ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Neighbour Scraped my Car

Clio 172 Phase 2
Sorry to hear this, can't help regards the bloke but cost wise, neighbour did this below

y6e8a7an.jpg

And it cost him £385 for sorting it due to blending into the door, whole rear quarter being sprayed and half of the rear bumper.

Just got it back an hour ago and they've done a good job. Even got a free touchup pot out of it
Did the person that crashed into u pay for that or yourself. It's a hell of a lot of money for such little scratches

182 Cup
Did the person that crashed into u pay for that or yourself. It's a hell of a lot of money for such little scratches
Bloke paid it. 2 different quotes the same price, its because of the colour being a pain in the arse so there has to be a lot of blending in

BMW 840i Gran Coupe
It's all going through insurance. I want it done properly and don't really trust my neighbour. Seems likes that kind of guy!
I just hope it'll be sorted by CSS!

182 ff
who of you lot would own up to scraping a car?
I had a 1970 beetle once(like a tank) I parked in the supermarket,came out and the whole of the front wing dented and light half off.
their car must of been a right off.
a neighbours relative used to park over are drive, block us in, over and over.i used to tell them but they still did it.
anyway one day I couldnt get in drive way again, parked outside a few spaces up.
I was getting a wheelchair out of the boot(we live on a hill) I went to close the boot,looked round and saw the wheel chair wizzing off,
I ran after it but could stop it
it scrapped all the side of their car.
I went round and told them, they never parked there again ha ha

RB 200
who of you lot would own up to scraping a car?
I had a 1970 beetle once(like a tank) I parked in the supermarket,came out and the whole of the front wing dented and light half off.
their car must of been a right off.
a neighbours relative used to park over are drive, block us in, over and over.i used to tell them but they still did it.
anyway one day I couldnt get in drive way again, parked outside a few spaces up.
I was getting a wheelchair out of the boot(we live on a hill) I went to close the boot,looked round and saw the wheel chair wizzing off,
I ran after it but could stop it
it scrapped all the side of their car.
I went round and told them, they never parked there again ha ha

me ... when I first passed my test I was in a rush for football training and pulled off the drive, reversing straight into the guy across the roads pre-wrecked 206.

I stopped and went straight to see him to let him know what had happened, explained I was in a rush and would be back later, I told him i'd pay for any repair costs, but luckily it was a wreck anyway and a a big dint in the wing wasn't going to make any difference,

decent result that time, but I learnt a lesson, and I'd definitely stop to tell someone i;d hit them if i did

Well, some idion in caar park had parked on the white line and slightly over into the next parking space, was really busy so wasn't going to look around for another spot.

I pulled in as best I could (my driving side facing his driving side) and just managed to squeeze out of my car door without hitting his car, anyone bigger than me which is most people would have had trouble getting in without hitting the car.

But with a cheap clio and the fact his car must have been worth about 10x more than mine I figured chances are he would have been careful when getting into his car.

Finished work and went to have a look, wasn't too surprised when I saw his door had hit me, was only a little scratch and I had a touch up kit that I bought a few days earlier so didn't let it get to me.

Partly my fault for parking that close, but if I'd parked any further over then the guy in the next spot could have faced same issue and he was parked just fine, obviously in such a busy car park and no cctv there was little chance of him owning up or contacting me, so just touched it up with paint pen and forgot about it.

BMW 840i Gran Coupe
I'd definitely own up to scraping a car, an acquaintance of mine once hit a car as their's wasn't starting and it just rolled back. She was just going to try and cover it up, but I had 3 £50 notes in my pocket, and just handed it over, the bloke who's Mazda 6 (he had a crack in his bumper) [But the car was quite tatty all round] it was, was happy and I felt better than she hadn't denied all knowledge. She probably would have just driven away if I wasn't there! People don't realise how much stuff like this costs! I hate people that just think, oh, it's only a small scrape, it'll only cost £50 from a dent repair guy! Just pisses me right off! I have a feeling I'll be turning up to CSS in a Courtesy Car! :(

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I don't really understand why you've got your insurer involved. When my neighbour hit me, her insurance dealt with everything. I never once called my insurer to arrange anything.

Oh, and declaring the incident cost the the grand total of £0.00 come renewal.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I read the title of this as "Neighbour Scrapped My Car" - that would of been a lot worse!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
b*****d c**ts! Definitely report to police and as the others say check his wagon for your paint.

Yes that sounds like the right thing to do, given that if you read the actual thread the neighbour has admitted it in full, gave his insurance details and says he tried to knock on the OP's door to let him know it had happened too but got no reply.

So without doubt he is a b*****d c**t who needs reporting to the police for being honest and helpful and decent about it.

BMW 840i Gran Coupe
I read the title of this as "Neighbour Scrapped My Car" - that would of been a lot worse!

I keep reading it as that too!

It won't cost me anything. If I hadn't called my insurance company to notify them, I doubt he would have declared it to be honest!

BMW 840i Gran Coupe
Got my like for like courtesy car yesterday.

A 61-plate BMW 120D Sport. 184hp. 280 lb.ft torque. 142 mph top speed. 7.2 seconds to 62mph

Pretty well matched!

Auto and am very pleased.