ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car...again....Kit car content

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Glad you're here..who do you recommend for insurance mate?
Footman James.

I pay £177 a year for my Red one. (5000 mile limit)

I pay £231 for my Blue one with 3 track days covered and agreed value of £15k. (4000 mile limit)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Footman James.

I pay £177 a year for my Red one. (5000 mile limit)

I pay £231 for my Blue one with 3 track days covered and agreed value of £15k. (4000 mile limit)
Yeah they were top of my list to try. I'll give them a call now:up:

RB Clio 182
Came home from the pub drunk and went into the garage to sit in it. So sad 😂
Will you gopro your face when giving it some mate?

5DE27F47-1DD9-488E-BD79-B7F5CFE1731B.gif

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Would love to have a close-up look at one of these. Always fancied a kit car at some point and these seem such good value.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Just insured it. Bit more than I was hoping but all quotes were around the same. 1500 miles a year, 270 quid

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Driven it for the first time today. Was soaking wet but couldn't resist! It's now covered in s**t and I got soaked hitting a big puddle. Straight to the face :(

Quick exhaust video. Don't think I'll get on track with it how it is so may have to look into making it a touch quieter

RB Clio 182
Driven it for the first time today. Was soaking wet but couldn't resist! It's now covered in s**t and I got soaked hitting a big puddle. Straight to the face 😧

Quick exhaust video. Don't think I'll get on track with it how it is so may have to look into making it a touch quieter

Nice hat!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Ordered some smaller indicators for it
IMG_20171212_150344.jpg

Took a caliper off and the pads out to see which were fitted so that I can get something more track orientated ordered off George.
IMG_20171212_154828.jpg

I also sorted the fuel gauge sender out the other day. Dodgy connection, so recrimped and heat shrunk it all and now it's working fine.

Few jobs to sort out over winter include;
removing the windscreen frame and getting it painted/powder coated black along with the brackets.

Decent discs/pads.

Get rid of all the red in the interior, and retrim the tunnel with alacantara style s**t.

Seat change.

Get rid of the ignition barrel and fit an ignition switch and push button start.

3way switch for the map switching, ready to get it mapped up properly next year

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
AWESOME. always wanted one of these. gunna wait til im 30 (2years) and buy one. so cool.
you still going aero with the screen or you keeping it now with having frame powdercoated?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
AWESOME. always wanted one of these. gunna wait til im 30 (2years) and buy one. so cool.
you still going aero with the screen or you keeping it now with having frame powdercoated?
Yeah I've decided to keep the normal screen mate. I don't fancy having to wear a helmet everytime I drive it, which I'd have to do with the aeroscreen

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Fvcking awesome.

I’d love one thats as quick as a bike to smoke these utter arse pirates in the highlands during the summer. Lottery win i’ll 100% buy that Ariel Atom V8 they’re selling for 225k first lol.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You can't be too old but you can be too fat! My that my dad who's 72 had to sell his fiat barchetta because he couldn't climb out of it anymore [emoji23]

Nice looking car

@Waitey the mt75 box isnt quite as rifley like as a type 9

As for tuning potential James there is 250bhp in a zetec on bodies .

What ecu is it running and what chokes in the bodies , find that out first.

I suspect you wont gain much on mapping as it will have been done for the IVA .

Exhaust is also where power is held on the zetec especially in kits , trick manifolds are where its at and decent flowing silencers.

Bigger brakes ... forget that as the MI6 single pot calipers are mega with the right pads , you will spend ££££££ on something else to be better

Spend that money on 13" rims and loose unsprung weight

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk