ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket Turini centre cap mod

Clio 182
Hi all,
Long time lurker here. Really appreciate all the excellent advice given on this forum. Got a minor issue and would like to know what your chosen solution would be.

Got myself some good condition aftermarket Turini's with nearly new tyres for a decent price. I can't stand the speedline centre caps however.
I know genuine trophy caps won't fit (plus they'd be wrong colour as my wheels are speedline silver not anthracite).

How would you solve this?
I've had a look for Renault stickers the correct size but can only see ones in black unfortunately. 56mm is the diameter of speedline sticker on cap.

My idea is to fill speedline centre caps with body filler, sand, paint (was going to get a can for alloy touch ups anyway) then find appropriate size Renault diamond decals and finish with a clear coat of lacquer.
Quite a bit of faff obviously. Would look nice I think.
Could also glue some Renault diamonds so painted caps. Would probably just fall off eventually.

If anyone has a better solution would love to hear it.
Thanks.
PXL_20230408_215252849.jpg
PXL_20230409_135349971.jpg

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone done 3D printed caps for these? They look decent on the OZ F1's and considerably less work if the design files already exist.

Clio 182
3d printed caps would also need sanding and painting also so still a lot of faff.

I think I'm going to try what I've described. If it all goes to s**t I'll say so.

Am I right in thinking the genuine Renault trophy Turini caps are 58mm?
My speedline caps are 59mm on the outer diameter.
Maybe I should just bodge them in like someone else did with some inner tube rubber.

Probably save me several hours of faff.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
3d printed caps would also need sanding and painting also so still a lot of faff.

I think I'm going to try what I've described. If it all goes to s**t I'll say so.

Am I right in thinking the genuine Renault trophy Turini caps are 58mm?
My speedline caps are 59mm on the outer diameter.
Maybe I should just bodge them in like someone else did with some inner tube rubber.

Probably save me several hours of faff.
I did some research when I bought some new caps for my Renault turini's, believe they are 58mm as you say.

Clio 182
Have you got a link for the caps you bought?

I contacted the guy I bought my Turini's off, they've been refurbished and he has no idea what the exact colour is, so I'm probably best off getting some colour matched paint and going DIY route.

Thanks for help.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I got mine from RPD, I'll see if the link is still up. I've got Cup turini's, but went for the trophy caps as I had the wheels refurbed to match the caps, rather than the other way around.
I'm sure there was a thread on here a little while ago about getting them for quite a bit cheaper, I paid about £25 a corner a couple of years ago and that felt extortionate.
Out of stock at the min it seems.

Clio 182
Holy s**t. 30 quid per corner is too much for a tight git like me.
Would be nice to have 3d chrome Renault diamonds however.
Decals over paint it is.

Just gotta find some decent quality decals now.
I'm flexible on the style as long as it looks "nice"

I saw a picture of a lovely titanium silver Clio with Turini's that I was trying to copy basically.
You can see he has trophy anthracite caps.
My Turini's are definitely a slightly darker colour than his/hers which is a bit annoying.
Screenshot_20230409-213004.png

Clio 182
So I've had a rethink.

Got some cheap copies of Renault caps size 57mm. £10.50 for 4 off a website called Onbuy.com
I've snapped all the clips off the back and trimmed down remaining plastic so they sit more flush.

I'm now going to just glue them onto the speedline caps after painting them silver.
Bit of a bodge, but should look better than speedline branded caps hopefully.
Raised higher than I would like, but I can't trim too much off the back as the chrome effect diamond would just fall out.

PXL_20230420_150758336.jpg
PXL_20230420_150956796.jpg

Clio sport 182
I am in the same situation as Jackie, I have bought speedline with et 38.5 in silver, and I cannot find the center caps that correspond

Clio sport 182
  Clio 182
My silver caps don't quite match wheels, but close enough for me.

If I was to do again I would get a paint can matched to the wheels colour and spray caps with chrome Renault badges removed.

Then put Renault badges back on caps and glue onto speedline caps.
You'd still have the ugly lip around edge though.

Clio sport 182
My silver caps don't quite match wheels, but close enough for me.

If I was to do again I would get a paint can matched to the wheels colour and spray caps with chrome Renault badges removed.

Then put Renault badges back on caps and glue onto speedline caps.
You'd still have the ugly lip around edge though.
Finally I bought the anthracite colored ones, the only ones in stock, and what I will do is remove the Renault logo, paint the caps in silver on the wheels and put the Renault symbol back, I think it is the easiest and simple