ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new BMW 535d M-Sport Touring.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Picked it up from deepest darkest Scotland on Saturday, 535d M-Sport Touring in Silver Grey with grey leather and dark wood + loads of extras, electric heated memory seats, panoramic roof, pro sat nav, tv, 6cd changer, active steering, adaptive bi xenon headlights, electric tail gate, tinted rear windows, folding mirrors, head up display etc etc. Original bill of sale is here for over £50k :eek:
Goes pretty well for a big estate, 280bhp and 420lb/ft certainly help in that department. Just needs the front bumper painted as theres a mark on it, a tow bar fitted and obviously a remap to 340bhp and 500+lb/ft, should help the mpg too as its only doing about 34mpg atm on a run.
Russ
13drhx.jpg

13drhk.jpg

13drhj.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice!!

Some blue strobes in the front grill and you will never encounter a traffic jam for the rest of your life!

(Oh, and remove that //M badge on the back! Its awful!)

Evo 5 RS
lucky guy looks grand - That's ten more torque than the DBS (and that's the standard figure too!) - scary when you think of it like that

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Love these. Fantastic engine.

Get your self a visi vest to wear whilst driving.

Italian 3.2 V6
Aahhhh so this was why u were totaly fucked on sat night! Out celebrating! LOL!

Very nice btw! Remap asap!!!!

PSJ.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
tasty, shame its not got the revised start/stop ignition, think it was late 55reggers that came in on. 277bhp cant be argued with though. Not overly keen on the grey leather either, but still a quality machine.

Try e-maps for the remap, cheaper than DMS and the guy simon travels also.

Oh and since tightknob stuck with the standard 18s, have a hunt for the spider 19s - immense. Much more presence

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
tasty, shame its not got the revised start/stop ignition, think it was late 55reggers that came in on.

You having a laugh? Start stop is possibly the most annoying thing on earth. I'd pay their bloody petrol if it'd mean not hearing the engine off, engine on, engine off, engine on....

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
That 'stop start' is the efficient dynamics 'ed' that BMW brought out and thats not what Im referring to, looking at the OP pics, youll see the lack of circular 'start stop ignition' disc in the dash to the right of the steering wheel, that is the revision im talking about. It meant that there was a few alterations to the interior and gearbox iirc.
13drhj.jpg

Megane 225 F1
Dad has one just like that. It's a weapon. The torque is just amazing. What it's like after the remap. He's been thinking of getting it done.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wow! What's the retail on these used?

Not keen on the Leather either or the wheels (very small looking) But what a barge.

That'll scare a few expensive cars I bet.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Dont worry the badge didn't survive long after those pics where taken, feels slower without it though! Had to remove a hideous stainless boot sill protector as well, not sure what the previous owner was thinking of! E60/61's didn't get efficient dynamics until quite late on in life 2007/2008 onwards i think so out of my price range, they are 286bhp where this is 272 or something. As for the leather, i originally wanted a one with black leather but it is really nice in real life, brightens up the interior a bit. Still undecided about some 19's, unless i can steal the Spiders off my dads saloon when he trades it in i'll probably leave it on the 18's for now. More impotant is a tow bar so i can pull the trailer/Clio.
ps, Piers, i may have been slightly drunk on saturday and your mrs probably thinks i'm a proper d1ck!
Russ

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really like the leather, goes well with the rest of the car imo.

Italian 3.2 V6
No no she Was just laughing.. So no worries ;) was hoping your misses was there so they could have a banta!

PSJ.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Dont worry the badge didn't survive long after those pics where taken, feels slower without it though! Had to remove a hideous stainless boot sill protector as well, not sure what the previous owner was thinking of! E60/61's didn't get efficient dynamics until quite late on in life 2007/2008 onwards i think so out of my price range, they are 286bhp where this is 272 or something. As for the leather, i originally wanted a one with black leather but it is really nice in real life, brightens up the interior a bit. Still undecided about some 19's, unless i can steal the Spiders off my dads saloon when he trades it in i'll probably leave it on the 18's for now. More impotant is a tow bar so i can pull the trailer/Clio.
ps, Piers, i may have been slightly drunk on saturday and your mrs probably thinks i'm a proper d1ck!
Russ

Your right, the 535d M Sport has had 3 generations if you like in E60 guise...

54reggers - 272bhp
06 reggers (approx) - 277bhp, revised push button ignition, amendments to gearbox
57 reggers (approx) - 286bhp, revised auto box, revised map, facelift LEDs, new front brow and interior changes with fountain pen gearknob and amended cd changer layout and lane depature warning system as standard.

I know what your meaning coin wise.
You can get a good 05 regger for 15k with good spec and ok mileage (say 80k ish, FBMWSH)
Whereas the 57 regger facelifts are around 22k minimum and usually dont have the visibility package, 19s, good spec.

Theres was a nice 06 reg one near me for a snip of £13k. Full M sport, 70k on it and all the toys, what a bargain that was, list on it was £48k(!), just turned 4 years old, had been mapped to 343bhp as well and a bucket load of torque.

The heads up display is quality. Seen one of them with the full media pack and front and rear heated seats, massage seats, tv, 19s, electric blinds, rear spoiler, rear diffuser, anthracite headlining, visibility package and bmw assist, also extended warranty. Needless to say it was snapped up on pheads within a few hours!

Read an interesting economy article on these in auto trader a while ago, more torque than the M5 and it was returning 40.1mpg!!

Shhh
We had an 08, in charcoal black. We always drove it in M mode, as there was no other point either.

Handbrake on, into M mode, disable DTC, handbrake off, and hoof it...and await the wheel spin & the pinning to the seats.

A real pain, was the back seats. You can fit 3x adults in the back, but the 2 people on the sides have to sit at a funny angle. The seat is wider than the feet bit, so you sit slanted if there is a big guy in the front. I did like the split boot though, the i-drive was hard to get use to, especially with the aircon etc all run by it.

Just remember, the Sat Nav DVD drive is not a drive for DVD's.. :)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
We had an 08, in charcoal black. We always drove it in M mode, as there was no other point either.

Handbrake on, into M mode, disable DTC, handbrake off, and hoof it...and await the wheel spin & the pinning to the seats.

A real pain, was the back seats. You can fit 3x adults in the back, but the 2 people on the sides have to sit at a funny angle. The seat is wider than the feet bit, so you sit slanted if there is a big guy in the front. I did like the split boot though, the i-drive was hard to get use to, especially with the aircon etc all run by it.

Just remember, the Sat Nav DVD drive is not a drive for DVD's.. :)

the new fountain pen gear stick is superb as well. Even better if you have the BMW performance pack with the paddle shifts on the steering wheel.
I remember the arsing around with the 530d M Sport to get the bluetooth setting amended, bit of a pain.
The service indicator is not bad and bmw assist is a useful tool.

Big heavy buses, but quality tourers. Love them when there spec'd up to the hilt.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah spec changes are about right, my dads 56 plate is push button start but not efficient dynamics with stop start, as like you say was late 2007 onwards. You can retro fit the paddle shift to the early cars like mine without too much hassle just need to find an M5 steering wheel and paddles, not realy bothered about that though as with 500lb/ft torque when mapped wont be changing gear to often. One thing for a diesel is it likes to rev, obviously the bigger 2nd turbo helps with that.
Russ

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Yeah spec changes are about right, my dads 56 plate is push button start but not efficient dynamics with stop start, as like you say was late 2007 onwards. You can retro fit the paddle shift to the early cars like mine without too much hassle just need to find an M5 steering wheel and paddles, not realy bothered about that though as with 500lb/ft torque when mapped wont be changing gear to often. One thing for a diesel is it likes to rev, obviously the bigger 2nd turbo helps with that.
Russ

;) not just a pretty face.
There was a few threads on bmwland about the putting the M5 steering wheel in, its class. Few have also put the M5 kit on and the quads, which im not sure on as imo only the M5 deserves them!!

Iirc the torque goes to 518lbft or so. Few portugeese chaps managed to get 370bhp and 535lbft :eek: unreal

Mondeo TDCi
looks nice, my uncle has the same but in the dark blue, he has also had the remap and it is very rapid. also surprisingly quiet for a diesel only really notice it at low revs