ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More Torque

Clio Sport 172
Hi, ive got a Clio 1.8 RSI with 2 back boxes, and an air filter fitted. Im very pleased with the noise it makes and power it has. What else can i do to increase the torque of my car without using an ECU remap or Nos. I was thinking of doing the full exhaust manifold to add to the 2 back boxes. Any know much on tuning?

TDI tyre shreader
Erm buy a V8? I dont think you'll get anywhere without a remap as you'll need to fuel your engine properly in order to make more torque

RenaultSport clio 172
n45ty said:
Hi, ive got a Clio 1.8 RSI with 2 back boxes, and an air filter fitted. Im very pleased with the noise it makes and power it has. What else can i do to increase the torque of my car without using an ECU remap or Nos. I was thinking of doing the full exhaust manifold to add to the 2 back boxes. Any know much on tuning?

I'll bet an awful lot of money that a twin-exit box will have made NO increase on power whatsoever.

Imagine this concept; WRC cars normally run 2.5" exhausts, single tail, and even the group 'B' cars didn't run much over 3".

Regards

RenaultSport clio 172
theduckeatspork said:
he hasnt got jus one twin exit back box, he has TWO twin exit back boxes

I'm on the phone to Reuters as we speak!

MSport will be kicking themselves for having missed that trick? ;)

Clio Sport 172
nah, i do notice the increase with both accelerating and top end speed, the noise is nice too. Im thinking of getting a resistor for the ecu sensor. Has anyone done this and found problems or not

Last edited:
those back boxes will categorically NOT have made any performance increase! and those ebay resistors will shag your car.

resistor for the ecu....what off ebay lol!

don't if you want your engine to service!

if you haven't got a de-cat that's your best mod you can do for less than £50....

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
n45ty said:
nah, i do notice the increase with both accelerating and top end speed, the noise is nice too. Im thinking of getting a resistor for the ecu sensor. Has anyone done this and found problems or not

the ebay resistor is
a)crap
b)a rip off
c)bad for your motor
if it was that good, i'd have two and three ecotec's and a pair of tubo zet's and have a ten second car that loses its floorpan when i go over 30mph
;)

benji&eka said:
the ebay resistor is
a)crap
b)a rip off
c)bad for your motor
if it was that good, i'd have two and three ecotec's and a pair of tubo zet's and have a ten second car that loses its floorpan when i go over 30mph
;)

haha! lmao :clown:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
n45ty said:
Im thinking of getting a resistor for the ecu sensor. Has anyone done this and found problems or not

yeah get one of them ive hammered a couple of 182s since i fitted mine to my 1.2, amazing for £25 i hear the renault F1 team use them too...

Clio Sport 172
Ok, so its not a good idea to mess with the ecu sensor. Ill get a decat if you can fit it back on for MOTs

Andy GDI said:
fiddle with the cam timing to move the torque around....

Do u know sites that show how to do this m8?

What reg is your car?

If it's M reg or earlier....you should be able to pass the emmisions test on the MOT with the decat on!