ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco ph2

Monaco blue 172
Just picked this up this morning loads of plans. Will be having a gearbox mount tomorrow and a detail.

Really unsure on the tints think they'll be coming off.

5BBAEC14-3E53-483A-8154-743D5608768F-8704-0000054D1B5FFE09.jpg

CFD63390-AAC3-4D37-A172-B5005DF1FFF3-8704-0000054D2757AFAE.jpg

02B7EEDC-DEC1-4563-9490-097791B6E91F-8704-0000054D2F6F21AB.jpg

F25A36CF-B6D4-46C3-8402-ED67F1CA4CAC-8704-0000054D3722F8CC.jpg

Monaco blue 172
I know in the past it's had a problem where the bonnet has come up as it wasn't clipped in properly. Apart from that pass mate I haven't a clue.

Cheers mate!

Monaco blue 172
Cheers people! I love the fact it's got a sunroof lol also a cup spoiler on there and the mirrors the same colour as a megane r26.

Monaco blue 172
Yeh the 182 ones are grey, 172 ones are black.

Didnt know that dude must of had a pair then. Cars dead straight and HPI clear so it's good enough for me. Will probably stuff it or day next year on track anyways lol

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
You sure its a real 172 with a sunroof? If it is then it must be the only 1!

That along with 182 xenons and no bumper inserts would suggest theres something iffy going on with the car!

Monaco blue 172
Deffo a 172. On the sunroof I haven't a clue I just thought it may of been really rare that it's got one? It's an electric one too, little spoiler on the top windscreen rubber too for the sunroof.

Clio 172 Ph2
From when i was at renault sure you could order a 172 with aircon and no sunroof or no aircon and a sunroof... could be wrong though

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Sounds like a re-shell. Even has the additional rubber lip at the top of the windscreen that sunroof models had.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine has the little spoiler on the top of the windscreen, the guy gave me the option when i had my screen replaced.

Never ever heard of a 172 with a sunroof

Monaco blue 172
It's not a reshell and not a rep. Only thing I can think is its either a one off. Or... When the bonnets come up its had a roof skin with a sunroof in. A lot of work as everything is factory.

It was never. Ever an option for a 172 to have a sunroof. Sounds like its had a re-shell. Something doesn't add up with it, no black inserts on the bumper or headlights, and a sunroof... I'd be onto the DVLA and see if its had a registered shell change.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Gotta love CS.

Guy buys car.. Guys shows off car.. CS puts massive downer on the car for being a dud.

Unfortunately I'm going to join that party by suggesting Renault sunroofs are normally as water tight as a pair of tights. :eek:

Hope it all works out for you !

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Probably is due to the bonnet flying open as that usually smashes the windscreen and damages the roof.
f**k knows about the bumper inserts and 182 xenons though!

Monaco blue 172
Oh well chaps it's a 10 year old Clio with bags of history bought it off a guy who works in Renault Liverpool.

But hey oh it mist be a cut and shut because its had a headlamp and grille change and a mysterious sunroof.

Thanks for the positive comments ;)

Nice car buddy.

If I had a Monaco I'd put Williams wheels on, I think they look brilliant with 'em.

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
looks good mate, not sure on the sunroof situation tho, thought about putting a skoda front splitter on it?

Monaco blue 172
Will be having a splitter and suspension ASAP mate. Then some cup lower arms polybushes some decent pads and tyres then off the ring next April.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Oh well chaps it's a 10 year old Clio with bags of history bought it off a guy who works in Renault Liverpool.

But hey oh it mist be a cut and shut because its had a headlamp and grille change and a mysterious sunroof.

Thanks for the positive comments ;)

Not a lot of things that come out of Liverpool are legit are they? ;)

It does look in good condition though and IMO Monaco is the best colour for a 172.

Monaco blue 172
Not a lot of things that come out of Liverpool are legit are they? ;)

It does look in good condition though and IMO Monaco is the best colour for a 172.

Correct mate lol not the most legitimate city in the uk I must admit.

It is a clean little car tbh will have a bit of pointless dent repair then some paint once this shitty winter period has passed.

Pestering a lad for some old school 5 spoke flat face comp mo's for it but he won't budge to a realistic price.

Will see what the next couple of months brings need updated engine mounts ASAP but unfortunately traders policy up for renewal tomorrow so mods on hold for a few weeks. Will paint the under bonnet bits in the meantime.

Regarding the sunroof it might have been retro fitted. The Mk5 Fiesta ZS's didn't come with a sunroof but i've seen quite a few with them retro fitted on ZSOC, either way look's a clean 172