ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car...again....Kit car content

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Actually looking at it, I don't think your arm would fall into a natural position where it'd touch the exhaust. You'd have to reach for it I think, and the harnesses would probably stop you leaning forward enough to reach it.

I'll try it later

Never in all my years have I ever had anyone touch an exhaust with their hand and burn themselves

Legs however when wearing shorts or skirts loads of times

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23]

I will admit to having variants with the exhaust on the passenger (zetec x-flow) and on the drivers (k-series) side

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Having a few problems bleeding the brakes at the moment. Just cant seem to get a peddle at all. No air flowing from the bleed nipples, but there must be air trapped somewhere. Put a whole litre of fluid through it, and now I've ran out :(

Only thing I can think of is the rear bleed nipples arent the highest point in the system, so air may be getting trapped above them? The rear hoses loop up and into the top of the caliper from above. This sound feasible @harvsurrey ?

I have a decent one man bleed unit , 7 type cars are notorious for being a pain to bleed

2 choices , rubber tube , jam jar and a mate to pump the pedal.

Or invest in a decent one man bleed system.

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Prod...pwj6UzCr1hp-PUq0MaBoCRNwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

You can try other ones but I did (the cheap 15 quid jobbies) and my only real success is with a decent one .

I also recommend Castrol SRF fluid and changing it every spring before using the car for the summer

Just works well in those type of cars

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Hmmmm yeah I've been using the cheap gunson one. Might go old school on it at the weekend

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have a decent one man bleed unit , 7 type cars are notorious for being a pain to bleed

2 choices , rubber tube , jam jar and a mate to pump the pedal.

Or invest in a decent one man bleed system.

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Prod...pwj6UzCr1hp-PUq0MaBoCRNwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

You can try other ones but I did (the cheap 15 quid jobbies) and my only real success is with a decent one .

I also recommend Castrol SRF fluid and changing it every spring before using the car for the summer

Just works well in those type of cars

I have that very bleeder but bought it for the Impreza, in my stupidity I didn't realize that the bleeder only fitted european reservoirs.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I have that very bleeder but bought it for the Impreza, in my stupidity I didn't realize that the bleeder only fitted european reservoirs.

Is it possibly to make alternatives? My rally car runs Compbrake reservoirs and none of the caps in my Gunson kit fitted it, so I bought a spare reservoir and made my own cap.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Is it possibly to make alternatives? My rally car runs Compbrake reservoirs and none of the caps in my Gunson kit fitted it, so I bought a spare reservoir and made my own cap.
I have no idea mate, the kit is bloody good quality and the cap is a solid bit of kit.
It's the good tight seal that you need and I think the Impreza cap is a half turn thing so I don't think it would work even if you was to modify a spare cap.

You might be able to buy extra cap's but I haven't looked into it.

Sorry James for going slightly off topic. [emoji16]

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Another job crossed off tonight. New headlights fitted along with new connectors. Replaced the shitty old ones with something a bit better and also waterproof
IMG_20180504_194454.jpg

Old Vs New

IMG_20180504_193833.jpg

IMG_20180504_195201.jpg

IMG_20180504_210940_359.jpg

New rear arches arrived this morning aswell. REALLY close now

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
You driven this properly yet?

Have had an eBay search on the go for a while, this is the type of spam I get...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123122800790?ul_noapp=true

Oh dear! That's the problem with most of these. They're built and owned by the older gentleman, and they have some very strange ideas on what looks good

I've driven mine about a mile since I bought it in November. It's only a full weekend off being ready for the road now

Very common roll bar use as a forward support is used to give protection from the bar folding .

Usually on sprint cars where the passenger seat is rarely used but you can sit in it.

Full cages which is now the desired way negates their use.

And agree on terrible interiors .... hate them

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Finally got the brakes to bleed up today. What an utter pain in the f**king arse!
Gave up with the easibleed in the end and went back to the old way of doing it with a one-way valve and manually pumping the pedal. s**t load of air came out of the passenger rear caliper.

Things left to do now;
Fit new rear arches
Fit new rear lights
Wire up the auxiliary switch panel
Fit newly painted diffuser
Wrap the nosecone
Paint windscreen surround and brackets

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I can sort of see where they were coming from with white and chrome, but the white diffuser, dodgy plate and leather tonneau cover don't help.

I like what you've done with it!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I can sort of see where they were coming from with white and chrome, but the white diffuser, dodgy plate and leather tonneau cover don't help.

I like what you've done with it!
Cheers mate
Unfortunately I think the tonneau cover will be going back in as there isn't really another solution for covering the boot compartment. Not a simple one anyway.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I quite like the molded ones, but you could probably just give that one a going over with some conditioner to give it a bit of life again. It won't be contrasting against everything now either!

[/QUOTE]
Cheers mate
Unfortunately I think the tonneau cover will be going back in as there isn't really another solution for covering the boot compartment. Not a simple one anyway.[/QUOTE]

Do you need boot access ? I didn't find the space that useful so I covered it with a sheet of honeycomb carbon sandwich

eefb518ae6f0bebc2fa550fc25f68fdb.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Cheers mate
Unfortunately I think the tonneau cover will be going back in as there isn't really another solution for covering the boot compartment. Not a simple one anyway.[/QUOTE]

Do you need boot access ? I didn't find the space that useful so I covered it with a sheet of honeycomb carbon sandwich

eefb518ae6f0bebc2fa550fc25f68fdb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I'd like to keep it accessible if possible yeah, as granted it's not a huge space, but it'd fit a small tent and a few beers in.

I think I'll look into making something like yours but with a lockable flap in it.
I just want get it on the road now though

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Why are the rear arches so wide?
Same width as the standard arches. Narrow bodys have wider arches apparently as the outer track is the same. So to get the wider body, the arches are narrower. According to the guy who made my arches anyway.

Either way, both standard and these are 315mm wide

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Good effort, it looks loads better. Bought a silly engine for it yet?
I'm sure the current one has enough power to get me into trouble. If I get on with it over summer, then this winters job will be cambelt and cams