ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 Clio Dynamique - 03 Plate

So this is my second car, first one was a Peugoet 106 that had sat in my mums front garden for 2 years without moving, had that for a month before I noticed the head gasket was going, so quickly sold it (£450, and the buyer knew about the gasket haha) and bought this.

This is how it was when I got it

bbVkN26l.jpg

sP1lasTl.jpg

PbYVsY1l.jpg

1MxWE5Cl.jpg

I paid £950, was generally happy :)x) although the car needed some serious work, the pics don't show it but the front bumper was a mess, stone chips everywhere and a crack at the bottom left, the driverside wing was cracked when I bought it and taped up, back bumper was very loose on one side and eventually got another crack (that was my fault). :dapprove: I also noticed the sunroof leaks quite bad and still does to this day.

I had the car a month before the clutch went, got a mate to fit another one for £160 all in so not too bad, been running fine since although still had issues... got MOT done on 21st, garage quoted me £315 for the work, same mate who done the clutch done the work for £80, parts cost £100 which included 2 front shockies, nearside wheel bearing, 2 lower front end suspension ball joints, driverside track rod end ball joint, and my back brakes were unbalanced so he scrubbed them up and they JUST passed, will be getting looked at later.

Anyway, had enough of the state of the car so since I've bought it I purchased things as I went along, moved in with girlfriend last month too so had a little more cash from college etc (I'm a HNC student) and so far I've had the front bumper replaced, back bumper replaced, driverside wing replaced and all sprayed pearl black and fitted, got some tail lights which I haven't fitted yet and getting new headlights/foglights asap.

Here is how it looks today (not had a chance to give it a proper clean yet!:eek:)

alHYzcul.jpg

XONWbQol.jpg

amXTAWwl.jpg

L75ShYKl.jpg

E0hIOqol.jpg

Still got a lot to do but happier already.

Future plans:

Give it a proper clean!
Looking at getting centre caps for the wheels (no clue what make the wheels are, guys son painted them apparently) and them sprayed black, or just new (smaller) wheels.
Fog lights bought and fitted.
New headlights as they are a mess.
Tail lights fitted.
Going to buy some carbon fibre wrap and do some of the insides, and some other wee bits and bobs.
Getting the plastics colour coded, or at the very least I'll get back to black and make them shine.
Get the back windshield motor removed and the hole filled.

Any other suggestions?

Hi mate, plans sound good so far. Are you gonna keep the sideskirts? With the centre caps just measure what size you need and have a look on eBay.

I said the same thing to someone yesterday. Don't bother buying a new set of headlights, just give them a refurb - wet+dry, rubbing compound then polish. Come out looking like new.

Could add an rs grill and silvervision bulbs to your list :)

Megane 225
New wheels (5 spoke 172 ones), burn those ridiculous sideskirts, lowerings springs, RS grill, silver vision. and then save money for a 182. Also take the tints off.

Just my opinion. :)

Hi mate, plans sound good so far. Are you gonna keep the sideskirts? With the centre caps just measure what size you need and have a look on eBay.

I said the same thing to someone yesterday. Don't bother buying a new set of headlights, just give them a refurb - wet+dry, rubbing compound then polish. Come out looking like new.

Could add an rs grill and silvervision bulbs to your list :)

Going to look into an RS Grill down the line, and also looked into doing the headlight refurb, but never done any proper sanding before, is it really that easy?

I like the car as it was new, i liked that body kit, why did you remove it?

It was a shambles really, pictures don't show the bad condition the front bumper was in, all the mesh was rusting etc as well, and back bumper was loose + had a crack (happened after pics) - I got quoted £450, then £400, cheapest I could get to was £350 to get all repaired and resprayed, where as I got the basic bumpers and my wing sprayed for £120, I supplied the paint which I probably paid too much for (3 500ml tins, with "free" laquer for £60 total) and £60 for the work, and for selling in future the default would be better.

About the skirts, not had a proper look as I sorta like them :eek: but would they come off easy?

Clio 172 rep
My opinion, remove all the non standard parts (skirts,rear bumper, skirt on front bumper) then de-tint colour code front bumper and door strips then 172 back bumper then nice set of wheels not too big no bigger then 16" the no front splitter (skoda) then maybe windeflectors, silvervisions and then slam it, dont do nuthink else money u save put in a jar and save for a 172,182 etc check out my feed to see how it looks mine looked astate when i first had it now it looks bangon for a non sport :)

Octavia VRS LE
I would remove side skirts and wheels, got for either 172 alloys or 182's and lower it with a set of fogs and you are done.

Been looking for a set of alloys for like 3 weeks now, nothing near me unfortunately. Will keep looking.

Going to paint the drums/calipers black, they came red and are starting to look shocking. (As in worse than before, can you believe that!? ;))

Cheers for the tips guys.

1.2 16v
Wet + drying the headlights is pretty daunting.. But once you start you will see the lights scratch and change to like a milky white.. Don't be put off by it just push on and enjoy the results! This is a before and after of mine.. Though not 100% complete yet (pissing snow) I'd suggest a machine polisher or drill with a polishing end on when you're using the rubbing compound + polishing it up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362332337.125251.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362332458.675684.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362332485.975674.jpg
On this collage.. Both lights were like the light on the right.. Left has been polished up a bit with a nearly finished product on the bottom of the collage.

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
My opinion, remove all the non standard parts (skirts,rear bumper, skirt on front bumper) then de-tint colour code front bumper and door strips then 172 back bumper then nice set of wheels not too big no bigger then 16" the no front splitter (skoda) then maybe windeflectors, silvervisions and then slam it, dont do nuthink else money u save put in a jar and save for a 172,182 etc check out my feed to see how it looks mine looked astate when i first had it now it looks bangon for a non sport :)

not a bad little list. Just don't get team dynamics wheels like yours, not a fan of them at all. probs the main thing letting yours down imo

Thanks for the tips and that guys but just sold the car! He came to see it yesterday and liked the look of it etc, will be here tomorrow with the cash to take it off my hands. £1200. Explained all the wee issues with the car (squeals sometimes when it's wet out etc) and he didn't seem to mind, seems like he'll put some money into it. Paid £950 for the car myself, so somewhat happy although I've had a lot of work done to the car so in the end losing like £300, but really wanting a RS at some point!

I'll be getting insured on my girlfriends 900cc Corsa in the time being... :boring: while saving for a 172/182.

I will be back haha!

This thread can be closed/deleted if that's what usually happens.

Well that lasted long!

Haha I know mate, wasn't exactly planning on selling it, put it on gumtree for £1500 (just to see what'd happen! good year and car/engines in good condition) and got a good offer so decided to sell up, will have a RS as soon as I can :D