ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 271bhp Hyundai i30

I actually quite like this!
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/hyundai-reveals-first-ever-hot-hatch-meet-the-271bhp-i30-n/

IMG_5584.JPG
IMG_5585.JPG
IMG_5586.JPG

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not too bad. A bit Ford looking from the front, a little VAG at the rear. Almost a Foolf or Gocus...

Would have been nice to be a bit more daring with the overall shape though - like they did with their Veloster. It's perhaps a little too safe.

Manual though! :hearteyes:

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
But owns a Reno :grimacing:
Hyundai is a proper pikey pensioner car brand. No heritage in performance etc which is something I'd like in a car I actually want to own, would be great for a quick daily or something though.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
You can't make a performance car purchase just based off logic and facts, you have to actually want it too. Hence why some people buy Porsche 911's for the heritage and suchlike over Nissan GTRs even though the Nissan is cheaper and faster using your logic.

Astra TT
Not too bad. A bit Ford looking from the front, a little VAG at the rear. Almost a Foolf or Gocus...

Would have been nice to be a bit more daring with the overall shape though - like they did with their Veloster. It's perhaps a little too safe.

Manual though! :hearteyes:
I was thinking it looks a bit VOLVO from the front. Very nice all the same, I think the colour helps a lot.

Evo 5 RS
You can't make a performance car purchase just based off logic and facts, you have to actually want it too. Hence why some people buy Porsche 911's for the heritage and suchlike over Nissan GTRs even though the Nissan is cheaper and faster using your logic.
As much as I get where you're coming from, if being entirely honest those are niche cars with real heritage. Not shopping carts

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
All heritage has to start somewhere! They certainly seem to have gone about it the right way from the rallying pedigree and evo reviews of development etc

Just a shame the Base model isn't much of a looker itself, anything based on its gonna be a bit dull. Hence, more excited for the veloster

Like that. From what's been said in Evo on a it's going to be an absolute cracker of a Hot Hatch, could be a surprise package. Renaultsport have to nail this new Megane, the competition is so high nowadays.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
270 horses, launch control, switchable rev matching and LSD (yes it's a leccy dif, could still be good). There is rally pedigree, believe Haydon padden drives one in WRC. I bet it's cheap and reliable, what's not to like???

Evo 5 RS
270 horses, launch control, switchable rev matching and LSD (yes it's a leccy dif, could still be good). There is rally pedigree, believe Haydon padden drives one in WRC. I bet it's cheap and reliable, what's not to like???
The badge (apparently)
It's good to break the norm. Although that's assuming it's any good!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Yep it cant be any worse than a Vauxhall so why not.
I wouldn't normally but why not.
Also if it depreciates like other models from this brand it will be a 2yr old bargain.

Will be interesting to see what the reviews say once it's properly driven.

Hyundai is a proper pikey pensioner car brand. No heritage in performance etc which is something I'd like in a car I actually want to own, would be great for a quick daily or something though.

I reckon it'll be a cracker, they've got the former head of BMW's M division running the show IIRC so some decent engineering brains going on.

evo's review of the development car was very positive indeed, and the former-BMW chap looks to have been given an open chequebook to get it developed as a desirable and capable car, regardless of what the piece of plastic stuck on the bonnet is and what engendered stereotypes in the mind of the public say.

I'm not sure why the hate towards a brand looking to mark a line in the sand and then go forward from there as a creator of quality performance cars - they have to start somewhere.

Besides, what's more fun - swanning about in a Porker going "look at me, I'm so rich and I bought a car the blokes down the golf club agree is 'the right car' for my age and desired image", or driving the tits off something that shouldn't be as good as it is, annoying drivers of known-fast cars that have zero skills and just rely on straight line power to show how 'good' they are? As we should all know, what with being French shopping trolley enthusiasts, a well-pedalled, well-set-up, cheap and debatable-quality hot hatch is capable of showing a 'performance car' a clean pair of heels when driven properly across country.

Westy. MX5
Not going to be sub £25k I reckon, A fully specced up normal I30 can be over £21k. They are already in Golf and A3 territory pricewise. Nevertheless it will make a change from the usual low power petrol Hyundais that are popular with the pensioner brigade who buy them cause, "it will see me out" cliché.
Hang on a minute-----------------I'm a pensioner but I don't do old boys stuff:tongueout:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I think this could be a good buy if the price is right. Looks pretty good, has someone with plenty of experience behind it and seems to do the numbers. They don't have the name in performance road cars, but they are certainly going the right way about changing it. They have a decent chunk of motorsport heritage too...

11_hyundai_coupe_e2.jpg

hyundai_accent_wrc_2002_01.jpg

Hyundai-Accent_WRC_mp23_pic_21948.jpg
hyundaii20wrc-l-c7957032b7417d6d.jpg
wrc-rally-monte-carlo-2016-thierry-neuville-nicolas-gilsoul-hyundai-i20-wrc-hyundai-motors.jpg
10330_Hyundai_Hyundai_Team-cover-2017_1.jpg
P000033728_E000065834.jpg

The i30 N has already raced at the 'ring too:
2018-hyundai-i30-n-races-in-the-2017-24-hours-nrburgring_100608193_h.jpg

Interesting times. They may find it tough to break into a competitive hot hatch market but they seem to be trying hard. Hyundai have come a long way since the crappy stuff they were producing 15 years ago.

Listerine & Poledo
lol at "has no heritage".
ffs, the company has only been making cars since 1975, and look how far they've come!
Anyone who drives a Renault and wants to argue about build quality, they need to wind that neck right in.

I'd have one of those over a Clio, Golf or Focus, no mistake.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
There was a few of these lapping the ring when I was out there a few weeks back. Going well and sounded good!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

It's a mechanical diff according to pistonheads!
I quite like it. It's success in the uk will probably be based around what deals can be had I imagine. But if it has the 7 year warranty or whatever they have nowadays then it'll be onto a good start for a lot of people who buy rather than rent their cars.