ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new clio interior rattle HELP!!>>

H22A7 Accord Type R

ok, the car has grown a lovely tingy buzzing rattle, coming from the blower / light dimmer switch, aluminium look trim area of the dash to the right of the steering wheels (rh drive model). This buzz happily buzzes me off whilst driving along the road. It even does it when i dip the clutch, meaning that it cant be my exhaust causing the vibrations etc etc..........so, i could, in theory take it to renault under warranty and moan! However, if i took it in for this, it would come back with some other mark, or screwdriver in the dash or something (i have lots of faith in dealerships cant you tell).

So, has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone know how to get the coloured interior inserts out etc as i want to investigate. so its the right side of the dash from the steering wheel.........cheers all, Rob

Take it back to them...the dealer who I use has a public viewing area and I watch them like a hawk!!!! They know me now and even wave when working on my car, and not a mark on it!! :cool:

H22A7 Accord Type R

cheers mate, i thoght of that, but if i HIT the silver aluminium insert thingy, it shuts up, until i take my hand off it.........then hit it again!!! I shall have a look at that however!! PS, how do u get the tweeter cover off? 1.6 16v told me you simply twist the grille.......anti-clockwise???

Clio 1.6 16V

I had this in my last dynamique. Turned out to be the panel that has the instrument dimmer knob on it. It was rattling in its mounts.

Had exactly the same thing on mine, it was the panel with the headlight height adjuster, something behind that was buzzing. Take it back its under warranty!