo, 17" and lowerd 40-50mm i think ftw!!! 16s do still look gr8 tho but i think the 17 look tht tad better..

MKIII 138
lowered it

060325004.gif

^ 17 x 7.5 " lowered as far as i think it would go.

I agree 16" with spacers and low does look great still and isnt too chav with the wheels being large which imo with the wrong 17`s would look that way. however some of the 197 cup wheels look like a smaller 17" (if you see what i mean) and in a dark colour like black wouldnt be too large on the eye.

Last edited:
  White Sti Hatch
Pics a bit small....Only down side is renault thought it would be a great idea to change the studs on the RS's to 5 Stud so no 197 wheels without new Hubs on expensive converter spacers....

Wednesday night i will hopefully change your minds on the Bigger is Better theme going on with the Mk3s ! :butt::clap:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'm staying away on the 197, its fine as it is tbh

As for deriving better its feels the same as it was before hand witch was great but thats no doubt down to it being down on its arse on rock hard coils ! Still wheels puched out make it look alot meaner imo specialy on the move !

S5032376.jpg

No doubting it looks nice and squat in that pic! :approve: 20mm MAX would be my limit on spacers. Getting my spare set of wheels done Black first........

White Sti Hatch

S5032376.jpg

No doubting it looks nice and squat in that pic! :approve: 20mm MAX would be my limit on spacers. Getting my spare set of wheels done Black first........

BAh im determind to get you on spacers man !! :evil: you know you want toooooo !!!!

Italian 3.2 V6
....what about this "Bad boy"??? with these NON-TURNI 17" alloys lol (spaced out 25mm) and is full colour coded and lowerd 50-60mm also with RS top 2 grills...

3715705173a8547225928o.jpg

.piers.

2x Clio mk3 1.5dci
The body roll on standard Mk3s is just unsafe !!!!

Mine started to slide sideways and fell over without touching a thing so yes they are unsafe!!!!! Multiple roles later and a clio almost unreconisable proves this lol.

Renault clio 2.0 vvt
What can i say..... . Car is lovely except it's going back Monday morning.

Engine light is on.
Warning light is on.
Check emissions
Check injector + fuel something messages. Sunroof stopped working.
Drove I away from evans halshaw like a dream.... phfffttt how wrong was I.

Anyone else had these problems?

My mum had one from basically new, it's still in the family & has only done about 30k with no problems at all. I drove it a few times, body roll is terrible & it needs lowering to make it look better, other than that it's ok for the motorway.