ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
haha I know that excited feeling you'll be having right now Tom :tonguewink: Andy's done the build and Chris will do the mapping! Can only be awesome :up: You'll be very surprised what 280bhp feels like, Fingers crossed for collection next week :blush:

Yes im quite excited mate :tonguewink:

Will the power be a pleasant surprise or a disappointing one?

whats the advantages of using the megan pistons and rods?
How do they compare to forged items?

The only advantage is that it is cheaper lol.

Its only the pistons that get changed because they are thye same rods as the megane ones, my previous post was a typo.

To begin with i was going to go with the low boost conversion but my belts are due in March, so for the extra few hundred quid i decided i would go for the medium boost build with the megane pistons and all the belts etc changed, i would have had to spend the extra on the belts doing in a few months time anyway if not, so i thought this made sense.

Megane internals are on there limits at around 300bhp, forged will allow you to take it a lot further ;-)

Correct, i decided not to spend the extra grand just yet on going forge as 280ish hp is probably enough, and as i said above, i only went for the medium boost build because my belts were due in 5 months time, and its only cost me £800 more for the megane pistons and the belts doing and around 50bhp more.

The belts would have cost around £600 next year and they are all done now :smile:

Yes im quite excited mate :tonguewink:
Will the power be a pleasant surprise or a disappointing one?

Definitely a pleasant surprise! For the first time last night I gauged the performance of mine against other cars, as at the lights on the east lancs I was greeted by a mondeo ST and a Audi A3 2.0 TFSI. I wouldn't usually go for it but I looked at the mondeo and the passenger is telling me their going for it 😂 So lights changed and the mondeo and the A3 both launched
! I just did a steady start as in first I would just light the wheels up, so going in to second I'm still gently going but behind both then I decided to just go all out foot flat to the floor, shot forward straight through the middle of them, 3rd, 4th then 5th! Looked up and they were easily 100 meters behind!! I had a little giggle as I joined the motorway and smiled all the way home 😌 Can't imagine their reactions :tongueout:

RB Clio 182
Definitely a pleasant surprise! For the first time last night I gauged the performance of mine against other cars, as at the lights on the east lancs I was greeted by a mondeo ST and a Audi A3 2.0 TFSI. I wouldn't usually go for it but I looked at the mondeo and the passenger is telling me their going for it 😂 So lights changed and the mondeo and the A3 both launched
! I just did a steady start as in first I would just light the wheels up, so going in to second I'm still gently going but behind both then I decided to just go all out foot flat to the floor, shot forward straight through the middle of them, 3rd, 4th then 5th! Looked up and they were easily 100 meters behind!! I had a little giggle as I joined the motorway and smiled all the way home 😌 Can't imagine their reactions :tongueout:

Nice one mate, i love my inner boy racer mode coming out to show every so often hehehehe!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
A good call not forging it at this stage tbh mate. That £1k would be better spent on a diff. IMO of course :)

Great car. Mine is in tomorrow, should be back mapped on Tuesday. Speed build ;)

RB Clio 182
Can't wait to see your reaction when you get this back :smiley:

I cant mate, its been a loooong time!

Need a ride so bad. So as I'm earning my lovely graduate pennies ill seeing Andy myself we are already aquatinted haha

I cant wait to have a ride myself tbh mate :stig:

A good call not forging it at this stage tbh mate. That £1k would be better spent on a diff. IMO of course :smile:

Great car. Mine is in tomorrow, should be back mapped on Tuesday. Speed build :wink:

I think this will be my next port of call mate, or some nice 4 pots.

Thats a very impressive build time too mate.

RB Clio 182
Unfortunately due to a few problems the car wasnt ready for mapping this week so it is now booked in for mapping Monday, hopefully have the car back on Tuesday.

CLIO 182
I dropped it off on the 4th sep, its been a while but hopefully its all worth it.

I wish I had the money and means of other transport to just go here ya go Andy I need booooost haha

It's gonna be totally worth it mate!!! Jealous man! [emoji106]

RB Clio 182
The car went in for mapping yesterday at efi parts, it managed 270bhp and 248lbft, the torque has been kept down to keep the rods safe.

I am very happy, its gained around 100bhp and 100lbft over standard, i should be picking it up over the weekend hopefully.

Andy has a few small jobs to finish then i can collect it and run it in, i cant wait to detail it too lol...

cd640857-af85-4a32-8ca1-d30cd052b4af_zps4cab7adf.jpg

Suzuki Jimny
Yes! Will be good to see how long you keep it as quite a few people turbo them then sell after a few months!

RB Clio 182

Haha, me too, cant wait to have a drive, i havnt driven a turbo car for a couple of years.

Cheers George :up:

Yes! Will be good to see how long you keep it as quite a few people turbo them then sell after a few months!

Hopefully it will be kind to me, i will just fix it if it brakes anyway, its all a part of the fun :)

Ahem - not all of us!

Ill be keeping it a while too mate.

Awesome. I'm excited for you lol. Bet it will go like stink!!

Hopefully :) I did love how the car drove as standard, but you cant beat a bit more power :)

I'm so keen to boost mine. Actually have the money in bank to do it too, but would most certainly end in a divorce!
Looks v good. Nice smart engine bay. [emoji106]

Do it :tongueclosed: thanks for the comment, ill be giving the bay a good clean also, i also need to re fit my battery cover.

Great figures :smile:

Everyone loves a bit of boost!

Thanks Cub, Too true, are you loving yours?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I've not been out in it other than the drive home :)

Gets the map tweaked on Thursday. It was epic on the two hour drive home though. Effortless power. Required some driving style adjustment as it was too easy to be pushing along at license losing speeds.

RB Clio 182
I've not been out in it other than the drive home :smile:

Gets the map tweaked on Thursday. It was epic on the two hour drive home though. Effortless power. Required some driving style adjustment as it was too easy to be pushing along at license losing speeds.

Hahaha, i bet it was :grin: What sort of figures are you hoping for?

I know its more how it drives on the road rather than numbers, but its nice to have an idea :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'll be happy with anything north of 230 bhp and 200 lb ft. It delivers the power so smoothly and straight from 1500rpm that I can't wait to get it on track.

Last car the kit was on ran 249bhp and 220 lb ft.

RB Clio 182
I'll be happy with anything north of 230 bhp and 200 lb ft. It delivers the power so smoothly and straight from 1500rpm that I can't wait to get it on track.

Last car the kit was on ran 249bhp and 220 lb ft.

Nice mate, instant power too :) i would have been happy with anything over 260, i think Andys medium boost builds are usually between 260-280.

RB Clio 182
The way this drives is unreal! and its on full boost by around 3k its certainly going to make you smile tom :smile:

I cant wait Andy, im sure it will do, full boost at 3k sound like fun :tongueclosed:

Im going to be spending some money on fuel in the next few weeks thats for sure, i need to run it in asap lol.

RB Clio 182
I met up with Andy yesterday to pick my car up, all i can say is.. ITS QUICK!

I have given it a quick wash today as it hasnt had a clean for over two months, i havnt been out in it today, but im going out for an hr before work :D

Heres a couple of pics i took after a clean, sorry about the quality of the pics, it was off my phone and it was getting dark, i did take my camera but the battery run out after the 1st picture lol.

Clio 182 Turbo... 270BHP - 248LBFT

e5c7c2c4-1e11-4ccc-825c-5542041189cf_zps81343cf6.jpg

44bea12e-5043-43be-abfd-6b53acef2e9a_zps3ed221df.jpg

If anyone is thinking is it worth it, its fast,very fast.

RB Clio 182
Enjoy. see you in a few weeks for the check up and oil change

I am more than enjoying :tongueclosed:

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into the car mate it really shows, the quality of the conversion is brilliant, im so happy.

I feel like ringing in sick so i can go drive my car :hearteyes:

Cheers again Andy, Top bloke.

Hope i didnt nag you too much :tonguewink: