ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco ph2

Clio 172
Gaz does it mean mine is iffy?? Am sure my headlights an grills look grey??

Oh and mk5 fiesta zs's had sunroofs as an optional extra, I know because my old zs had a sunroof fitted.

Monaco blue 172
Tints have gone today!! I quite like the mirrors grey may leave them will decide over thenext week or so. LED number plate bulb in, Bosch aero flat blades fitted too!

Monaco blue 172
New filter 72mm ram air. Same size inlet as the throttle body outer. 90 degree silicone being picked up tomorrow

095ECFEC-A556-4554-A4C8-23CA17FA5724-623-0000003738E0FD35.jpg

LED number plate bulb

B634779B-A7C2-4DF9-A4FF-4699DFC09616-623-000000373C4846EF.jpg

Tints out

D06EC51A-C316-45CB-A78E-920FA14CA8A2-623-000000374DE2A8AF.jpg

74A5021A-B77C-42E5-A13D-17C76832F054-623-00000037470481C2.jpg

Quick clean today

AEC9D05E-9FB8-4624-B1F6-C85383FF47B4-623-0000003740E5BCAF.jpg

Black Gold Trophy
This is a strange one!

It also has a key slot on the drivers door, never seen that before, it's normally only on the passengers side.

Also noticed the windscreen doesn't appear to have the light/rain sensor.

Monaco blue 172
It is mate people have already pointed out that it's not a real sport. Cat D C B A, hybrid, bin, whatever else. I get the point it's not the run of the mill sport.

Black Gold Trophy
Well a rare car is one thing, but this one defies the sales brochure!

Have you checked the history of it by any chance? The VIN is etched into the floor under the drivers seat, would be interesting to see if this matches up with what's on the dash and the log book etc.

Does it have the cobra alarm like the rest of the UK specification cars? LED on the centre console next to the gear stick is the most obvious giveaway.

Last edited:
  Monaco blue 172
Skoda splitter will be on ASAP. Also mirrors back to Monaco blue this week.

Ram air is on now too, old filter 46mm inlet k&n. new 72mm ram air, much better!!

Monaco blue 172
Oh no they wouldn't of let it come out the factory like that mate.... Mustn't be a real one haha

Car feels so much smoother and more responsive on the new filter set up. Happy boy!

Monaco blue 172
Came off a Vectra GSi that's just been broke in my place. Seemed a nice little change from the norm it sounds lovely mate :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Im not going to criticize. If you like it, then enjoy it.

Monaco is the best colour for a 172 in my opinion. Would source some standard monaco wing mirror covers and i know youve ordered the splitter.

Maybe lower it a tiny bit and some 10MM spacers will give it a mean stance.

Clio 172 Monaco
My Monaco has a key slot on drivers too I'm sure they all do :-/ still love the little project though! It's comeing along nicely get some lower springs on that and it will look great!

Monaco blue 172
Painted the wing mirrors back to Monaco blue and the splitter is on! Will be getting poly bushed and engine mounts before any suspension.

Thinking some cook sports as don't want a fortune in the car as I want a megane r26 as quick as really. But want it to be right. Should have wheels end of January too something a little different but will look epic.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
If you want a megane why spend money on your clio?

Save the money and put it towards the megane?

Monaco blue 172
Don't want it standard in the meantime mate lol want to go over the ring next april in the Clio so need everything nice and fresh for then.

I know in the past it's had a problem where the bonnet has come up as it wasn't clipped in properly. Apart from that pass mate I haven't a clue.

Cheers mate!

Re-shelled into a non-sport shell it would seem. Reg check on any normal 172 shows 'Model: Renaultsport Clio 16v' whereas this one just says 'Clio Sport'. No Renaultsports came with a sunroof and the 182 Xenons/dicky front end don't add up.

Nice car though.

Monaco blue 172
Strange as I've got the HPI print out from 15 months ago when the previous owner bought it and it's all sweet.

HEL braided lines ordered and be here thursday, pagid pads and discs fitted over the weekend and calipers painted.

Strange as I've got the HPI print out from 15 months ago when the previous owner bought it and it's all sweet.

HEL braided lines ordered and be here thursday, pagid pads and discs fitted over the weekend and calipers painted.
Definitely strange but it does differ to a 'normal' 172 somewhat!

Monaco blue 172
That it does dude! I'm not worrying tbh it's been hunter aligned and all straight, low miles and seems sweet.

Car cost me a grand not as if it's a 40k plus car and I'm gutted if it's not quite right lol just a thousand pound Clio at the end of the day.

That it does dude! I'm not worrying tbh it's been hunter aligned and all straight, low miles and seems sweet.

Car cost me a grand not as if it's a 40k plus car and I'm gutted if it's not quite right lol just a thousand pound Clio at the end of the day.
Exactly this. Enjoy it, cheap fun motoring! Nice colour too. The 182 grey insert Xenons also look better than the black ones so that's a bonus too ;)

Monaco blue 172
It's a Clio billacampus172182cup. Limited model mate.

If it was a car that demanded strong money I'd stress, Ie a trophy. Normal 1*2's aren't worth s carrot in comparison.

As long as it goes round oulton Anglesey and the ring next year no problems I'll be a happy man!

They stopped putting locks on both sides to reduce costs. Can't remember what year it was though.

Strange that it has a sunroof. Does it have drums or discs at the rear?

Monaco blue 172
Discs dude everything about the car bar the sunroof is all Renault sport. Xenon leveller on the rear beam everything is there the car has had a roof skin deffo not a re-shell.

Monaco blue 172
They stopped putting locks on both sides to reduce costs. Can't remember what year it was though.

Strange that it has a sunroof. Does it have drums or discs at the rear?

Mates 03 172 has 2 locks too. I've seen then without locks though on 51/02.