ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new BMW 535d M-Sport Touring.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
looks nice, my uncle has the same but in the dark blue, he has also had the remap and it is very rapid. also surprisingly quiet for a diesel only really notice it at low revs

having this? Not sure on the M5 style quads, but still nice and facelift rear end lights look immense.

[youtube]JN9FAmUGJNw[/youtube]

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I do like these - glad you ditched the bloody M-badge off the back as well! BMW should have a policy of actually seeing the vehicle in person that the owner wants to put an M-badge on. The amount of cringeworthy 318's and 320's that have M-badges I see is ridiculous. Anyone with above the faintest whiff of car interest knows that they aren't M-powered cars.

What are the remaps like for punishing the gearbox though? Iirc, the 330/530d spec could be bought in either manual or auto, but the 335 and 535d are auto only? I'd happily have a remap if it was mine, but when you're talking about M5 and DBS rivaling torque - I'd be crossing my fingers everytime I booted it. ;)

D.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Chic is that an M5 bumper with custom exhaust made to fit?

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
That sounds ace, cant believe its a 535d! The car will be staying standard apart from a remap and maybe some 19's in the future, at the end of the day it was bought to tow my race car around and as a general 'do it all' car, not gonna be spending hugh amounts of money on it. You'll be glad to know the M badge is now on my tool chest!
Russ

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
I do like these - glad you ditched the bloody M-badge off the back as well! BMW should have a policy of actually seeing the vehicle in person that the owner wants to put an M-badge on. The amount of cringeworthy 318's and 320's that have M-badges I see is ridiculous. Anyone with above the faintest whiff of car interest knows that they aren't M-powered cars.

What are the remaps like for punishing the gearbox though? Iirc, the 330/530d spec could be bought in either manual or auto, but the 335 and 535d are auto only? I'd happily have a remap if it was mine, but when you're talking about M5 and DBS rivaling torque - I'd be crossing my fingers everytime I booted it. ;)

D.

all 335d and 535d have an auto only with the torque convertor, the 2006 revision seen a new gearbox arrive and thus the power started to edge up to 277 then 286bhp. From what has been said the original 272bhp cant be mapped to the same levels as the later ones because its an older ZT auto box.

Few stories on the forums about issues with the gearboxes crop up, juddering and slipping, but you can reset the auto box yourself and can clear faults.
Few bemoan the lack of urgency at low speed and revs, think thats why on the March 2007 revisions the car got the option of the paddle shifts on the steering wheel to improve responsiveness.

Apparently there is no mass produced aftermarket intercooler or exhaust system for them, however with the DPF and CAT deletion, new intercooler and hoses you can get 370bhp all day.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
That sounds ace, cant believe its a 535d! The car will be staying standard apart from a remap and maybe some 19's in the future, at the end of the day it was bought to tow my race car around and as a general 'do it all' car, not gonna be spending hugh amounts of money on it. You'll be glad to know the M badge is now on my tool chest!
Russ

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-BMW-E60-SP...s_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item3f01add3a5

sub £500 for the alloys,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-BRAND-NEW-T...wItem&pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item1c13600161
£700 will get you the dunlops above Im guessing.

They are replicas though so the rear wheel isnt dished or offset as much as it should be iirc.

Map from emaps is around £700-850 iirc. DMS is £1000 or so.

So spend £2k and you have 340bhp and 19s.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome. My Dad has the 335d Touring and it's a weapon.

Remove that ///M badge though. It's retarded.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
or even a 520i badge (which did actually exist - a shatty 2.0 (!) 4 cyl effort - 170bhp and 150lbft - what a fooking hoot that will be)