ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup ~ OEM+

I was a little bit paranoid before trax and convinced myself something would break on the long journey, but 7 hours and 400+ miles later it never skipped a beat.. Thankfully.

Next jobs:

Replace fuel pump / FPR
Buy a spare wheel
Replace the bulkhead heatshield carpet thing with something nicer

Few pics from trax:

6b76ef5efff9a9e5b5455bbcd221d372.jpg
0cae483a7b0835ecd33d86a50bf2c4ad.jpg
a5857ec5802753cbcb0c0411c4a62ccd.jpg
f144582a0c6cc6d16055314d938db0bd.jpg
e68075d495bb16f6ea46403bca1194bd.jpg

Had a grumble on rear wheel bearing and rear brakes were no good, so new discs and pads were ordered precisely 20 hours ago and arrived already. Thanks a G172

Going to book in with andy @ dtm asap
8d199027948827732ee60467a31cd4d3.jpg

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Had a grumble on rear wheel bearing and rear brakes were no good, so new discs and pads were ordered precisely 20 hours ago and arrived already. Thanks a G172

Going to book in with andy @ dtm asap
8d199027948827732ee60467a31cd4d3.jpg

No worries Dave. Those Brembos will see you right mate. Cups looking great :approve:

cheers!

Car is with andy @ clio turbo for a couple of bits, like a clio heaven that place

couple of pics i just found !

jhah6w.jpg

clean bonnet..

eu0cue.jpg

Well just picked the car back up from andy @ clio turbo (not DTM anymore.. oops) brakes are now awesome. Nearly went through the windscreen to start with [emoji1]

Cracking job by him and even nicked a carrier off his trophy to get me on my way top lad.

Headlights were starting to look a bit hazy so gave the 3m kit a go, worked ok.

Before, weren't too bad but i wanted better.
b6fe9dee3019aa4f2741d8c3f3634331.jpg

c16d307c2ad834c110acd2f91b1ddae1.jpg

After
26e2da03267751bb84d776f724daf6ea.jpg

Next on the to do list is to sort a knocking/clicking on full lock, knackered n/s cv joint i believe.

BG 182
I'm just gonna post updates in here to keep it all in the same place!

I bought this car from james, very pleased with it! I will be continuing the OEM+ theme as i don't want to spoil it!

When i picked it up there was an annoying squeak that seemed to worsen with 2 people in the car, turned out it was an exhaust mount rubbing on the rear with the extra weight in, that was fixed easily.

Up to now this has been my weekend toy and I've not done many miles in it, but in a couple of months time it will be my daily, really really don't wanna put the miles on it!

Plans are simple, as in all honesty i want to upgrade in the not too distant future, really fancy a meg r26.

Today i sprayed the bullets silver to freshen them up

a8usu4am.jpg
8yravy7a.jpg
a8ysudy4.jpg

How did you go about doing the bullets, thinking of doing mine.

Pull em off, spray em, chuck em back on [emoji12]

Couple coats primer
Couple coats silver
Couple coats lacquer

Easy.

Just to keep this up to date had a seized caliper a few months back on the front, andyrg sorted that for me, meant one pad was low.

Anyway did a Donnington a couple of weeks back
4c6783fee3d62f75aaf5a0a531c7c596.jpg

car was faultless but pretty much finished the brakes off so got round to changing discs and pads today, just oem so will see how they compare to the ds2500 i previously has.
4cd0781efbb1fc719ff3113e7f55faf3.jpg

6b341bc91ff35655071b3a46125e2340.jpg

Will paint the calipers again to freshen them up when i get some more time

May aswell keep this going

Bought some bits for induction kit and fitted, also got half leather interior as the cup one is awful and it was depressing me

Next up is battery cover and poly gear box mount when i get round to it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    976.2 KB · Views: 115
Such a stunning example... there's something about a nice near OEM spec 172 Cup......

Totally agree.!

They look stunning, such a special looking car compared to a run off the mill 172/182, bar the Trophy. For me a Cup has to have Recaro's they complement the billy basic interior perfectly.

Mini GP2
Totally agree.!

They look stunning, such a special looking car compared to a run off the mill 172/182, bar the Trophy. For me a Cup has to have Recaro's they complement the billy basic interior perfectly.
Not sure what it is, its probably the colour which is unique to the 172 Cup teamed with Silver Turini's they just look so right. I'd love one for show and shine/concourse events... hopefully have one in a few years as a project...

Well still sticking with oem(ish)

Fitted xenons last week and put some silvatek indicator bulbs in, much better than standard all round.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
Very nice car with just the right amount mods keep it going , mine has just sold and kept the interior stock, sorry to see it go as it came up like a new pin,
Used for sprinting fitted with a Gripper diff and lower FD CWP, all these cars need to be competitive.
Regards Russ....

Still ticking along but trying to resist spending too much on "mods" as i intend to upgrade fairly soon.

Put polybushed dogbone on this morning

Gave the calipers a lick of paint

Also got andy@cliosport to do a brake fluid change as the old motul stuff was quote old, replaced with AP racing 5.1

Oh and have a MAD battery cover en route. Oops.

And a clean

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 131
Well time to make my mind up, belts are due again soon, debating on dropping some cams in at the same time. Will need 5 doors next year do i keep it as a toy, or sell and get a fun 5 door. Such an undeceive b*****d.

Cleaned today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 98

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Loving the car mate, just been browsing through your whole project thread!

In response to your last comment, it seems a bit of shame to sell such a nice example with all the time and money you've spent on it...

I suddenly feel the need to clean my engine bay after reading this thread.

Fantastic car, some good inspiration for mine!
Cheers :) got a new power steering reseviour to go on as old one is minging. Tempted to do something with it but no idea what.

Few minor updates just to keep it going.

Got a friend of mine to convert the horrible orange clocks.

Had the belts and dephaser changed by mr greer @ clioturbo, turns out the timing has been out since I've had it. It has always pulled well though and kept up with other clios round donnington, will have to get out again now and compare.

A few days after the belts I also put 98 ron map on, goes brilliantly now. Love the extra couple of hundred rpm and the lower down power.

Also bought some cooksports to replace the eibachs, will see how they compare, will get them on when i get chance.

Lastly got some sprayshack bullets, going to spray the side strips as it looks a bit odd now. Excuse the s**t photos/filth

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 88
Corrected headlights and gave it a wash today makes the bullets fit in a little better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
New michelin ps3's on the other day, not pushed them yet but seem decent!

Had a knackered track rod end so changed both sides today, easy enough and gave me a chance to test my new impact gun

And flew through MOT again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 62
Looks awseome as always fella. Makes me want to get the spanners out and get mine back on the road.
Do it man :) i'll be honest i go off it a fairly regularly, feel like i should grow up, but then i throw it around some bends and love it all over again