ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
So i gave the engine bay a good clean today, treating all rubbers and plastics and polishing all the chrome up nice and shiny.

To be honest you cant tell that much difference from yesterdays pics as the bay was already pretty clean, but you can tell up close.

65f7f20f-02af-4036-9473-f6840a35225a_zps6ea07e81.jpg

3059a6d3-55ee-48f4-a627-e9c20f55e447_zps72571229.jpg

71f07b04-fa3a-4658-82e0-841c273a4a23_zps9eed3d65.jpg

RB Clio 182
Looks great :smile:

Where did you get the Renault sticker on the boost pipe bud?

Thanks cub, i got it off ebay ages a go mate, i found it in my box of crap so i thought i would bob it on :)

Im not sure if it was meant to be a renault caliper sticker or something, it was definitely off ebay tho pal.

RB Clio 182
I ordered my powerlex dogbone bushes at 3:50 yesterday afternoon, the post man delivered them this morning at 11 oclock, wtf!

53b5c5c8-e066-41c2-b684-c74c64cba657_zpsb693c99f.jpg

My mate under the car bolting it on for me, hes thinner than me :(

51b21e73-d68b-45fe-80d1-b92ce86c05ef_zps8bfd39ef.jpg

RB Clio 182
A quick pic of the powerflex dogbone fitted.

b8112190-b605-4ada-bbd2-80bfc06a128f_zps4a7cb134.jpg

First thoughts are that i have noticed no extra vibrations in the car, the gear changes are definitely smoother with less movement in the stick, overall im pleased, although i thought it might get rid of the odd knocks i get, but i think this could be the paddle clutch, or the turbo knocking against the firewall as its such a tight fit.

I imagine people with standard engines will feel the benefits of things knocking less as it does seem to have tightened things up.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
There both excluding vat though Tom. Also the plate on the engine one goes a funny colour as its not protected. Ktec sell the same but slightly cheaper iirc, and the plates are powder coated black for better protection.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a look and there not coated on there site but I swear they used to be.

You could always remove the mount and paint them with your painting skills.

RB Clio 182
Small update, i have fitted my new hazard switch so thats all working as it should again :smile:

I have also stopped the knocking, it was the downpipe knocking on the subframe, a few mm higher and it would have been 100%.

Next to come is a snappy steering wheel re trim and my ultra's powdercoated a different colour, the graphite is a few shades too dark fo my liking.

Im unsure whether to go for a lairy colour or not.

I am still loving the car its a quick little bugger and the chatter and turbo noises are awesome, i am hopefully going up to clioturbo hq next week for an oil change and a general health check.

Tom.

RB Clio 182
Good stuff mate! Would you not consider a sparco steering wheel or something similar?

Think the standard wheel is way too big 😧

I agree it is big, but i dont want to take my car too far away from standard looking lol, i know it might sound daft because of the turbo etc, but tbh if i put standard wheels on it would look pretty standard still which is what i like.

I am tempted to buy some standard 182 alloys tbh, i just like the sleeper look, and as standard they look pretty good.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
tom, we really need videos of this thing on full boost? im planning one in the future (couple years) but not many videos on the go, so come on dont be shy, get them up ha

RB Clio 182
tom, we really need videos of this thing on full boost? im planning one in the future (couple years) but not many videos on the go, so come on dont be shy, get them up ha

Haha, ill get some up after the oil change next week mate, theres a closed bypass/road near me too which is a good long straight to get some decent speed down :wink:

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Haha, ill get some up after the oil change next week mate, theres a closed bypass/road near me too which is a good long straight to get some decent speed down :wink:

If you get caught its not my fault, but do it :smile:, just want to see how quick these are, what boost you peaking/holding? also when does the power tail off, as in rpm, my main concern is reliability when used in anger, so im always checking threads on here with the conversions done, gotta say yours is looking very nice, but its a no to 182 wheels for me, i just think they look horrible imo :up:

CLIO 182
I completely agree, it's a slippery slope once you start it's hard to get it back :tongueout: Like weight saving @Ant_Smiggy :wink:
Holy crap the weight loss is addictive! Once you go stripped you'll never go back haha! I'm currently driving around with one seat in because the MPG and acceleration never stops putting a smile on my face lol I keep telling myself I'm gonna put the carpet back in lol....one day 🙈

RB Clio 182
Looks wise, it'll be spot on but remember that they weigh a fair bit more than the oz's.

Thats what im thinking, i could tell a hell of a difference when i changed to the oz's, ill just get these done again in i mint shadow chrome or similar.

J55BUD

ClioSport Club Member
  172cup
Car looks awesome mate!

Good to read so many people are over the moon with andy's conversions mine goes in January for the same kit plus a diff can't wait.

RB Clio 182
Hi, this is not really an update, but i am booked in with powerflow next saturday for a full system fitting up to the downpipe because since having the turbo fitted, my resonated milltek catback is way too quiet, the turbo has muffled a lot of the sound out. It had a lovely tone to it before, i just wish it still sounded the same because i would be sticking with it tbh and saving myself a few hundred quid.

So on Saturday i will be getting a new powerflow non res custom exhaust fitted up to the downpipe, i have decided to get it built up to the downpipe because the section i have on now from the middle section to the downpipe is knocking on the subframe which is annoying, so they are re designing it for me.

I know a lot of people dont rate powerflow, but i have had exhausts fitted their in the past with no problems, i really need a custom jobby now i have the turbo build to sit nice and sound nice.

My resonated milltek catback system is for sale in the for sale section for anyone interested.

Pics to follow soon.

Last edited:
  RS200, LY182, 172cup
Just spent over an hour reading your full thread, (can't sleep) lol. Awesome dedication mate, love it :up:

RB Clio 182
I decided to give the car a wash and a coat of wax today ready for having the new exhaust fitted tomorrow morning.

Ill get some pics and a video of the noise when i collect it :)