ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car...again....Kit car content

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Nice looking car

@Waitey the mt75 box isnt quite as rifley like as a type 9

As for tuning potential James there is 250bhp in a zetec on bodies .

What ecu is it running and what chokes in the bodies , find that out first.

I suspect you wont gain much on mapping as it will have been done for the IVA .

Exhaust is also where power is held on the zetec especially in kits , trick manifolds are where its at and decent flowing silencers.

Bigger brakes ... forget that as the MI6 single pot calipers are mega with the right pads , you will spend ££££££ on something else to be better

Spend that money on 13" rims and loose unsprung weight

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's running an emerald K6 mate, but I'm not sure on the the bodies sizes. Just know they're AT bodies.

As for the brakes, I'm sticking with the standard caliper and going for decent pads.

I'm not gonna be spending big money on chasing power etc etc. It's just a bit of weekend fun

A 2.0 stock with the right chokes in the bodies and a good exhaust manifold will give about 175 tops

Ported head

After that your looking at cams with vernier pulleys

And you will see 210bhp

I ended up with just under 500kgs , 240ish bhp

And lots of carbon
96f53e6c65844244de2df112cd34c0f3.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
A 2.0 stock with the right chokes in the bodies and a good exhaust manifold will give about 175 tops

Ported head

After that your looking at cams with vernier pulleys

And you will see 210bhp

I ended up with just under 500kgs , 240ish bhp

And lots of carbon View attachment 1350103

What classes as a good exhaust manifold?

The one it's currently running..
IMG_20171120_193441.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Did a few little bits earlier

I've removed all the wet weather gear and sold it as it'll never see a wet day anyway. The money I got for that has paid for the new seats.
Drilling rivets out is boring as f**k! Soon got bored of that so I decided to take the old seats out and make sure the new ones fit.

Unbolted the harnesses
IMG_20171228_144803.jpg

Seats whipped out
IMG_20171228_150026.jpg

New drivers seat slotted straight in with room to spare!
IMG_20171228_150519.jpg

IMG_20171228_150527.jpg

IMG_20171228_150633.jpg
IMG_20171228_150646.jpg

I've also taken the centre tunnel top panels out ready to retrim those and replace the red gaitors. Not got pics of that though.

Tomorrow I really need to sort my garage out though as I'm getting pissed off with s**t being everywhere and unorganised, and nowhere to put stuff down

RB Clio 182
Did a few little bits earlier

I've removed all the wet weather gear and sold it as it'll never see a wet day anyway. The money I got for that has paid for the new seats.
Drilling rivets out is boring as f**k! Soon got bored of that so I decided to take the old seats out and make sure the new ones fit.

Unbolted the harnesses
View attachment 1350716

Seats whipped out
View attachment 1350717

New drivers seat slotted straight in with room to spare!
View attachment 1350718
View attachment 1350719

View attachment 1350720 View attachment 1350721

I've also taken the centre tunnel top panels out ready to retrim those and replace the red gaitors. Not got pics of that though.

Tomorrow I really need to sort my garage out though as I'm getting pissed off with s**t being everywhere and unorganised, and nowhere to put stuff down
Plastic seats?

Is it quick mate?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Picked up some new front wings this week. They're the "sport" style wings with flat tops. GBS sell these for 80 quid each! I found a guy on eBay who makes them to order for 60 quid, a pair! Couple that with eBay's 20% offer last week and I got them for £48.

Old
IMG_20171212_154828.jpg

New (placed on, not fixed yet)
IMG_20180106_092639.jpg

IMG_20180106_092624.jpg

IMG_20180106_092629.jpg

I also picked up a set of cheap mintex 1144 pads this morning from a chap on one of the forums, so I fitted them earlier on.

I then got pissed off with the state of my garage and not being able to put anything down anywhere so I've started to sort it. Gonna order a small skip next week to get rid of a load of s**t that I've accumulated over the year while doing the garden

IMG_20180106_162228.jpg

IMG_20180106_162212.jpg

IMG_20180106_162204.jpg

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
If it did cause issues you could always drill afew rows of small holes or larger ones backed with some black mesh, youd hardly see them and possibly sort the “issue”

What forums are there for kitcars? I was on the madaboutkitcars forum but its proper dead

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
If it did cause issues you could always drill afew rows of small holes or larger ones backed with some black mesh, youd hardly see them and possibly sort the “issue”

What forums are there for kitcars? I was on the madaboutkitcars forum but its proper dead
Yeah not a bad shout that, mate!

There's locostbuilders, rhocar and another that I can't remember.
There's nothing that's as busy as here though

It's going to cause zero issues for me, as I don't care about a slight bit of lift at the front or whatever. It's a play thing
Is that worth just reading back to yourself, fella? Surely the last thing you want at 30/50/70+ is lift at the front of a very light sports car? Having done 70+ in mine, light/no steering is not something I'd chance for the sake of a few quid or some time drilling holes (as per the suggestion above).

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Is that worth just reading back to yourself, fella? Surely the last thing you want at 30/50/70+ is lift at the front of a very light sports car? Having done 70+ in mine, light/no steering is not something I'd chance for the sake of a few quid or some time drilling holes (as per the suggestion above).
Am I completely underestimating the aerodynamic effect they have then? Lol I thought it was only a suggestion based on losing time over laps of a track. If it can have that much of a negative impact on just general driving then I'll get some holes cut in them

Am I completely underestimating the aerodynamic effect they have then? Lol I thought it was only a suggestion based on losing time over laps of a track. If it can have that much of a negative impact on just general driving then I'll get some holes cut in them
It wont have huge effect at road speed , but understeer if geo is set right isnt so bad unless at 60+

The aero of a 7 type car is that of a brick anyway

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I'm jealous mate, how're you finding it so far?
I've done less than 2 miles in it since I bought it mate. It's in the garage up on axle stands at the moment. It won't be out till the weather improves in a few months

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Don't be such a girl 😂 wrap up and check a lid on.
I've been looking in to the MK and MNR kits recently, you'll have to bring it along to blyton :up:
Yeah I'm gonna look into the logistics of it. Not much room for the camping gear lol

I like the MKs but not keen on the MNR front nosecone

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Funnily enough I quite like the MNR nosecones, makes them stand out from the crowd a little.
Any particular reason for going for a car engined kit?
The main reason being I have no experience of bike engines, so thought I'd struggle to fix it. Reality is though it's just an engine at the end of the day so probably no difference in that sense.

Extra torque? I'll throw that in as a reason aswell lol

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The main reason being I have no experience of bike engines, so thought I'd struggle to fix it. Reality is though it's just an engine at the end of the day so probably no difference in that sense.

Extra torque? I'll throw that in as a reason aswell lol

Fair point well taken, bike engines can be tempremental.
what powers it making roughly?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Fair point well taken, bike engines can be tempremental.
what powers it making roughly?
Hmmmm well I don't know for sure as it's never been roaded. A 2.0 zetec on bodies should be around 170bhp, but I'm sure the guy I bought it off said it was only running the Emerald base map, so I can't see it running the most it can. I'll be getting the mapping looked into in a few months to make sure it's running ok

Rare as in you don't need vented on a light car with the MI-16 calipers all it achieves is adding weight

the object is loose unsprung weight

these were mine , solid , on ali bells and holes like a swiss cheese

zetec_08.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Took more bits off today. Will soon be back to kit form
IMG_20180210_173514.jpg

Fake carbon on a few trim peices
IMG_20180210_190314.jpg

Garage floor isn't quite so cold now either
IMG_20180210_135605.jpg

I'm now concentrating on getting the interior finished and the new seats bolted in before I start ripping anything else off.

Suspension off next