ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ash's 172 cup

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Why did you decide to remove the front spacers? has the rear got stub axle spacers? Looks a nice Cup, enjoy it.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Why did you decide to remove the front spacers? has the rear got stub axle spacers? Looks a nice Cup, enjoy it.
wondering that myself. doesnt look like its got rear stub axles spacers. they sit much nicer on them front and back, recently fitted both to mine and looks so much better and didnt notice any difference to the drive. looks a nice example though.

ash_89

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
Il be honest, I wanted to see how it felt/handled with and without front spacers.
On Monday I had a check round the front brakes, a nice little surprise was awaiting me, both front lower Carrier sliders seized solid (one snapped).
So no test drive :(, I have a new pair of carriers freshly powder coated inc new bigred slider kit arriving Friday.

ash_89

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
Sorted the brakes over the weekend,
Fitted both front reman caliper carriers & slider pins kit. Had great fun with the disc retaining screws, all four extremely tight.
One of the 4 screw's this being the worst, the other 3 came off with tones of persuasion.
53068364834_2f7b5a9741_z.jpg
Untitled by Ashley Hanson, on Flickr

53068673208_ba1bf6f29e_c.jpg

Brake power is now back : )

PBS Protrack pads & Brembo HC discs came Friday afternoon.

53068673453_023be93ea2_c.jpg

Im not looking at doing a track day till after the end of august so, wont be fitting them just yet, the Oem discs & pads on at the moment have plenty of life left.
also will be re-fitting the 16mm spacers on the front, then some stub axle rear spacers eventually.

ash_89

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
A few updates on the Cup,

Managed to grab a RS Sabelt steering wheel and sell the RS performance one pretty quickly, definitely feels nicer to grip, I will give the interior a good detail soon as this great weather improves.

53086241648_92c92bfb46_z.jpg

Even with the two SRS resistors fitted the SERV/Air bag light illuminate so I will try bending the contacts on the themselves to make a better connection.

Parts to fit----
Nankang NS-2RS
Pro Track PBS pads
Brembo HC front disc's
Rear ARB
Coolant change
Gear selector bush (potentially)
My new plate photobombing the tires pic :)
53086150365_ec55a885c4_z.jpg

I have to juggle getting the Clio ready & giving my Vts attention, below a pic of the old girl.
She's not in the worst state but needs a fair bit of welding & tidying up.

53076856544_de3f213142_z.jpg

Back to the Clio!

The main thing I would like to sort on the Cup is seats, the seating position is way to high for me, so I will be on the look out for some decent bucket seats & lowered frames.
In the meantime, its getting ready for track, making sure everything is 100%.