ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Neil's Exige

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly now sold , took something fun in px though

Last pic with the silver wheels re fitted.
1482192171.jpg

Loaded up
1482253600.jpg

Replacement

1482254375.jpg

1482274101.jpg

1482275041.jpg

56499a4b0c24f.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Porsche was awesome and the PX is too, you'll have some fun in that I'm sure!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Love that. What's the spec?

Wow! Got wing much! Upgrade complete!

It's certainly a ' big gay wing ' but function over form. The rear diffuser is fairly large aswell.

2006 exige s withe supercharge Toyota engine
Power

288bhp - RSTuning
Pro alloy charge cooler
Pro alloy triple pass rad
TRD air intake
550cc injectors
260 cup fuel pump
2.9" charger pulley
2ubular manifold
2ubular 3" exhaust

Gearbox
Exedy clutch
LSD
Rebuilt box
Jubu 3rd 4th gears

Bodywork
Carbon front splitter
Alloy rear diffuser
Carbon rear wing
260 cup roof
Carbon GT3 clams -5" wider than a exige
Led lights
Lotus green respray

Interior
Alcantara momo wheel
Probax seats
alcantara door inserts
Carbon dipped side/dash panels - will be getting flocked

Chassis
Nitron shocks
powdercoated , rebuilt wishbones
AP292 front discs
Pagid RS14 pads
Braided lines
pro race 1.2 wheels
16 x 7 front 195 AO48 tyres
17 x 9 rear 255 AO48 tyres

Last edited:

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Before you put that, I thought it was on a 66 plate. I would never have guessed it was 10 years old!

Nope this switch was only made to pull some money out of my cars rather than going the other way , as ideally want to buy a rental flat next year .

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Couple more pics , have a few little planned jobs to cary out over winter.
1.Hate the carbon dipped interior parts so these will be getting flocked.
2.Need to adjust the drivers door glass for a better seal
3.Fancy a change of wheels or wheel colour

GT312.jpg

GT36%20copy.png

288%20run%20copy.jpg

IMG_3198%20copy.jpg

IMG_3194%20copy.jpg

IMG_3185-1.jpg

154B5D4B-954D-4983-9242-C2DFEACD9F9B_zpszzc2ahdj.jpg

0B62D420-AB9D-41B5-B5AD-036054CA472E_zps4izp14aa%20copy.jpg

BD733522-39A0-453D-A23C-1695E3111F0A_zpspeai6b4j_1.jpg

Wheel style / colour I'm thinking of - problem is finding something in a 17x9 and low offset to fill the rear arches

s-l1600.jpg

jr3-br-alloy-wheels.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
The rear view is non existant as the charge cooler,engine cover,spoiler is in the way so may cover the bulkhead in gold reflective film
GT310%20copy.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
He sold it a while ago , i believe he was a friend of the guy that originally built it.
If you search under LOTZILLA on you tube there is a vide o from when he was telling it.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
That is seriously cool. Was there not only a few GT3 shell/clams left? What are the panel gaps like?
I drove a friends and the noise is superb think yours is higher spec so cant imagine what its like. Enjoy!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
IMG_1456.JPG

Don't mean to hijack but very similar. Body work needs attention on this but seriously cool.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
That looks cool I've had a look around online for other gt3's and converted cars but never seen that one before.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
That's f**king beautiful.

Your wheel choice is horrendous though.
I think it's going to be a hard car to find wheels for bar going to something like image or braid custom wheels.
I've seen one on volks and liked it but think the dark bronze colour will work well with the green.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I think it's going to be a hard car to find wheels for bar going to something like image or braid custom wheels.
I've seen one on volks and liked it but think the dark bronze colour will work well with the green.
Message bigash mate. He had/has an exige with a wide bodykit, so he will have a good idea of what wheels were available.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Ash doesn't have it any more he sold it to big Will Pedley , but that car was converted to 5 stud and ran BMW CSL wheels. Should be a cool car though with Wils skills and it's getting a 1.6 ecoboost engine.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ash doesn't have it any more he sold it to big Will Pedley , but that car was converted to 5 stud and ran BMW CSL wheels. Should be a cool car though with Wils skills and it's getting a 1.6 ecoboost engine.
I didn't think he had tbh mate, but I wasn't 100% sure. I remembered about the csl wheels though! Lol!
Sounds like it will be an interesting project then.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
These cars run a 4x100 wheel so a lot more options that the S1 that had a weird pcd.
With my car having the gt3 clams it's a good bit wider they normally run a 7.5 x17 on the back I have a 9 x17 but really need a lower offset to remove the spacer that's fitted justnow.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Still away with work so still not drove this properly yet 😧
Have ordered a few parts ready to fit when I get home , baffled sump, oil cooler and a few little interior parts.
Ive also ordered a set of wheels and AD08 tyres to use on the road .
I have talked to a motorsport fabricator also about a long term plan of possibly making me a set of rear wishbones that are 45mm wider than standard , this would be to loose the rear spacers and push the wheels out a little more. I did look at custom 17x 10 ET0 wheels but looking at 2K + , so will stick to the spacers justnow.

Couple of the car during the build

Carbon intake funnelling up to the radiator

crashbox_zps6259a171.jpg

Front clam and mock up splitter

IMG_0341.jpg

wide rear

IMG_0340.jpg

Last edited:

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Very expensive niche car

Turbo was the better option imo.

911 turbo + k20 s1 Elise (+Elise motorsport clams) not an option ?

I agree the Porsche was a better car in almost every way and like I have said will probably be the best car I will ever own , BUT this will do most of what the porsche did for less than half the cost and also probably be more fun on track.

Clio 182
Just read through this thinking "I know this car from somewhere" to find that it went to Ken @ Nine Excellence, I look after some of his client's car's mapping and their work is always interesting!

The Lotus looks epic though, I'll be interested in seeing how that pans out

330i. E30 Touring.
How much?! Didnt know older 911's like that fetched such money.

You can get a 996 for £10k. But the Turbo starts at £35k for an Auto. £40k for a rough-ish manual.

As soon as you go older than 996, well, you can spend as much as you have.