ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cleee-O

S23

The Cleee-O
lol, if you keep the steelies you have to paint them a rediculous colour ;)

Ha, I was going to paint them all different colours but I don't have the time ATM :( . Just using my time up to finish Uni deadlines and research new whimmmzzz ;) .

Classic E30 trims! You thought about those chrome Merc trims?

Ha, they're awesome hey? I did have a look at them, but they were too much moeny for me, these were cheap. Plus! I got some real retro Beemer ones, they're actually stainless steel! Think they came off a 2002 IIRC? They've got a few scratches on them though and the BMW badge has faded a lot, so I'm gonna hopefully polish out the scratches and get some new centres :)

S23

The Cleee-O
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-ALLOY-WHE...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53e0f0fab4

For some new centres mate :)

Yeah those are probably rare trims! Keep them in good nick and you'll be able to shift them on to an enthusiast or restorer when you're done with em!

Ah cheers dude! They're the sort of thing, yea the bloke told me that he's never seen another set like them (in modern day times that is). He was also amazed that they fitted on a Clio :rasp: . Here's a couple of foto's if you're interested :)

DSC01181.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

Just one of them, that's the best condition one though. Ha. I need to clean them as they are covered in brake dust, but will be nice if I can get them looking good :)

S23

The Cleee-O
they're made of win!

Ha! You dun kno' about the sickest of trims, Beemer Stainless Steels FTMFW! haha :cool: Hopefully should look a bit better if I get the time to get them back to there former glory...and hopefully these ones won't fly off at the sign of any movement and rip out my valve cap. lol

TT 225+
Ha! You dun kno' about the sickest of trims, Beemer Stainless Steels FTMFW! haha :cool: Hopefully should look a bit better if I get the time to get them back to there former glory...and hopefully these ones won't fly off at the sign of any movement and rip out my valve cap. lol
cable tie them on :star: hahahaha!
i wanna spray my willy wheels up stainless styleee now!

S23

The Cleee-O
cable tie them on :star: hahahaha!
i wanna spray my willy wheels up stainless styleee now!

Ha! cableties are geyyyy, unless they're being used to hold parts of your bodywork on. JDM y0! Haha. Ha, Stainless is the new black TBH...or so I've been told ;)

TT 225+
Ha! cableties are geyyyy, unless they're being used to hold parts of your bodywork on. JDM y0! Haha. Ha, Stainless is the new black TBH...or so I've been told ;)

my headlight is held on with cableties lol

shame you cant paint stainless lol

will have to go high power silver and have red lips on mine :cool:

S23

The Cleee-O
my headlight is held on with cableties lol

shame you cant paint stainless lol

will have to go high power silver and have red lips on mine :cool:

Ghetto fixing FTMFW! It's all about the cable ties nowadays :rasp:

Yea man that sounds like a plan, try and get the lip coded though ;)

S23

The Cleee-O
They're off an E28 matey (2nd gen 5 series) :)

Ah sweet! 2nd gen?! Jeez, yea there can't be too many of these left now then! lol

Just found some pics on my fone of Cleee in it's former glory, lol. They are crap quality! Just so your aware.

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

The only comparison against the exact same car...expect for the CC'd mirrors on the other car, lol. Not the best shot either. But hey :)

DSC00022-1.jpg

I want some new whimmmzzz now. :( Damn uni. Ah well, I think I've virtually decided on what I'm getting now, and they will look FRESH! Ha. Not long now...I hope :)

non sport
New wheels? :S I haven't got any yet dude. lol. Do you mean the alloys in the last two pictures? They're the ones I've had on for a while :)

my bad...only looking at the pictures rather than reading the thread again!!:eek:

S23

The Cleee-O
my bad...only looking at the pictures rather than reading the thread again!!:eek:

Ha! Don't worry dude, I've been caught out doing the same :eek: lol. Next time you check there may actually be new wheels though ;)

S23

The Cleee-O
are the new wheels going to be on for fcs?;)

If I'm being 100% honest dude...I am aiming to have them on for then, the grand unveiling at FCS ;). Got a shed load of arranging to do though if I'm gonna get them, and get them on the car though. Speaking of that, that's why I'm up so early now. Gotta test fit some. It's gonna be a long day ;) :D

Clio mk2 1.2
DONT WANNA SOUND LIKE A NOOB BUT WHAT R STEFFS?
nd no way was looking forward to seeing what you would choose.
:D

S23

The Cleee-O
DONT WANNA SOUND LIKE A NOOB BUT WHAT R STEFFS?
nd no way was looking forward to seeing what you would choose.
:D

Ha, don't worry mate my speech is mostly slang :rasp:. My wheels are Steffen BCW's, so I just call them Steffs cause it's shorter to say lol. Yea, I was hoping to get it all sorted. But with one thing and another I haven't been able too. But, they will be on by the end of the summer hopefully :D.

Dude you going to be low again for FCS? Need to meet up ;)

I've been thinking mate, in a bit of a dilemma TBH. I may not be going at all. But hopefully I will be. If so I'm probably gonna be rocking the Steffs for a final time. Just gotta sort out a ticket and stuff (which is a bit difficult cause I'm in France ATM and won't be back until the night before the show. lol) But I always do a lot of stuff to the wire, so the Cleee-O is just the same :rasp:. Yea man, meet up fo' sho' if I'm there. :)

Clio mk2 1.2
haha Ohh i c yeah i love them wheels.... Wish i had enough moneys to buy some :'(
Hope u do make it to FCS nd think ur car should b a feature

S23

The Cleee-O
haha Ohh i c yeah i love them wheels.... Wish i had enough moneys to buy some :'(
Hope u do make it to FCS nd think ur car should b a feature

Ha, cheers man. Yea I've always loved them ever since I saw them on a black 6n Polo many years ago. Still a Dub man at heart me :rasp:. I just got lucky with them mate, I was about to buy another set and my mate put these up for sale. If you like the euro style wheels then make sure you keep on checking out Wheel Wh or es, Edition and eBay. Another thing is if you have a local Dub forum keep checking the for sale section on them. :). Thanks a lot mate, would love to get a feature, but it's a long way off yet. Well I've literally just sorted out my ticket so I will be going afterall :D.

Clio mk2 1.2
Whey nice one
Yeah ill keep an eye out coz they look awsome i did find some borbet Bs but totally forgot about them and they went for pennies :mad:
I dunno if i should get coilies or springs now to lower the gap coz im a 4x4 at the mo ;D

More poke than viagr
S23, sorry dont know your name :eek: Are you looking to sell the steffs? If so my mate could be very interested :approve:

S23

The Cleee-O
Whey nice one
Yeah ill keep an eye out coz they look awsome i did find some borbet Bs but totally forgot about them and they went for pennies :mad:
I dunno if i should get coilies or springs now to lower the gap coz im a 4x4 at the mo ;D

No way?! B's. Ahhh man I love them, might've been looking at the same set in all honesty:eek:. Ha. Mate, save up the extra dolla and get some coilies, spring just won't cut it if you want to go mega lows. Trust, it will be worth it. Plus you can fiddle the stance at your own convience and raise it for things like MOT's if it is quite decked :).

S23, sorry dont know your name :eek: Are you looking to sell the steffs? If so my mate could be very interested :approve:

It's Shaun mate :). Umm, I dunno anymore mate. But I'll put him on the list, got like 16 people who prospectively want them now :eek:. Ha. But I'll let him know if/when :D

Clio mk2 1.2
Haha i think coilies are the way forward.. The only thing is my hours have been cut at work so looks like i wont b getting anything for a few months :/
Stupid morrisons :mad:

S23

The Cleee-O
Haha i think coilies are the way forward.. The only thing is my hours have been cut at work so looks like i wont b getting anything for a few months :/
Stupid morrisons :mad:

Ahhh man, that's sucks baddd. Seriously though, it'll be money wasted if you spend it early on just springs. Hold out for those coilies and there wisdom like lows :rasp: . Mine was stock for over a year before anything got done, and the first things was the coilies. Was sooooo unbelievably happy when it got decked :cool: . Hold out dude, it'll definately be worth it. There's a set of Rokkor coilies in the FS section ATM for 170? Dunno if it's any use to you :)

More poke than viagr
Yep i agree with shaun, i bought springs first and they only dropped about 45mm. Then decided i needed coilovers so had to wait nearly a year to save up for them and regret buying the springs, not cos they were bad, but i didnt need to buy them lol :eek:

Clio mk2 1.2
Ahhh man, that's sucks baddd. Seriously though, it'll be money wasted if you spend it early on just springs. Hold out for those coilies and there wisdom like lows :rasp: . Mine was stock for over a year before anything got done, and the first things was the coilies. Was sooooo unbelievably happy when it got decked :cool: . Hold out dude, it'll definately be worth it. There's a set of Rokkor coilies in the FS section ATM for 170? Dunno if it's any use to you :)

Cheers man big help :D
Is the ride harder with springs or is it just the same with coilies?
Gonna take a while to get some but will be worth it :D Ma mate said the ride is uncomfortable nd i was only going to do about 40mm drop but would be nice to just unwind :D

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
coilies are the way forward dude,

i bought lowering springs,
then cut them basically in half to get low enough,

the ride was dire sitting on bumpstops, really bouncy until a certain height, then crash to a stop lol,

as said, get the rokkor ones!!

S23 and Tom46 are you both going to FCS,
would love to see your cars up close!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Mark i had aftermarket springs and dampers on my 106 and they were harsh, these (FK highsports) coilovers are comfortable and mine's low, its only uncomfortable if your queer or hit every pothole and bump in the road. ;)

Clio mk2 1.2
Mark i had aftermarket springs and dampers on my 106 and they were harsh, these (FK highsports) coilovers are comfortable and mine's low, its only uncomfortable if your queer or hit every pothole and bump in the road. ;)

Cheers man will consider it need some monies though :/ stupid work :mad:
Realllllly want coilies now been looking at springs too much gonna start scrapping some money together nd then make ma car look ok :D

S23

The Cleee-O
Cheers man big help :D
Is the ride harder with springs or is it just the same with coilies?
Gonna take a while to get some but will be worth it :D Ma mate said the ride is uncomfortable nd i was only going to do about 40mm drop but would be nice to just unwind :D

That's alright mate, glad to help :). In all honesty, from my experience, I would say that coilies are a harder ride than lowering springs on standard shocks. When I had just normal springs on my old Lupo they were like the standard suspension in feel (-60mm) but just a lower appearance. However, I much prefer the harder ride of coilies because I feel what the car is doing more, and also you get used to it very quickly. I find it weird getting in another car now cause I can't feel what's happening on the road. :D lol. TBH I forget I have them at times, and I constantly do quite a few miles back and forth to Exeter from Southampton and vice-versa and still find the ride more than comfortable :). I think your mate is telling porky-pies, the ride quality is firmer but definately fine ;).

S23 and Tom46 are you both going to FCS,
would love to see your cars up close!

Yea man I'm going. :) . Got a lot of work to get mine all sorted in time, I won't be sleeping from Saturday morning through until Sunday evening that's fo' sho'. But I'll be there in body with Cleee-O, but maybe not in mind :)

its only uncomfortable if your queer or hit every pothole and bump in the road. ;)

This is true! Plus avoiding potholes is fun :rasp:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Yea man I'm going. :) . Got a lot of work to get mine all sorted in time, I won't be sleeping from Saturday morning through until Sunday evening that's fo' sho'. But I'll be there in body with Cleee-O, but maybe not in mind :)

I bloody hope so! i was let down when i was visiting my sister in southampton and coincidently wandered past your uni house! steel wheels and high suspension FTL!!

the work for mine has already begun! going to clean it saturday and get an early night!

BIFCAIDS are you going to be at FCS??

Cant wait for it! though it seems i may end up going alone :(

S23

The Cleee-O
I bloody hope so! i was let down when i was visiting my sister in southampton and coincidently wandered past your uni house! steel wheels and high suspension FTL!!

the work for mine has already begun! going to clean it saturday and get an early night!

BIFCAIDS are you going to be at FCS??

Cant wait for it! though it seems i may end up going alone :(

Ha, yea man if you'd seen if before it looks mega parked there. Honestly, the splitter virtually touches the road when parked up, so many people stop and look at it and I've seen people driving along, stop and then get out of the car and looking underneath it. Ha. Makes me smile anyway :D. It'll be back to normal for FCS don't you worry.

You lucky boy! I have my work cut out. 6pm flying back from France (where I am ATM) to Bristol Airport, then driving to Exeter to pick up the Steffs, then driving back up to Southampton, will be fitting them in a random car park along with adjusting the coilies :rasp:, then gotta clean it properly (4 hour job), then go to bed if I have enough time. Haha. Fun times! :D Yea I'm really looking forward to it too :). Aww man that sucks :( Is there no one in your area convoying up?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
thinking about it, i still need to sort the yellow fog light covers out, and adjust the coilies until im 100% happy with them,

sounds like you have your work really cut out there, good luck!

people from my area are convoying up, i meant alone in my car, hate driving to shows alone, plus i dont really know people from my area that well :(