ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mods that won't void warranty?

Italian 3.2 V6
So what can you get away with?

Maby the following minor mods..?
-Remap?
-Lowering Springs?
-Spacers?
-Filter?
-Performance tyres?
-Brake pads?

Cheers,

PSJ.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Youll find that mods only void warrenty relating to that part/system...

you fit a lowering kit... your warrenty relatining to suspension would be void
remap... greay area as its sometimes hard to prove

Iceberg Ph1
I'm sure I read somewhere that any mod that does not effect something your claiming for under warranty should be fine.. I.E... If you have lowering springs and one of your dampers (if your keeping the standard ones) gets shot it will not be fixable under warranty because the springs caused the damage, but if you have an issue with something like a faulty electric window its fine because that mod does not in anyway contribute to that issue.. If you get what I am saying haha..

As for pads/disc and tyres that's no issue what so ever, the rest would need declaring to your insurance also.

Hope this helps

Edit: Dam it! Beaten again! haha

Italian 3.2 V6
Ah right ok that's alright then. Not too bad, I thought maby one mod may void the complete warranty :S

Iceberg Ph1
Ah right ok that's alright then. Not too bad, I thought maby one mod may void the complete warranty :S

As Laura said the ECU is a grey area of mods as if they can see this has been mapped they can pin the blame on a shed load of engine related issues.. Perhaps this is worth waiting out for the time being

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
In my experience almost any mod could be reason enough for a Warranty Manager to try and dodge their responsibility, before they then use "wear and tear" as their next gambit ;). Fluffy dice?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
just dont crash lol

FAIL.

When I got my car, he said remaps don't void warranty. But dealers flash the ECU every time it goes in for service so you would theoretically lose the remap.

This is just what the stealer said anyway.

S2 106 GTI
I would think any mods you do to your car would void warranty, as thy are not the original parts