ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Clio 1.6 16V Initiale Paris.

Clio Mk2 P1
Hi all,

Name's Tom and I am now the proud owner of a funky looking (apparently) limited edition W-reg Clio.
Had a bit of a disaster on the M62 on the 22nd of December while out delivering Xmas cards. Some severe weather the likes of which you've never seen blew in and I aqua-planed into the central reservation. Wasn't hurt and the police on site complimented me on managing to avoid anyone else.

That did in my beloved SXI+ 1.4 Corsa C which was written off. Absoultely gutted.

Anyway, I had a look-see round for something new and instead of rolling up tons of finance debt, I decided to get something temporary.
That's when my girlfriend told me her Gran was getting rid of her Clio becase she's had a few operations etc and isn't comfortable driving anymore. I went and had a look and found it was a bit older than I expected, but then I saw the full-leather, door plates and some unusual looking alloys.

It was made in 2000, PH1 and only had 69k miles on the clock. She asked £500 from me and I said yes as I was a bit desperate to get back on the road for work.

So I took it home and here's Wiston.
_DSC0078_zpsd91ae107.jpg

_DSC0080_zps7f434f89.jpg

_DSC0079_zpsae51d681.jpg

It's in surprisingly good order, I think for its age and there are only a few dings on the off-side:

_DSC0082_zpsa6ab8aee.jpg

_DSC0081_zpscb675fa1.jpg

Fortunately, my local garage is going to do a touch-up on the paintwork and a full service on it for about £200.
Day after these photos I replaced the ruined wipers with some Bosch flat blades and all is well!

The lighs need cleaning up and some new plates are about to be ordered from DemonPlates.com. Also needs a full mopping to find what that green actually looks like!

As I'm new to Clios, I don't know what to do next. Not really into any performance mods and I'm getting about 41MPG out of it at the moment, which is nice.

Any thoughts?

Tom

Clio Mk2 P1
Cheers Boosh.

About to order my new plates. Does anyone have experience with Demonplates.com and can recommend for or against?
Also, I want a green border and badge on there, which I hear is a bit of a grey-area road-legal wise, can anyone advise?

Clio Mk2 P1
Cheers guys, had it a few weeks now and I really love it. Going into the shop on the 10th for its big service and have the dent and scratches sorted out.
Why is it so rare then? I've looked everywhere and can't find cruise control and there's no climate in there, so I didn't think it'd be that rare.

Clio Mk2 P1
Got it back from the garage today, had a service and the paint work fixed up. Looking good, need a couple of days clear weather so I can mop it!