ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Neil's Exige

Clio 182
Turbos took a dip a few years back and were regularly trading for circa £15k, they turned into really great investments for those that spotted it and had the cash.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Few parts started to arrive for the car , and had a bit of time now I'm home from work to start going through the car .
Looks to have a lot of nice parts but also a few bodges so will take a little bit more work than I thought.
I have got some oil temp and pressure gauges , may use the temp one for the gearbox to start with to get an idea of how hot the box actually gets.

Unfortunately due to a mix up at the dvla the V5 got lost , so have now had to re apply, this has also meant i can't road tax the car :cry:

Did get my road wheels mounted up and adjusted the ride height up as it was set at 105 front /115 rear when loaded with 75kg in each seat.

1485299188.jpg

1485299764.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Few parts started to arrive for the car , and had a bit of time now I'm home from work to start going through the car .
Looks to have a lot of nice parts but also a few bodges so will take a little bit more work than I thought.
I have got some oil temp and pressure gauges , may use the temp one for the gearbox to start with to get an idea of how hot the box actually gets.

Unfortunately due to a mix up at the dvla the V5 got lost , so have now had to re apply, this has also meant i can't road tax the car :cry:

Did get my road wheels mounted up and adjusted the ride height up as it was set at 105 front /115 rear when loaded with 75kg in each seat.

1485299188.jpg

1485299764.jpg
I've lost track of the Awesome Points accumulated here.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Mega wants. Still the most exhilarating car I've driven/been in. Love them.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks I have a feeling its going to take a while to get use to but going to be a fun little car to own.
Just had it aligned this morning , going for a mid point between road and track also had it weighed and its heavier than I thought it would be at 915kg with full fuel :fearscream:

Over the next two days i plan to strip the rear clam off fit baffled sump, oil coolers and try to make some form of useable boot space while trying to keep weight down as much as possible.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
So today the car came to bits, and is now in the rebuild stage complete with now having a boot/storage space .

Looks cool with the roof off.

1486070922.jpg

Rear spoiler,roof and rear clam removed

1486070926.jpg

1486070928.jpg

Rear storage box , front is covered in a double layer of heat barrier with around 2" of clearance from the manifold. Still have access to the battery and have air flow either side to allow heat to escape through the rear vents.

1486070932.jpg

Rebuild started with new seals around the top of the clam

1486070934.jpg

I have also mounted a 16 Row Mocal oil cooler in the nearside vent , and fitted a baffled sump . Cooler take off will be here tomorrow then I can get the piping finished for that.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Oil cooler is now fitted in the nearside rear , I will monitor temps and if needed vent the arch liner to increase flow.

1486331873.jpg

Gauges now fitted and wired

1486331874.jpg

Ive also added extra bracing to the front splitter as it was flexing above 80mph and actually hitting the road, I also had to modify a front tow post to work with the gt3 clam.

1486331856.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Something about that colour that lords multiple dude points!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
The colour was the main thing that attracted me to the car , which is weird as don't really like BRG .

Had the car out today and happy to say the front end no longer flexes and hits the road and can now stand on the splitter .
Ive still to make two little trim pieces for the side of the boot box, but atlas now have somewhere to put stuff if going for a run or to a track day.

1486490678.jpg

1486490683.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Another big thanks to wheelcoat for the 2 day turn around on my wheels even though I said no rush lol

1486659987.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Tried something a little different on the front , mainly to cover up a bit of damage to the front splitter from where it has hit the road not sure if i like it or not .

1486738362.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
As above really with things offshore still having no security , i decided to pull some cash out of cars. This is still fun and gives me something to mess around with but as you say its no Porsche.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. That splitter is just ridiculous.

It is fairly huge but actually not too bad on the road I clear the same speed bumps that I did in the Porsche. The splitter leads onto a full flat floor and rear diffuser. I now have the mid tray fitted under the engine with naca ducts to feed air to the sump and gearbox.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
This is pretty damn cool! Love it, great "downgrade" if you can call it that.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking forward to the better weather and actually getting some use out of it , a mix of crap weather and being away so much with work means I've only did a couple of hundred miles in it :(
Can tell its going to be fun but definitely need ear plugs on a longer run with the supercharger being 8" behind your head

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks the floor is starting to sow its age now, really need to have a clear out then pressure wash the floor. I now have a pit to use and big shed so shouldn't need to work on cars as much in my garage.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
When I bought the car I new the previous owner had the Nitrons revalved and spring rates change by corneringforce , what I didnt know was this was only part of the package it should have had.
The package Corneringforce had put together was meant to run adjustable front and rear roll bars , standard they dont run a rear. By running adjustable bars you can run springs that are a lot softer than would normally be used to give the best mix of road and track use.

Front bladed bar can be adjusted in second on the car
14727421_1889903691245656_1058631940074110976_n.jpg

Rear is 3 position adjustable like the whiteline clio ones
16123327_1224295761018531_7290447989842116608_n.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I had heard about these engines breathing heavy so thought i would be better to fit catch cans if I'm going to track it , went with Sector11 quick cans.

Look to be well thought out as far as separation but not overly impressed with the fit, I'm not sure if there as meant for NA cars as one of the hoses rubs on the intercooler mount bracket so will have to mod that a little.

1489780739.jpg

Also fitted a removable wheel to make getting in and out a little easier.

1489780743.jpg

Elise
That is one awesome looking exige :hearteyes:
Fairly heavy though isn't it...that'll take the edge off the performance. This S1 I built weighs 700 kilos and has just over 300hp N/A :smiley:

5750F43D-EA38-47AB-9871-6BD9FBC06597_zpswfp6sklg.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yip I was fairly shocked at the weight as the clams are very light. It does have fulll touring pack so stereo, ac, extra sound deadening.
I originally wanted a S1 as they are a lot lighter to start with, and actually prefer the looks.