ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i get more than -2 degrees camber?

Clio 172 Phase 1
Hello Boys,

i got a little question for my self and i cant awnser it really. I only saw in the internet the Eibach Camber Bolts (they do -2degrees max?)

And i asked myself how do i get more than -2 degrees of camber?
Or how do i get so much Camber like on the pictures i send with? maybe someone know the owner so i could talk to him(i got the picture from here but i cant remember the guy who uploaded it)?

I hope someone can help me

Sam
camber example.png

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Hello Boys,

i got a little question for my self and i cant awnser it really. I only saw in the internet the Eibach Camber Bolts (they do -2degrees max?)

And i asked myself how do i get more than -2 degrees of camber?
Or how do i get so much Camber like on the pictures i send with? maybe someone know the owner so i could talk to him(i got the picture from here but i cant remember the guy who uploaded it)?

I hope someone can help me

Sam
View attachment 1659746
That looks a lot, maybe ok for track with 15" wheels and tall sidewalls.

You need lower adjuster bolts and top camber plates. Each will give you around 2 - 2.5degs.

Clio 172 Phase 1
That looks a lot, maybe ok for track with 15" wheels and tall sidewalls.

You need lower adjuster bolts and top camber plates. Each will give you around 2 - 2.5degs.
i got 15" with tall sidewalls haahha

when i google lower adjuster bolts i find the camber bolts thats correct?
and for the top camber plates i find nothing for clio 172 so i dont know where you find them??

and thanks for your fast awnser

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
There are various styles of top mount available for 172 and 182. Some from memory require cutting the top of the strut which seems a bit much.

A few posts down.

Yes the lower bolts are often called camber bolts - again some are better than others. I have Eibach and they have been fine (not moved).

Clio 172 Phase 1
There are various styles of top mount available for 172 and 182. Some from memory require cutting the top of the strut which seems a bit much.

A few posts down.

Yes the lower bolts are often called camber bolts - again some are better than others. I have Eibach and they have been fine (not moved).
okay thanks for the link i will look if it fits the B14

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I wonder how many thousands of pounds you have save people over the years Brigsy 😂
Go fast on a budget ;) We used to call our mods PMT Development - "Pikey Motor Tuning"

Renault even elongated the holes on the struts on the R5gtt cup racers for up to -3deg negative camber from memory. Also you were allowed to hammer the tca bushes along for more castor. Oldskool way before the bling bits came out!

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
If its purely track then 3degree or whatever your after will be fine, if you use it more on the road, I wouldn't go over 2 max as its horrible to drive imo, pulls all over and never quite composed on the uk road surfaces, even worse when wet, I have roughly 1.8 I think it is and that's just bare able

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Thats the one @Touring_Rob i used a carbide burr and die grinder.

I did find wet road use was skitty with so much camber @npt was a bit overkill. Fine for track if the tyre can handle it.