ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modded Clios that aren't Sports

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
CDMullins said:
Cant beleive the fact that you wear a baseball cap makes you a chav!! Jesus christ!!!! theres often occasions when i cant be arsed to do my hair as im just nipping to the shop, or just to the birds so i put a cap on!! Last 2 caps i bought have been a £55 Von Dutch cap and a £35 Diesel cap, am i a chav cause i cant be arsed to do my hair???

The worlds going crazy!!!

to me Chav = Backward burberry cap, stuck on body kit, lexus lights, loud exhaust and driving like a w*nker!

Dude...Again your missing the point, i've seen alot of mod'd cars...Not my cuppa but i appreciate the work gone into them.

^ i'd be careful with the above statement, you have a bodykit,lexuslights and a loud zorst...Does that make you 74% Chav? lol :clown:

Von dutch aka Von chav? ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
D4ve F said:
mine at the moment, few updates coming in march/april - rubish phone pic.

Clio.gif

Very nice mate! Did you not have 182 rims and vee spoiler?

Ali said:
Dude...Again your missing the point, i've seen alot of mod'd cars...Not my cuppa but i appreciate the work gone into them.

^ i'd be careful with the above statement, you have a bodykit,lexuslights and a loud zorst...Does that make you 74% Chav? lol :clown:

Von dutch aka Von chav? ;)

My statement is JUST Bodykit, lights zoorst, mine as all plue others!!! And its done properly!!

Botch conversions ok!!!! haha!!
Didnt say anthing about running costs, neither did u! You said find a car faster than Clio for 5k!! Think ive done it pretty easily.

ARE YOU JOKING???? Skylines are totally sexy!!!

FFS its just a Clio let it go Ali!!!

Yeh Von Dutch was so chav 2 years ago!!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
i hate the workd "chav". one day it wasnt around, now all i hear is chav, chav chav! id like to shoot the wanker that made it up, right in the balls.

because someone has a loud exhaust on a small car, there a "chav". but if its on a bigger car there not?! the word has no meaning what so ever. its more a word people use when they see something they want and dont have/cant get.

back 4 years ago, you had kevins and townies, both of which could be clearly defined. chav? nobody knows how to define that because evrones always changing it to suit the insult they'er trying to throw at other people.

because you have a modded car, weather it be £25 worth or £25000 worth, it dosnt make you a chav. some people dont have as much money as others! to say that someone that spends little on the money side and rags there car (you have to rag 1.2's or they dont move) is a chav is insulting those of us with out the high paid jobs.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
oh and the standard clios do look a bit s**t, even renualt must have thought so as the new ones look like a cross between a 306 and focus.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The Fatty said:
because someone has a loud exhaust on a small car, there a "chav".

lol the other day i was in the barbers and a car went past with a loud exhaust (didnt see what car it was) and the barber said "you've got one of these loud exhausts on your car martin havn't you" and an older guy with overalls on started laughing but i said no as i dont have one, he was thinking about my mate.

now the barber said to the guy that laughed "dont you have one of them on your car?" and the guy said "yep but mine is a fast car mate, thats different"

looking at the guy he looked like a MK1 Impreza type of guy who thinks its the fastest car on the road!

D4ve F, thats mint, i love the colour

Octavia VRS
D4ve - what colour is that? It's stunning.

That's how to mod a standard clio imo.

Martin I know the kind of guys you mean. In late 20s/early 30s, drive mk1 scoobs but still live with their parents!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Nice!

Mullins, For under 5k the skyline and such like will be a bucket!

And i'm not defining bodykits etc with neds...If you remember correctly i had a 1/2 modified car?!

I'm merely quoting what you said above?

Ali

tiTTy & SV650
who said a 2.0 clio was a supercar? lol but in saying that they lap faster than a few supercars, mind on top gear for instance faster than a vanquish and 550 ferrari round their track :rasp:

the sites called clioSPORT and not clioAESTHETICALLY_LESS_PLEASING suggesting that the majority of people here like driving like drivers cars.

tiTTy & SV650
oh yeah and Evo thought so much of the Trophy that they put it amongst the exotica in the 2005 Car of The Year and it beat:

Gallardo SE,
M3CS
Cayman S
V8 Vantage
M6
SLK55 AMG
Sagaris

suggests its a drivers car anyway!!!

MINI JCW
Loony said:
with the greatest respect if your decision on wether to wear a seatbelt is governed by whether you'll get spotted or not then you're an idiot.

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
topic people!

NewLights0.gif

changing to RS lights... gonna have to take the bumper in to get they torx screws back in :(

gazcaddy said:
I was thinking exactly the same thing!

Im not sure if you 2 guys may have misread what I meant. I wasn't saying that a dont wear a seatbelt "to look cool", i simply dont like wearing one, and had a good mate who was killed in an accident, and who would've probably survived if he hadn't of been. All i was saying was that I only usually wear it when im driving my 19, because I know that it would get noticed (by the police). In my Clio, it blends in more, so less chance of it being noticed (and hence pulled and fined!)

ShaunR16v said:
Im not sure if you 2 guys may have misread what I meant. I wasn't saying that a dont wear a seatbelt "to look cool", i simply dont like wearing one, and had a good mate who was killed in an accident, and who would've probably survived if he hadn't of been. All i was saying was that I only usually wear it when im driving my 19, because I know that it would get noticed (by the police). In my Clio, it blends in more, so less chance of it being noticed (and hence pulled and fined!)

I wasnt suggesting you didnt wear one to look cool i was just saying that you're pretty stupid to think you're better off with no seatbelt than with it on.

Sorry Dutty whilst it looks OK?. you are giving the impression you are driving something you are not. No wonder people hear "Those "RS Clios" are not very fast".

It must be fantastic to be a fake?

Young'uns are always trying to be something they are not. Why not, be and say you are an individual person. It's not going to happwn with this rip off.

Fed up with wannabies. I know I will get the cost/insurance. Who cares, ulimately you have to be a human being and people will judge.

In a forum dedicated to Clios you will not go down well with the people you have tried to emulate.

Why do you, and others, find there is so "I can modify to my hearts content",
Smell the roses. Whilst this a Clio forum it is not a blatant ripoff forum.

Perhaps it shows an age gap?

Blaze

E60 diesel powah
am happy with the way my car looks, am 19 , loved how the sport looked, is it wrong to put the bodykit on? its not is if i have to 2.0 badges? i think alot of people would prefer mine over a car that is done up with lexus lights, bonnet vents and stupid bodykits on it

Dutty, too right, most people would puke at the look of some of the hideous suggestions you have put forward.

Sorry to say that it does not negate my comments.

As I said?

Blaze

rory182 said:
who said a 2.0 clio was a supercar? lol but in saying that they lap faster than a few supercars, mind on top gear for instance faster than a vanquish and 550 ferrari round their track :rasp:

the sites called clioSPORT and not clioAESTHETICALLY_LESS_PLEASING suggesting that the majority of people here like driving like drivers cars.

Also says for any Renualt CLIO!!!

Nissan 350Z
LOL @ this thread.

Must admit, fair enough, if you want to modify go ahead. But making a car a clone of the RS model strikes me as a bit pointless. If you want to be individual, do something different, and that DOES NOT MEAN PUTTING LEXUS CLUSTERS THAT EVERY LAXXER DOES!!!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
rory182 said:

im sure the site says for ALL clios. dosnt say anything about the clioSport name relating to the RenualtSport cars...