ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modded Clios that aren't Sports

RB 200 Cup!
Miss Valva said:
I honestly find some people on this site to be so quick to judge,i mean honestly how does it affect you in anyway if someone badges a 1.2 as a sport??

I know most of you hate my blokeys car(blue clio) but he bought the car at 17 as it had free insurance and he liked clios he now only uses the clio for shows and drives a 200bhp renault 5 gtt as his main car now he is older and feels he has the experience to drive it etc...

at the end of the day would you rather put a 17 year old behind the wheel of a 2.0l car after passing a test or see them in 1.2 modifies to there own tastes you should feel flattered that theses young people want to have sports and will admire yours

theres nothing wrong with modding a 1.2 all i was saying is whats the point in putting 2.0 16v badges on it - waste of time. And of course putting a 17 year old behind the wheel of a 182 would be a bad thing!

B-road bully
yeh but a 172 lookalike 1.2 is better than a fast n furious wanna be 1.2, plus i think it doesnt look as ba when u are selling the car cos it looks more sensible. im trying to make mine look lik a 172 cos i cant get insured on one cos im onli 19 n i live in a city centre. but i still like the look of a 172

RB 200 Cup!
thats fair enough - im only 20 and to insure a 182 id need to fork out 2800 quid!

I can understand you wanting to make it look like a 172 which is okay to a point as long as you dont stick on 2.0 16v badges - waste of time and money

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Whats wrong with the look of a dynamique? Mind you have to declare to ur insurace the change of bumpers, addition of skirts etc....

Renault clio Mk1 1.8 16v
if i see people with valver lookalikes it makes me feel good that i can actually drive the real thing!

Ali said:
Yep, again i'm with Neil here...I could have bought an array of cars, But i chose the RS because it was fairly cheap, Agv performance, and has a good customer and client base.

I spent alot of money on my 1.2....Oh how i wish i hadn't!!!

Mullins - What's ur name! lol...Feel rude calling you "Mullins" I think your car is unique, but certainly not my thing, If your happy with it "Big thumbs up!"

It's none of my business what people do to their cars....My opinion is ultimately my opinion. People that do there cars up to look like 172's are generally doing it for all the rite reasons. But it's takin the novelty out of owning an RS. (Dutty's and austins) Are very smart...

I personally love the RS's/cups/valver/williams cosmetically std.

Therefore in summary i must be BORING! As the pic below shows.

DSC00457.jpg

Ali, but by having the turini's on your 172, are you not similarily copying the style of a Cup? Not having a go, as personally I think yours is one of the smartest 172's on here, BUT its not a Cup is it. So, if you had a blue 172, instead of a flame red one, would you have not put the turinis on so as to not take the novelty of owning a cup away from cup owners!?

Personally I wouldn't spend money modifying a non-RS Clio to look like a Sport, as if I was spending money i'd rather go the more individual route like Mullins..... but I guess that puts me in the minority

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Timmay said:
thats fair enough - im only 20 and to insure a 182 id need to fork out 2800 quid!

I can understand you wanting to make it look like a 172 which is okay to a point as long as you dont stick on 2.0 16v badges - waste of time and money

I'm 20 and it's 1100! Add a parent to ur's. Try Tesco

ShaunR16v said:
Ali, but by having the turini's on your 172, are you not similarily copying the style of a Cup? Not having a go, as personally I think yours is one of the smartest 172's on here, BUT its not a Cup is it. So, if you had a blue 172, instead of a flame red one, would you have not put the turinis on so as to not take the novelty of owning a cup away from cup owners!?

Personally I wouldn't spend money modifying a non-RS Clio to look like a Sport, as if I was spending money i'd rather go the more individual route like Mullins..... but I guess that puts me in the minority

Names Chris mate, but im not really bothered ive always been called Mullins!!

Dont see the point in putting aload of money into a 1.2 just to make it look like a 172, If your putting a alot of money in, might aswell make it look yours and unique!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
ShaunR16v said:

Envy mate. The Cup is Beauiful, as i've always said. IMO, the 172 should have been the cup and the Cup the 172! lol, if you see what i mean.

Can you imagine a Cup with all the toys & ABS. I'd have one in a shot.

Nah i've grown out of exterior mods, so mullins car is not something i'm interested in. It's just so nickable and i'd be too worried that some1 would bump it or key it...It's also a police magnet, as like it or not the police HATE modified cars! There a target if you will.

There's too sides to every coin isn't there?

Alistair.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Timmay said:
^^^ parent as the policy holder or as a named driver?

I'm on my old mans garage policy. Doesn't count as frontin by the way. But still in my own name next yr it's only 1500£ with mods.

Ali said:
Envy mate. The Cup is Beauiful, as i've always said. IMO, the 172 should have been the cup and the Cup the 172! lol, if you see what i mean.

Nah i've grown out of exterior mods, so mullins car is not something i'm interested in. It's just so nickable and i'd be too worried that some1 would bump it or key it...It's also a police magnet, as like it or not the police HATE modified cars! There a target if you will.

Alistair.

Only been pulled twice by Police since having car done.

1. By a c**k! He was a traffic cop and working on a traffic car at an industrial estate next to Endless Perfomance. He pulled me and told me to change my exhaust back to standard, one thing he also said that made me see red was 'ive seen im working next door to Endless performance hmmmm, endless tickets' My reply was well actually im a police officer and been doing a load of role plays and my car as been used in the demo, its funny none of the sergants said anything. Ok Chris off you go!

2. I was asking for it really, on phone and doing a U-Turn, not good!

Been broken into once, and still do get that feel of 'i hope the cars ok'

Renault clio Mk1 1.8 16v
oh and as for my blokes car which has a 172 kit the reason it has this kit is purely and simply because he crashed it and he works in a bodyshop and they gave him the 172 bumpers as a replacement!

Ali said:

Alistair.

There certainly are 2 sides to every coin

And as I said, I wasn't being picky as I like the looks of your 172. Mines only a mk1, but i've got mk2 wheels and lights but would have some turini's at the drop of a hat if I ever managed to get some at a "resonable price :rolleyes: "

That said, my 19 is probably modified to the same extent as Chris' (Mullins) Clio and its true what you say, I do get worried about it being hit/keyed etc, but thats why I have the 172 as my everyday car which just makes me apprecaite the 19 more when i do use it.

It just makes me laugh at times how people treat you differantly because of the type of car you drive.... some days i drive a modified car so im a "chav", but most days i drive a near standard sporty car so im everyones mate!

ShaunR16v said:
There certainly are 2 sides to every coin

And as I said, I wasn't being picky as I like the looks of your 172. Mines only a mk1, but i've got mk2 wheels and lights but would have some turini's at the drop of a hat if I ever managed to get some at a "resonable price :rolleyes: "

That said, my 19 is probably modified to the same extent as Chris' (Mullins) Clio and its true what you say, I do get worried about it being hit/keyed etc, but thats why I have the 172 as my everyday car which just makes me apprecaite the 19 more when i do use it.

It just makes me laugh at times how people treat you differantly because of the type of car you drive.... some days i drive a modified car so im a "chav", but most days i drive a near standard sporty car so im everyones mate!

Quality!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
CDMullins said:
Only been pulled twice by Police since having car done.

1. By a c**k! He was a traffic cop and working on a traffic car at an industrial estate next to Endless Perfomance. He pulled me and told me to change my exhaust back to standard, one thing he also said that made me see red was 'ive seen im working next door to Endless performance hmmmm, endless tickets' My reply was well actually im a police officer and been doing a load of role plays and my car as been used in the demo, its funny none of the sergants said anything. Ok Chris off you go!

2. I was asking for it really, on phone and doing a U-Turn, not good!

Been broken into once, and still do get that feel of 'i hope the cars ok'

I got pulled 9 times in 3yrs in my old car. twice...hands up i was speeding!
But the rest was for nothing, coz the car was loud and stood out. Never felt happy about leavin it.

Renault clio Mk1 1.8 16v
Timmay said:
^^^ is there a pic on the site of your blokes car - wouldnt mind seeing it

yep pics under topic
modded clio in redline mag this month!cant be buggered to link though!sorry!lol

Ali said:
I got pulled 9 times in 3yrs in my old car. twice...hands up i was speeding!
But the rest was for nothing, coz the car was loud and stood out. Never felt happy about leavin it.

Its s**t, the only time ive felt safe about leaving it was at Doncaster Races in offical car park and with guards on gate and guess what....... so scrote got my head unit!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
CDMullins said:

Quality!

Unfortunately it's always gonna be like that! I got hinted at bein a boy racer with my old car and that was the final straw i had to get shot of it.

E91 M Sport
Ali said:

Did no one tell you the 182 with cups pack has been out for 3 years? ;)

Btw, here are the possible origins of Chav --> http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/chav

I personally don't really like most modified cars, because to do one properly you need a) money b) an eye for good design c) the skill to put it together (unless its done by a bodyshop) d) the time to pull it off properly.

Using the lights / handles / bumpers from higher-spec models will always look pretty good because the designers sketched it to look good before the car was built. Aftermarket bits are, by their nature, crap stuck-on bits of plastic and stand out like a sore thumb. Not what you want to be noticed for.

Good modified cars are:

Aston Martin Zagato
Ruf Turbo
Brabus

and not just because they have the power to match the looks.

Chocolate Bar™
miketheman2k said:
I personally don't really like most modified cars, because to do one properly you need a) money b) an eye for good design c) the skill to put it together (unless its done by a bodyshop) d) the time to pull it off properly.

you've described me there mike... but i must have more money than sense to buy some naff 182 seats off a southerner ;)

E91 M Sport
Yeah I think all those examples are probably classed as 'manufacturers' but they're not really - just high-class tuning shops that, among other things, bolt plastic to cars and make them look good (not that they look sh1t already lol)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
miketheman2k said:
Did no one tell you the 182 with cups pack has been out for 3 years? ;)

Btw, here are the possible origins of Chav --> http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/chav

Using the lights / handles / bumpers from higher-spec models will always look pretty good because the designers sketched it to look good before the car was built. Aftermarket bits are, by their nature, crap stuck-on bits of plastic and stand out like a sore thumb. Not what you want to be noticed for.

Good modified cars are:

Aston Martin Zagato
Ruf Turbo
Brabus

and not just because they have the power to match the looks.

Shame it's got silly exhausts, grey headlight, silver seatbelts, poor trim and most importantly isn't modial blue! ;) lol...

lol, Ruf are much the same as alpina, 1, take brand new unregistered car, 2, chop about a bit cosmetically and change interior bits 3, fettle engine 4, tweek suspension and brakes 5 sell onto punters at a massive mark up from the car it was based on.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
as are, the Merc luxury tanks....canny mind what there called......maybach or something?

RB 200 Cup!
yeah maybach - s**t cos i'd rather have a rolls royce

and loony yep your right - i mean brabus took the slr mcclaren tinkered with it and added 30k to the price tag plus it aint road legal cos of the exhaust!!!!!!

Turbos.
RUF and Alpina may technically be manufacturers but they wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Porsche or BMW, would they?

E91 M Sport
Loony said:
lol, Ruf are much the same as alpina, 1, take brand new unregistered car, 2, chop about a bit cosmetically and change interior bits 3, fettle engine 4, tweek suspension and brakes 5 sell onto punters at a massive mark up from the car it was based on.

lol.

6) put the words 'individual' in the marketing bumf

nothing, blown up!
i got this for my 17th bDAY in xmas and omg i shat myself

Attachments

• 06-03-02_15-40.jpg
    06-03-02_15-40.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 06-03-02_15-41.jpg
    06-03-02_15-41.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 51
  • 06-03-02_15-411.jpg
    06-03-02_15-411.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 06-03-02_15-402.jpg
    06-03-02_15-402.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 53
  nothing, blown up!
yeah i have to agree the back bumper looks a bit ... does my bum look big in this? but i got the car like it and V cheap as it was a body shop owners.

Megane 225 Cup
yeah looks good although i wouldnt want a cop to pull me over with that evo number plate...

BUSTED SUNNY!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Ok so if by making a car out to be something its not.
I.e Putting a 172 kit on a smaller engined or lesser car lets just say a 1.6 16v seems to some to be Chav and boy racerish.

Now I have a FF 172 and I wanted a the creature comforts that the FF offered but I preffered the external looks of a std 172 cup, As far as I am aware you couldn't get Cup packs on the 172 only the 182, also I bought mine secondhand so you have to expect that you wont get exactly what you want. SO if I now add a Cup spoiler, splitter and Turinis does that make me a Chav for modifing my car to be something its not?