ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My MK3 Clio - finally lowered!

Mini Cooper S
I managed to do the rears myself, didn't attempt the fronts cos I was going to do it on Saturday with Trax on Sunday.

Rear down:

rearlowered.jpg

All done:

loweredcar1.jpg

loweredcar2.jpg

loweredcar3.jpg

loweredcar4.jpg

loweredcar5.jpg

One from Trax:

DSC_0057.jpg

I know its not low but the Eibach's ride really well and it's no more an offensive height. I'm really happy with it!

vauxhall corsa vxr
how much lower did you go mate i went down the 45mm h&rs route and ride was affected badddddd

Looks good, I thought i recognized your numberplate yesterday!

I was with my mate in his yellow punto infront of you :)

Mini Cooper S
daydotz - It's lowered 30mm on Eibach springs. I was hidden away with the Punto stand, it was a last minute decision me going and I've got a few mates from when I had the Punto. Haven't properly tested the handling, but it seems good. Need to take my car back to the garage to get the tracking re-done.

magpie - I know it needs sorting desperately! Fancy PM'ing me a price for correction?

Rankins - my ride is definitely stiffer, but only slightly and it's not uncomfortable whatsoever. I just have to go slower over speed bumps - would definitely reccommend them. Bought from K-Tec.

Hi Jake - thanks :) Was a good day!

Mini Cooper S
Yep I know it needs a good machine polish, may get someone to do it. Or may set aside some time to do it myself. I've got all the gear, it's just finding the time!

Another pic from Trax:

IMG_9637.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2 Tce
I really like the new look! What size wheels do you have on it? I am looking to lower my Clio too just doing a bit of research first, the Eibach Pro-Kit are looking like a very good choice of lowering springs for what I am looking for.

Renault Clio GT 128
I know this thread is way old now but has anyone seen any lowering springs or coilovers for the Mk3 GT?

Renault Clio GT 128
Would they not be the same as the non sports then? Coilovers I mean?

I have AP's on mine. Got those from Larkspeed
I have no idea! Was hoping to find someone with a GT who's done this! Do you have a photo of the car now?

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks good, are the coilovers set as low as they go? What's the ride like? Mine is already super stiff on 17s:weary:

They'll go lower. I've not slammed it as the ride is harsh on the 17's and I wanted to retain suspension travel for our horrible roads, and for using it on track.

Renault Clio GT 128
They'll go lower. I've not slammed it as the ride is harsh on the 17's and I wanted to retain suspension travel for our horrible roads, and for using it on track.
Yeah tell me about it! Roads are awful which is a shame really for all drivers. Thanks for the info I'll definitely look into getting some!