ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Mk3 Clio Dynamique S 138 2.0

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I like it - it's a really nice colour as well.

Seen as though you're modding it, just wondering (please don't take this as a piss take or anything) why you didn't get a 197? As I know the 138 isn't that much less ££, it's easy nearly new 197 money? Just curious that's all :) The 138 is comfier and a better commuter etc of course, much more economical heh!

Dan

White Sti Hatch

Seen as though you're modding it, just wondering (please don't take this as a piss take or anything) why you didn't get a 197? As I know the 138 isn't that much less ££, it's easy nearly new 197 money? Just curious that's all :) The 138 is comfier and a better commuter etc of course, much more economical heh!

Dan

Will the insurance not be a bit cheaper on the 138 over the 197 even though its a 2.0 ??

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Love it but I dislike those dials....wth happened to the always good looking Renault dials?!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

Dan

Will the insurance not be a bit cheaper on the 138 over the 197 even though its a 2.0 ??

Aye I'd have thought so. It was just an idle curiosity is all, if I was doing a big commute each day or something I don't know if I'd have a 197 either... Actually yea I would, I love it that much hehehe! And 30mpg isn't crap anyway. All these people that say they get over 40mpg and things from 1*2s must drive so gently all the time they may as well have 1.2s IMHO hehe! I only see over 30mpg from the 197 on a long steady 70/80mph run. It was about 31 or something after the drive from here to the ring, over 650 miles iirc, and just 4 laps (about 50 miles I think?) of the ring got that down to in the 29s over the whole, now 700 average heh! So it must have been doing awesome mpg on the ring :) Not that it matterered in the slightest of course.

White Sti Hatch

Aye I'd have thought so. It was just an idle curiosity is all, if I was doing a big commute each day or something I don't know if I'd have a 197 either... Actually yea I would, I love it that much hehehe! And 30mpg isn't crap anyway. All these people that say they get over 40mpg and things from 1*2s must drive so gently all the time they may as well have 1.2s IMHO hehe! I only see over 30mpg from the 197 on a long steady 70/80mph run. It was about 31 or something after the drive from here to the ring, over 650 miles iirc, and just 4 laps (about 50 miles I think?) of the ring got that down to in the 29s over the whole, now 700 average heh! So it must have been doing awesome mpg on the ring :) Not that it matterered in the slightest of course.

Wasnt trying to say thats the reason im just wondering if it would be with it not being a "Sport" model if you get me

Clio 197 F1

Dan

Insurance was the biggest issue, at 19 I couldn't justify £400 per month that bell wanted for a 197. 197 is group 16 and 138 is only a 9.

I'm not going to spend thousands modding it just want make it look a bit more unique don't plan on touching the engine, maybe an air filter at the most.

All I plan on doing is:

- Lowering 45mm
- Spacers on rear, not sure about front yet
- RS front grill
- MK3 spoiler (not the cup)
- Colour co-cordinate side strips
- Maybe spray wheels back or anthracite

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
An that's more than fair enough! £4k a year for insurance is laughable. Personally I don't think I'd ever be able to pay over a grand for insurance again heh. The 197 was a £200 cheaper than the Vee, and that was for 2 months more insurance (Vee was a 10 month bonus accelerator) and protected no claims - but I was 25 with my extra years NCD as well :)

It'll be pretty unique as the 138 is rare anyway, I think a 197 in that colour would be really nice - 197 Rep ;) ?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
sweet looking photoshop that mate, can you point me in the direction of who it was??

Clio 197 F1
Bit of an update,

Have put the cliosport sticker and tax disc holder in and fitted some different side lights (Might not be to everyones taste)

Sticker

DSC_0037Medium.jpg

Tax Disc Holder

DSC_0038Medium.jpg

Ginger Side Lights

DSC_0040Medium.jpg

LED Side Lights

DSC_0041Medium.jpg

Clio 197 F1
Yeah will take some pics tonight.

Also ordered RS grill which should be here on Thursday and spoiler went to bodyshop today and should be ready tomorrow.

White Sti Hatch
only way of really getting bother the RS grills on it is to get the bumper but to get the bumper to fit you need to wings and to make it look right you need the skirts too or you could get the front RS bumper smoothed into the the standard wings at a body shop but would cost alot and plus it still dosnt look right when its done imo...

MKIII 138
Jealous maybe...

i think so, he has a very old car.

you didnt buy it to race around and that sense as you cant on our roads now and fuel,insurance and tax are so stupid its a sound move. will hold value more than a sport model anyway as in a few years not many people (apart from the no house, work 3miles away brigade) will be able to afford a sporty car.

looks great imo, yes needs lowering and spacers but so does the clio 197 !

MKIII 138
hopefully will get mine like this, i could of gone lower for the boyracer effect but id imagine this still a 60mm drop..

DSCmod.gif

sorry for the rough arse shop as im at work doing this

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
^^^^ That looks cool :)

I wouldn't dare lower my 197, the handling is just perfect for me, I'd be so scared of ruining it!

Clio 197 F1
Yeah picked it up today, looks mint. Going to fit it tomorrow night after work. Will get some pics up when its done.

Also piced up the RS grill today.

DSC_0043Medium.jpg

Car looks good. Have you thought about getting coilovers instead of just springs? Or would that affect your insurance premium way too much?

MKIII 138
OMG the PhotoShop looks lush!!!!!!!

Spoiler painted yet?

cheers lol.

its just lowered and with darker wheels cheap to do with springs and a quick re-spray and your almost there, just needs a spoiler, clio 197 top grill on the front.