ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Mk3 Clio Dynamique S 138 2.0

Clio 197 F1
Springs £140 FTW and Coilovers £650 FTL.

Sort of speaks for itself, I'm not on a CS wage either lol.

I think 45mm should look goods, might consider coilovers in the future depending how low it goes on springs.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP

I think 45mm should look goods, might consider coilovers in the future depending how low it goes on springs.

Dave and his Wage... :cool: :star:

White Sti Hatch
Why do the job twice mate way i looked at it.....Why spend the £140 on springs then add the fitting say £200 all in all then a couple months down the line maybe get coils and spend another £650 on them....Save and do it right first time imo !!!

MKIII 138
Why do the job twice mate way i looked at it.....Why spend the £140 on springs then add the fitting say £200 all in all then a couple months down the line maybe get coils and spend another £650 on them....Save and do it right first time imo !!!

i agree. as stupidly expensive as coilovers are, there designed to work together. just fitting springs will put a strange damper spring rate combo and more preasure on the stock shock absorbers (not renaults strong point in the past on clios)

although there mega expensive @ £800 the H&R will go a full 60mm/70mm not the lowest compared to the weitek but id think the H&R would be balanced for ride comfort where are the weitek maybe cheap euro coils made for the hardest ride on smooth european tarmac.

that said, a clio 138 shares most things in common with the 197 chassis wise and id expect some H&R`s with 20mm spacers and perhaps a decent 17" 197 alloys to handle pretty s**t hot m8 i.e not far off a cliosport and you have the added bonus with the 138 in thats its all aluminimum engine is light and hence the car is sub 1200kg compared with the 1245kg of the 197.

also

DSC_0029Medium.jpg

if you measure tommorow for me m8 id really appreciate to know the gap height between arch and wheel, will 40-45mm really be low enough for the rear arch to look decent ? looking at that image were only talking about 4cm off that height !

DSCmod.gif

H&R will also be shortened shocks and 60mm front 70mm rear should look more like this

Last edited:
  White Sti Hatch
Ive got the weitecs and theres nothing wrong with them at all plus the go 70/70 front and rear witch seems to be the standard for anything on the Mk3 atm. As for the harsh ride yes its stiffer than standard but in looks and performance in corner is worth it

Reason i say do it right first time is the fact that you get more for your money even at the price they are you have the choice of height for what you use it for your not stuck with 40 or 60 mm fixed springs.

Standard height of the car is roughtly 90mm rear and 70mm front top tyre to bottom of arch i think thats what i got before i lowered mine....

Italian 3.2 V6
hey, had a bash at a photoshop with turnis and colour coding it, also lowering it (im guessing 70mm) also it has a short ariel :D hope you like.... thing is i emailed ktec and the gt coilovers dont fit the 2.0vvt :( and the coilovers aint out for it yet??? so as far as i no ther is no sus-kit for it?? or am i wrong?

3715705173a8489022179o.jpg

hope u like :D

.piers.

White Sti Hatch
If theres no Coils for it yet then id be asuming the H&R springs may fit witch would be your only option really !

Clio Valver
I didn't know that you could even get a 2 litre dynamique!! If you get it looking anything like those photoshops it will be AWESOME!

Really love the colour

Clio 197 F1
Well i have just received H&R springs today, so will let you no tomorrow if they fit or not.

Love the photoshop, love the wheels.

Italian 3.2 V6
ok cool cool, good luck, hope they do fit well, get a pic as soon as to let us see what it looks like pls m8 :D

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

i agree. as stupidly expensive as coilovers are, there designed to work together. just fitting springs will put a strange damper spring rate combo and more preasure on the stock shock absorbers (not renaults strong point in the past on clios)

although there mega expensive @ £800 the H&R will go a full 60mm/70mm not the lowest compared to the weitek but id think the H&R would be balanced for ride comfort where are the weitek maybe cheap euro coils made for the hardest ride on smooth european tarmac.

that said, a clio 138 shares most things in common with the 197 chassis wise and id expect some H&R`s with 20mm spacers and perhaps a decent 17" 197 alloys to handle pretty s**t hot m8 i.e not far off a cliosport and you have the added bonus with the 138 in thats its all aluminimum engine is light and hence the car is sub 1200kg compared with the 1245kg of the 197.

also

DSC_0029Medium.jpg

if you measure tommorow for me m8 id really appreciate to know the gap height between arch and wheel, will 40-45mm really be low enough for the rear arch to look decent ? looking at that image were only talking about 4cm off that height !

DSCmod.gif

H&R will also be shortened shocks and 60mm front 70mm rear should look more like this

thats looks friggin awesome

RB 200 Cup!
hey, had a bash at a photoshop with turnis and colour coding it, also lowering it (im guessing 70mm) also it has a short ariel :D hope you like.... thing is i emailed ktec and the gt coilovers dont fit the 2.0vvt :( and the coilovers aint out for it yet??? so as far as i no ther is no sus-kit for it?? or am i wrong?

3715705173a8489022179o.jpg

hope u like :D

.piers.

now that looks good!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Hmmmm not sure i agree with that at all!!! Yes its the same shell, but the track is much wider on the 197. According to the hand book i have, a standard 2.0 clio has a track of 1,472m front, 1,450m rear. RS is 1,520m front and rear. The front end has the double axis suspension from the Meg 225, i believe the non RS Clios share a similar set up the the previous MK2 set up. Also 197 aloys wont fit due to the 5 stud fitment.......

I've just out facted Meggerman ;)

Last edited:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I was gonna mention that I didn't think it really share much at all with the 197, but I didn't know the technical differences, so I didn't heh.

IME the RS Clios and the non-RS Clios are very different beasts - this is in both the Mk2 and the Mk3.

Dan

MKIII 138

Hmmmm not sure i agree with that at all!!! Yes its the same shell, but the track is much wider on the 197. According to the hand book i have, a standard 2.0 clio has a track of 1,472m front, 1,450m rear. RS is 1,520m front and rear. The front end has the double axis suspension from the Meg 225, i believe the non RS Clios share a similar set up the the previous MK2 set up. Also 197 aloys wont fit due to the 5 stud fitment.......

I've just out facted Meggerman ;)

you owned me thats true :)

well done :D

i was talking with coils and spacers it would be closer in handling to the 197
also

"To accommodate the larger engine, two-litre Clio models gain uprated front suspension and model-specific stub axles which allow the 280mm diameter, 24mm thick vented front brake discs (compared with 260mm and 22mm in the case of other engines) to be housed inside the 6.5-inch rims (5.5- or 6-inch rims for the rest of the range). The Clio 2.0 16V comes only with 16-inch wheels and 195/90 tyres."

so its not the same as the 1.2tce,1.4,1.6 in this regard. it is uprated on this engine spec as is the steering. brakes are straight from the 182 aswell :)

maybe il get the R27-R next time round ;)

half way down the page is some blurb on the clio 138 and its new engine of which id expect a tuned up version to appear in the next clio sport..

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=343524&page=2&highlight=clio+MKIII

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to seeing the pics mate, I bet it looks crakin' :)

Clio 197 F1
Here are some very quick snaps, will go and get some proper photos at some point.

You might also notice the RS grills and the spoiler which were recently fitted.

DSC_0044Medium-1.jpg

DSC_0045Medium.jpg

DSC_0046Medium.jpg

DSC_0047Medium-1.jpg

DSC_0048Medium.jpg

DSC_0050Medium.jpg

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Ah that looks loads better :D

Can anyone photoshop a set of slightly bigger Turinis and Superleggeras on it? In anthracite, I reckon they might suit it to a tee :)

Slow red one
so was that £200ish all in all? how different is it to drive lowered? anyone know how far you can lower an mk3 with the turbo body kit on?? don't think i can lower it that much or i'd risk damaging it:(. looking forward to buying an RS grill tho:)

Swift Sport
Like it mate, whack some anthracite wheels on there and you're laughing!

Loving the white dials :)

I've lowered mine, and I'm running the same spoiler too :eek:

White Sti Hatch
so was that £200ish all in all? how different is it to drive lowered? anyone know how far you can lower an mk3 with the turbo body kit on?? don't think i can lower it that much or i'd risk damaging it:(. looking forward to buying an RS grill tho:)

The kit dosnt add any lenght to the car at all front slplitter sits at the same height along with skirts and rear so you can go down as far as me if you felt like it...At a Max i would only take a Mk3 80mm 90 at a push on the standard 16" wheels

Swift Sport
just think if i went as low as Dave138's then my sides and front would be very very close to the grond lol....

DSC01286.jpg

my 197 is lowered on H&R 40mm springs, and the rubber splitter does rub on speedbumps and stuff from time to time... so yeah, be careful matey