ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco ph2

Monaco blue 172
We don't know quite what it is.... Lol

Jokes aside mate it'll get well maintained as per everything I own and will do the job just fine I'm not worrying.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I thought the whole lock malarky was because everywhere else they drive on the left so all the locks where on that side.

Monaco blue 172
5B29D235-A1BC-4958-9439-0DE236D0704F-9594-0000079C6B6DA1F3.jpg

Lines here fit tomorrow!

clio 172
In all fairness does it really matter ????? On the log book its a 172 the codes ect match up so its a real one. Its not going to be a show car its going to be used to put a smile on gazs face. Its going to be well looked after and get everything it needs !!

Monaco 172 Ph2
My mate used to work for renault as a sales manager for a good 15-20 years and said when the Ph2 cliosport was originally released there WAS an option of having a sunroof, which was also shown in the original brochure for the sport, but within months this option was then removed and the option was greyed out in the newer brochures, something to do with strengthening in the roof,

He reckons there cant be more than 100 (if that) 172s out there due to length of time this was available and the length of time it took for the car to be made to order, he also said there was a number of people who ordered a 172 with sunroof as the option but as this was withdrawn while there car was on order, they didnt get the option they wanted and had to do with out LOL

Im just stating what ive been told so dont shoot the messenger :cool:

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Monoco blue is the best for a 172. Mines a monoco, i love it. Mate your car might have had work, ive spotted a few differences..... real 172 or not. Chuck ya mods on & enjoy :) There awesome little cars.

My advice is trade in and move on..
There's something very wrong, think you know alot more about its history than
Your cracking on..
Nobody wants to own a car people are giggling at.

Monaco blue 172
My advice is trade in and move on..
There's something very wrong, think you know alot more about its history than
Your cracking on..
Nobody wants to own a car people are giggling at.

My advice to you is f**k off and comment elsewhere I didn't listen to the first comment and I won't be listening to anymore.

Whos right and wrong I couldn't care less tbh. Internet forums are full of useful people but just as many arseholes too as is shown no matter what gets posted.

Change the record boys and girls it's down as a 172 on the HPI, it's clear, put the reg into Renault system vin, engine number everything matches. Would a guy who works in a Renault dealers own a dodgy car for 18 months before me and plough money into having the belt, dephaser, clutch, gearbox, fresh shocks etc... If it wasn't proper. I doubt it.

As said its a grands worth of car, it's a Clio not a rare Ferrari or something exotic.

Monaco blue 172
My mate used to work for renault as a sales manager for a good 15-20 years and said when the Ph2 cliosport was originally released there WAS an option of having a sunroof, which was also shown in the original brochure for the sport, but within months this option was then removed and the option was greyed out in the newer brochures, something to do with strengthening in the roof,

He reckons there cant be more than 100 (if that) 172s out there due to length of time this was available and the length of time it took for the car to be made to order, he also said there was a number of people who ordered a 172 with sunroof as the option but as this was withdrawn while there car was on order, they didnt get the option they wanted and had to do with out LOL

Im just stating what ive been told so dont shoot the messenger :cool:

No mate Internet wins every time.

Monaco blue 172
Not dissing the car at all, I like it..... Just wondered are they 172 struts or is this a sign it's not a factory Renaultsport, or are they rubber covers?! :S
2 rubber covers mate there off now and engine covers all painted just the inlets left to do.

Clio 172
My advice to you is f**k off and comment elsewhere I didn't listen to the first comment and I won't be listening to anymore.

Whos right and wrong I couldn't care less tbh. Internet forums are full of useful people but just as many arseholes too as is shown no matter what gets posted.

Change the record boys and girls it's down as a 172 on the HPI, it's clear, put the reg into Renault system vin, engine number everything matches. Would a guy who works in a Renault dealers own a dodgy car for 18 months before me and plough money into having the belt, dephaser, clutch, gearbox, fresh shocks etc... If it wasn't proper. I doubt it.

As said its a grands worth of car, it's a Clio not a rare Ferrari or something exotic.

Mate, if you paid a grand for it, who gives a f**k. It's alot of car for the money! If you paid 4k for a trophy in a similar situation, it would be different, but you haven't.

Aslong as it ain't illegal (as in stolen at some point, ringer etc) then who cares, just enjoy it. There's to many dick heads on here, just ignore them.

Car is lovely though ;-)

RB 182 FF

Well said!!!

Monaco blue 172
Mate, if you paid a grand for it, who gives a f**k. It's alot of car for the money! If you paid 4k for a trophy in a similar situation, it would be different, but you haven't.

Aslong as it ain't illegal (as in stolen at some point, ringer etc) then who cares, just enjoy it. There's to many dick heads on here, just ignore them.

Car is lovely though ;-)

Exactly my point mate it's a clio sprt not a thoroughbread lol makes me laugh tbh.

Not as if it's the first clip that the bonnet has came up on and smashed the roof. Glad it's had a skin tbh and not been plastered full of filler!

Monaco blue 172
Only because he's got more knowledge than everyone on this site, in the UK and possibly the world. So we all must follow his advice.

Heading to my garage today have a Hoover a clean and another cost of Collonite for safe measure might even grab some pics this afternoon!

Vectra
Yeah, looking at your first posts photos it looks a clean example regardless of what people say, I love Monaco's on TD 1.2s with lows :)

Monaco blue 172
Yeah, looking at your first posts photos it looks a clean example regardless of what people say, I love Monaco's on TD 1.2s with lows :)

Funny you should say that I tried some black 1.2's on Saturday and wasn't feeling them. Think it was the colour. Going to try them again once it's sat tomorrow. Have a wheel in mind nobody else runs on here as far as I know! Should hopefully cut a deal in the new year for them.

Car will be properly sorted next year mate regardless of any shitty comments don't worry ;)

Monaco blue 172
Never know mate will soon see! Pop down the unit tomorrow if your about fitting them in the morning as soon as I'm in.

clio 172
im in a meeting tomo but will bob in the affy if get time , i need to choose what wheels to get as dont really wanna run r888s all the time

Monaco blue 172
I'd gt some federal rsr's mate being honest. The amount of stories of 888's overheating and gong off too quick unreal. Or ao48.

Monaco blue 172
Personal preference on tyres mate! When me and lee done the ring in his they were faultless. Chris is ordering some for the 330cd too :)