ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modded Clios that aren't Sports

nothing, blown up!
definition of chav + car = making ur car look like a bloody snow clearer or like this:

ps used to be a clio

Attachments

• %7B7C764A77-3864-46D3-9CB5-AB7ADB7FA542%7D.jpg
    %7B7C764A77-3864-46D3-9CB5-AB7ADB7FA542%7D.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 58
  • %7BE4A2F34F-664E-4F6E-99F2-FE09408CE01B%7D.jpg
    %7BE4A2F34F-664E-4F6E-99F2-FE09408CE01B%7D.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 61
  Monaro VXR
CrazyK said:
Ok so if by making a car out to be something its not.
I.e Putting a 172 kit on a smaller engined or lesser car lets just say a 1.6 16v seems to some to be Chav and boy racerish.

Now I have a FF 172 and I wanted a the creature comforts that the FF offered but I preffered the external looks of a std 172 cup, As far as I am aware you couldn't get Cup packs on the 172 only the 182, also I bought mine secondhand so you have to expect that you wont get exactly what you want. SO if I now add a Cup spoiler, splitter and Turinis does that make me a Chav for modifing my car to be something its not?

i got called a boyracer for putting in a new mp3 headunit and putting the spoiler on my car the same spoiler that was a £200 option when i bought the car. Was a little pissed off at that and as such i tried to explain to my mate the difference between an enthusiast and a boy racer. Apparently cause i have the odd little play with people at the lights and i have a spoiler on my car im a boyracer.

Yet the same guy drives faster than me on the main roads i always stick to 30 he will gladly fly down the roads at 50 and if theres no traffic near will go through red lights...which one of us is the bigger boy racer?

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
ShaunR16v said:
Ali, but by having the turini's on your 172, are you not similarily copying the style of a Cup? Not having a go, as personally I think yours is one of the smartest 172's on here, BUT its not a Cup is it. So, if you had a blue 172, instead of a flame red one, would you have not put the turinis on so as to not take the novelty of owning a cup away from cup owners!?

my point exactly. aesthetically the cup is nicer than a 172, and a 172 is nicer than a 1.6/1.4/1.2.

obviously you wouldn't put "cup" badges on yer 172, and as this, people with 1.2s shouldn't be putting on 2.0 badges.

the same reason you have for putting on cup spoilers - i have for putting on dual optic lights etc...

I'll get back to topic and putting up pics once i get my other headlight on ;)

182... again!
I have only recently seen the point of modifying cars....seems to me like improving the looks, performance, brakes or handling if you know what you're doing is great....to improve on your base car, whatever that is!

I would feel a fraud though to drive say a 1.2 that looks like a Renaultsport! Think it would be excellent to go the other way round though.....;)

Personally, I like subtle cosmetic mods like wheels, light tints, colour coding but my idea of improved wheels won't be the same as the next bods though!

I do wonder though how people get on selling hugely modified cars as standard (or close to) sells best!

I think many people waste there time trying to be something there not....not just talking cars either!

1.2 Clio Sport mk ll
i dont know why, but there is the largest amount of idiots on this site. to be fair sometimes it hardly feels like a community and more like 90% of the sport owners preaching about how they are right and everything else is wrong. everyone has their own taste and there is nothing worse than seeing someone ranting about how they are right and it should just be left and buy a 172/182 etc. its a forum and people are meant to help each other out not sit bitching because the car might not be too low or have too many things done to it. rant over

anyway here's mine its a 1.2 16v phase 1 (sport) this is due to the interior and extra's ie alloys, dual optics that came on the car standard.

Ikon 15042011 060.jpgIkon 15042011 062.jpg575947_10152034902900430_1086160190_n.jpgP1060240.jpg

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Don't even know why non sports are on here considering it's called cliosport.net. By definition they are all off topic.

Changes to often
Don't even know why non sports are on here considering it's called cliosport.net. By definition they are all off topic.

couldent disagree more with that comment, its cliosport.net not renaultsport.net, i welcome the non sports, everyone is welcome