ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
Looking forward to seeing this on Sunday Tom!

Sorry i couldnt make it today mate, hopefully ill be at the next one :)

Sick blud.

Thanks Jim, hope you had a good one today :)

You gots da booooooooost! Bet you're over the moon with it.

I am Dan, when it comes on boost, it looks like fast and furious out of the windows after they press the nos button lol.

Be good to see this on Sunday mate! [emoji106]

Again, really sorry i couldnt make it today :(

Can we all get the drinks and food in exchange for a ride haha [emoji23]

I would have given you all a pilot ride for free mate , next time :)

RB Clio 182
Small update, i decided to spray my interior plastics arctic blue, ill get some pics tomorrow when they are fitted, they have come out better than i had hoped for, they are perfect..

WP_20141116_003-Copy_zps7352bbaa.jpg

WP_20141116_005-Copy_zpsb9043cf1.jpg

WP_20141116_004-Copy_zpsbf6bd7fc.jpg

WP_20141116_007-Copy_zpsbd6cefd4.jpg

WP_20141116_013_zps3f2ddd13.jpg

Tom.

CLIO 182
Bloody hell they have come out mint!! Where did you get the paint? M.A.D? I've just bought a touch up tub from him to gauge the colour match

RB Clio 182
Bloody hell they have come out mint!! Where did you get the paint? M.A.D? I've just bought a touch up tub from him to gauge the colour match

Thanks Ant, i got the paint from halfords, the one with the fan nozzle that they mix up for you, used clear coat too to give it a nice gleam :)

clio 182
great thread and spotless car. mines currently in andys garage on his to do list. not quite sure when he can start it yet tho as I no hes busy, ino hes ordered the parts. few things I need to send him yet aswell.

glad your enjoying it, cant wait to get mine back. I need to spend some attention on the minor details as you have done to get mine back to its best.

il be taking some inspiration from your attention to detail (mayb nick a few ideas). nice work

RB Clio 182
How much is the halfords stuff mate?

I think its 13.99 fot 300ml mate :smile:

great thread and spotless car. mines currently in andys garage on his to do list. not quite sure when he can start it yet tho as I no hes busy, ino hes ordered the parts. few things I need to send him yet aswell.

glad your enjoying it, cant wait to get mine back. I need to spend some attention on the minor details as you have done to get mine back to its best.

il be taking some inspiration from your attention to detail (mayb nick a few ideas). nice work

You wont be disappointed Simon, im over the moon with mine :up:

Looks good marra fancy sprayin my strips? :smile:

I can do Burt yes, this weekend if youre not busy :smiley:

clio 182
Ive had a low comp kit wit gt2860rs for about a year and a bit now that chris at efi installed which has been great, its in andys now for some engine work and some other changes. How are you getting on with the paddle clutch, im having the same done which im happy with but heard they take sum getting use to?

TWS

LY 182 Turbo
Car looks great, I saw it in the work shop at clioturbo.co.uk while I was getting a few bits and bobs done on mine

RB Clio 182
Ive had a low comp kit wit gt2860rs for about a year and a bit now that chris at efi installed which has been great, its in andys now for some engine work and some other changes. How are you getting on with the paddle clutch, im having the same done which im happy with but heard they take sum getting use to?

Hi mate, the bite point etc is easy to get used to, although it is a little noisy imo, its to be expected tho, it is a race clutch.

Car looks great, I saw it in the work shop at clioturbo.co.uk while I was getting a few bits and bobs done on mine

Thanks pal, yours looks mint, love your carbon interior parts and snappy wheel.

What power is yours? Have you gone for the 4 paddle clutch? How you getting on with it?

Clio 182, Jag XJS
Fantastic little time line you have there MrTom looks an amazing car ! and everything is done to such a high standard :)

TWS

LY 182 Turbo
Thanks pal, yours looks mint, love your carbon interior parts and snappy wheel.

What power is yours? Have you gone for the 4 paddle clutch? How you getting on with it?

cheers, mine will be 300ish once run in and mapped. yeah I got a 4 paddle clutch, took a while to get used to it

RB Clio 182
Fantastic little time line you have there MrTom looks an amazing car ! and everything is done to such a high standard :smile:

Thanks a lot Spencer, its a lovely car i love it tbh, its raw with the extra oomph it needed :smile:

Nice progress mate, glad you're enjoying it still!

Thanks Lawro, im loving it more than ever now mate :smile:

cheers, mine will be 300ish once run in and mapped. yeah I got a 4 paddle clutch, took a while to get used to it

Nice mate, i cant imagine how quick this will be, mine feels really quick with 270hp, the clutch is about the only thing that takes some getting used to, its the noise it makes tbh, i like no rattles and bangs, because if i hear them i think theres something wrong lol.

TWS

LY 182 Turbo
Thanks a lot Spencer, its a lovely car i love it tbh, its raw with the extra oomph it needed :smile:

Thanks Lawro, im loving it more than ever now mate :smile:

Nice mate, i cant imagine how quick this will be, mine feels really quick with 270hp, the clutch is about the only thing that takes some getting used to, its the noise it makes tbh, i like no rattles and bangs because if i hear them, i think its something wrong lol.
I know what you mean, when you lift off it sounds like something isn't meshed up right. Just the way they are. If you rev it as you lift up it doesn't do it

RB Clio 182
I know what you mean, when you lift off it sounds like something isn't meshed up right. Just the way they are. If you rev it as you lift up it doesn't do it

Mine rumbles and vibrates when the gearbox is under load, below 4k at half throttle, does yours?

RB Clio 182
I decided to give the interior a clean today, shampoo'd, hoovered, all trims and leather etc treated, i also fitted my painted interior plastics the other day which i think look quite good, heres a couple of pics, sorry about the quality it was a bit dull.

d2ca5d7e-4c83-4aff-9159-f42e58825420_zpsd28b4b23.jpg

d1bd2a56-b0db-48a7-a357-e547d1777ca1_zpsb2755064.jpg

Heres a couple of quick pics i took of the bay earlier after a quick wipe over with a qd, i am going to give all the pipes/chrome a polish tomorrow and add a bit of rubber and trim restorer to the hoses/plastics etc to bring them all up perfect..

36176734-0460-4763-b6c8-f0ea7bb984ec_zps5721a4f6.jpg

e2262e02-f85d-4423-aaa7-1530685e4c33_zps78ac3547.jpg

Thanks for reading.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Haha this looks awesome bro. After seeing how well your trims came out from Halfords I went and bought some paint for mine today, got talking to the lad and cheekily got him to put the paint through as fitting a headlight and wipers instead of paint! £10 :D

RB Clio 182
Haha this looks awesome bro. After seeing how well your trims came out from Halfords I went and bought some paint for mine today, got talking to the lad and cheekily got him to put the paint through as fitting a headlight and wipers instead of paint! £10 :smiley:

Thanks Dan, you cheeky b*****d :tongueclosed: it cost me 14 knicker!

It does go on better with the fan nozzle too, im sure the paint had a mix of lacquer in tho so be careful when painting, make sure its still tacky when you give it a clear coat or the paint might react, unless you are sanding in between each coat of course.

Haha this looks awesome bro. After seeing how well your trims came out from Halfords I went and bought some paint for mine today, got talking to the lad and cheekily got him to put the paint through as fitting a headlight and wipers instead of paint! £10 :smiley:

If you go to Kirkstall Road, see Tom in there. He;ll look after you.